converter

non halal food

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Hassan- said:

It's not permissible to buy or give anyone non-halal food for the purpose of consumption.

What If they are trying to open something, like an old person who wants to eat gelatin candy, but can't open it? Can we as muslims help him? I mean Islam came as an easy way of life, not make it hard... Then working in mcdonalds is haram? :/

We should show our religion by actions, not tongue.

Edited by Hamodiii

2 minutes ago, Hamodiii said:

What If they are trying to open something, like an old person who wants to eat gelatin candy, but can't open it? Can we as muslims help him? I mean Islam came as an easy way of life, not make it hard... Then working in mcdonalds is haram? :/

Like a old person who wants to eat gelatine candy 

That’s an intresting thing to say 

but I guess you could open it for them 

Edited by Sisterfatima1

3 minutes ago, Sisterfatima1 said:

Like a old person who wants to eat gelatine candy 

My sister told me she helped him, and I asked her about If it was considered harm, and she replied it was no issue in it. I mean It makes sense cause we are just helping! Yeah, we was quite old according to her. He was unable to open the plastic bag.

Edited by Hamodiii

54 minutes ago, Hamodiii said:

Then working in mcdonalds is haram?

Let me tell you something that will put you in deep thinking !

i was told even buying a small coffee from sturbucks would be considered as sin! And you will receive punishment for that, Why???! Because its for an israeli person, and the money will be used for donation to israeli factories that will build bullets to kill innocent palestinian children!

Plus, add companies like pepsi and cocacola,.... that will donate to israel!

Think about it!

Edited by Arminmo

3 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Let me tell you something that will put you in deep thinking !

i was told even buying a small coffee from sturbucks would be considered as sin! And you will receive punishment for that, Why???! Because its for an israeli person, and the money will be used for donation to israeli factories that will build bullets to kill innocent palestinian children!

Plus, add companies like pepsi and cocacola,.... that will donate to israel!

Think about it!

With other words, we need to stop buying anyhing called fast food.

2 hours ago, Hamodiii said:

That’s fine because you aren’t technically giving him the haram food, you’re just helping him open something.

If working in McDonald’s makes you sell or give haram food for consumption, it is not permissible as per Imam Khamenei.

1 minute ago, Hassan- said:

That’s fine because you aren’t technically giving him the haram food, you’re just helping him open something.

If working in McDonald’s makes you sell or give haram food for consumption, it is not permissible as per Imam Khamenei.

Man. This is tough! What about buying vegan burger from Mc?

Thanks, brother! Hope Allah blesses you!

7 hours ago, Hamodiii said:

Man. This is tough! What about buying vegan burger from Mc?

Thanks, brother! Hope Allah blesses you!

McDonald's drops halal food from U.S. menu

Niraj Warikoo, Detroit Free PressPublished 6:47 a.m. ET June 24, 2013

After a contentious lawsuit, eatery yanks two chicken items at two Detroit-area locations popular with Muslims.

GAN MCDONALDS HALAL LAWSUIT 020413

(Photo: Regina H. Boone, Detroit Free Press)

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• Only two McDonald's in U.S. sold the halal products
  • Plaintiffs claimed that McDonald's falsely advertised food as halal
  •  
  • Lawsuit was settled for $275,000 in April
CONNECTTWEET 2LINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

DETROIT -- There have been only two McDonald's restaurants in the U.S. that have offered halal food. Both were in east Dearborn, Mich., which has a sizable population of Arab-American Muslims.

But after a contentious lawsuit that accused the restaurant chain of selling non-halal items advertised as halal, McDonald's has yanked its Halal Chicken McNuggets and Halal McChicken sandwiches off the menu. The move brings to an end a unique product that made the two McDonald's restaurants popular with Muslims.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/06/24/mcdonalds-drops-halal-food-from-us-menu/2451243/

Is the food on the McDonald's menu Halal?

hi pleases can you inform me if the food on your menu is halal? thank you

Thanks for your question. None of McDonald's products carry Halal certification. However all products are cooked separately; beef patties are cooked on a griddle and our File-o-Fish, Apple Pies, Chicken products and vegetable patty are cooked in vegetable oil using dedicated cooking vats. These vats are exclusively for the purpose of cooking a specific product and that product alone. Due to the order of rotation during the filtering of the vats, there is a possibility the 100% vegetable oil used to cook the vegetable patty may come into contact with the 100% vegetable oil used to cook the chicken and/or fish products.
McDonald's can assure you that whilst every possible precaution is taken in order to prevent cross contamination during this filtering process, we cannot guarantee this will not occur. The French Fries which have been approved by the Vegetarian Society are cooked using different equipment and are entirely segregated from the other products; therefore this product is not affected.

McDonald's Retreats From Selling Halal Food After Lawsuit

The search for food prepared according to Islamic law at fast-food restaurant chains just got a little trickier.

On Monday, McDonald's announced that its locations in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, Mich., would stop serving halal food, which requires animals to be slaughtered according to Islamic practices and excludes prohibited items such as pork. The franchisees were the only two in the country to serve halal food.

https://www.cnbc.com/id/100842857

On 2/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, Hassan- said:

What if it’s beer or wine or drink that has some alchohol is that haram since I’m not serving him im helping opening a bottle ?? What about food ?? 

18 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What if it’s beer or wine or drink that has some alchohol is that haram since I’m not serving him im helping opening a bottle ?? What about food ?? 

Amr bil ma3roof wa nahi 3anl munkar (enjoining the good and forbidding the evil) is obligatory in this scenario, it is your duty to refrain him from drinking the alcohol, and not opening the bottle for him is a good way to forbid him from the evil. This goes the same for the gelatin candy that I mentioned in my previous comment.

2 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Amr bil ma3roof wa nahi 3anl munkar (enjoining the good and forbidding the evil) is obligatory in this scenario, it is your duty to refrain him from drinking the alcohol, and not opening the bottle for him is a good way to forbid him from the evil. This goes the same for the gelatin candy that I mentioned in my previous comment.

But you mentioned it was fine for gelatin candy in the previous comment since Your not giving him something but helping him opening something. I do understand for why you shouldn’t for alcohol. 

15 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

But you mentioned it was fine for gelatin candy in the previous comment since Your not giving him something but helping him opening something. I do understand for why you shouldn’t for alcohol. 

Yes and I take back what I said before. I totally forgot about Amr bil ma3roofo wa nahi 3anl munkar.

Yes and I take back what I said before. I totally forgot about Amr bil ma3roofo wa nahi 3anl munkar.

Ohh okay I have question for you if someone  is not Muslim or not from the ahlul-kitab gives you food that prepped and done by a Muslim or a ahlul-Kitab is that food Tahir or najis ?? 

Just now, Anonymous2144 said:

Ohh okay I have question for you if someone  is not Muslim or not from the ahlul-kitab gives you food that prepped and done by a Muslim or a ahlul-Kitab is that food Tahir or najis ?? 

The food is taahir unless you witnessed with your own eyes the kafir touched your food with wet hands.

The food is taahir unless you witnessed with your own eyes the kafir touched your food with wet hands.

When you say wet hands do you mean water or wet because of the some sort of liquid in the food?

8 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

So even if the liquid came from the food that is Tahir? 

Yes, if the kafir touches the liquid on the food, the area that he touched becomes najis. This is only if you are 100% sure. If you have any doubts whether he touched your food, or whether his hands were wet, the food is taahir.