Jump to content
  • 0
DRAL18

Is it haram to marry the love of my life????!

Rate this question

Question

Salam Alaikom,

I have a question and I was hoping someone would be able to direct me or shed some light on the matter. I was married a couple of years back but it did not work out and we got divorced. However before the divorce we were separated by about 2 months (I cannot remember the exact time period). During that time I met a guy and we developed a relationship. Now I have heard before that its not permissible for a women to have a relationship while still married but that is all i knew. I never knew the exact reasons behind it. However it was couple of months after my divorce that I found out that if you have a relationship while still being married or during the 3ida' period, you can never marry that guy and he is forbidden to you. But I never knew that, I just knew that it shouldnt happen, but I never knew he will forever be haram for you and you two can never get married. He is sunni and I think sunni's don't believe in that or they dont have that concept, but I know to shias that its an actual thing. After finding out, I kept it to myself in fear that it will ruin our relationship, I was scared of losing him. But now we want to get married, but I dont know if we can.

Can someone please help me or tell me if its true and if so, is there a way around it? I cant bear the thought of losing this guy but at the same time I want to live with him the halal way and have kids, I dont want to live in sin!

I would appreciate your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 hours ago, DRAL18 said:

I would appreciate your help

[Mod Note: This post is not from a fiqh ruling but from personal experience.]

First of all. I have no knowledge of this, so I can't tell you much of the ruling, get someone with more knowledge!

The thing I can tell you is... Sister! You better stay away from sunnis, you will regret it in the end. I have lost a friend whom I liked, and he was a good sunni! As soon as they become religious they become distant, but then again! I am not the man who would tell you what you should do or not! It is up to you!

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Mod Note

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Hamodiii said:

First of all. I have no knowledge of this, so I can't tell you much of the ruling, get someone with more knowledge!

The thing I can tell you is... Sister! You better stay away from sunnis, you will regret it in the end. I have lost a friend whom I liked, and he was a good sunni! As soon as they become religious they become distant, but then again! I am not the man who would tell you what you should do or not! It is up to you!

I also had a Sunni roommate. He was religious and selfish. Every time he had right to question Shiite, but I never had right to question Sunnism.

My cousin married a Sunni, and she regrets it. I don't recommend this marriage to anyone. Children are one problem, but there are a lot of other problems after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

How is a woman on a forbidden man everlasting?
Hello, I am a 32-year-old boy with a 3-year-old son, I was married to my wife for one year, and I met a woman who has two children and her husband has left her for about a year and she has just left her husband. Isolated. We decided to marry. We have read a 3-month temporary contract to read the permanent contract by the end of the time. I know that if, before the end of the time, we are in the same room, this woman is forbidden to me and I do not have the right to marry him, but with all my shame I was only touching the body and kissing alongside this woman. I wonder if this The act will permanently ban this woman to me, while no action will be taken. Please give me the quickest answer to the question that I'm worried that this woman is forbidden to me.

Thank you very much for your inquiry with this center.
Not only is the proximity of the times difficult. But the contract (permanent or temporary) is also in the course of time.
If a man or woman knows that the marriage is in vain and forbidden at the time of the people and they are doing this, their contracts are void and they are forbidden forever.
But if no one knows that the marriage is forbidden at the time of the person and they are married, their marriage contract is null and void, but if they are not close(If they dont do Zina), they will not be forbidden forever.
After the end of the group, they can marry together. (1)
Wrote:
1. Ayatollah Sistani, Explanation of Al-Masaleh, 2360.

http://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/20118

http://mhjohar.blogfa.com/post/352

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

How is a woman on a forbidden man everlasting?
Hello, I am a 32-year-old boy with a 3-year-old son, I was married to my wife for one year, and I met a woman who has two children and her husband has left her for about a year and she has just left her husband. Isolated. We decided to marry. We have read a 3-month temporary contract to read the permanent contract by the end of the time. I know that if, before the end of the time, we are in the same room, this woman is forbidden to me and I do not have the right to marry him, but with all my shame I was only touching the body and kissing alongside this woman. I wonder if this The act will permanently ban this woman to me, while no action will be taken. Please give me the quickest answer to the question that I'm worried that this woman is forbidden to me.

Thank you very much for your inquiry with this center.
Not only is the proximity of the times difficult. But the contract (permanent or temporary) is also in the course of time.
If a man or woman knows that the marriage is in vain and forbidden at the time of the people and they are doing this, their contracts are void and they are forbidden forever.
But if no one knows that the marriage is forbidden at the time of the person and they are married, their marriage contract is null and void, but if they are not close(If they dont do Zina), they will not be forbidden forever.
After the end of the group, they can marry together. (1)
Wrote:
1. Ayatollah Sistani, Explanation of Al-Masaleh, 2360.

http://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/20118

http://mhjohar.blogfa.com/post/352

 

Does this mean there is no way around my situation? Is it absolutely impossible then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

When you say you had a relationship with him, does that mean sexual intercourse or did you just talk?

I mean a full relationship, which I completely know was the wrong thing to and it should have never happened but I never knew that we can not marry ever if this happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, DRAL18 said:

I mean a full relationship, which I completely know was the wrong thing to and it should have never happened but I never knew that we can not marry ever if this happens

 

20 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

If a man or woman knows that the marriage is in vain and forbidden at the time of the people and they are doing this, their contracts are void and they are forbidden forever.

it is said if one side knows the rule they become Haram to each other but as both of you don't know it at that time you must ask it from your Marja about your situation . I hope that still will be a chance  available for you.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×