islam25

How can we know Allah is pleased with us.

Rate this question

Question

The ultimate salvation and prosperity one can achieve is that Allah is pleased with us. How can we ascertain that Allah is pleased with us. Because intenational changes may shift the outcome of our actions. And despite doing good actions Allah free intentions destroy the value of actions. So is there any indication that our actions are accepted and Allah is pleased with us. 

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

The ultimate salvation and prosperity one can achieve is that Allah is pleased with us. How can we ascertain that Allah is pleased with us. Because intenational changes may shift the outcome of our actions. And despite doing good actions Allah free intentions destroy the value of actions. So is there any indication that our actions are accepted and Allah is pleased with us. 

Once a man came to Imam Ali (A.S) and asked, how would I know my sin is forgiven by Allah. Imam (A.S) replied: You are not going to repeat that sin again.

Then he asked how would I know all of my sins are forgiven by Allah, Imam (A.S) replied: You are going to find pleasure in your prayers.

So if you are pryaing 5 times a day and feeling good about it, then Allah might be pleased with you. And if you are not even praying then Allah might not be happy with you. REALITY CHECK :-) !!

11 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

Once a man came to Imam Ali (A.S) and asked, how would I know my sin is forgiven by Allah. Imam (A.S) replied: You are not going to repeat that sin again.

Then he asked how would I know all of my sins are forgiven by Allah, Imam (A.S) replied: You are going to find pleasure in your prayers.

So if you are pryaing 5 times a day and feeling good about it, then Allah might be pleased with you. And if you are not even praying then Allah might not be happy with you. REALITY CHECK :-) !!

I really loved ur post siar

9 hours ago, islam25 said:

There is something that Shia scholars call "The Clearness of Spirit". It is a feeling. It can happen for normal people as well by avoiding sins, crying over Imam Hussain, doing night prays, etc. As long as you have this divine feeling, you know that your actions are only for Allah. If you do a very small tiny action to please people rather than Allah, you will lose that feeling and you have to start over to regain it.

Rajabali was a person who only considered Allah in his life. One day he felt that he doesn't have that divine feeling in his heart anymore. He began thinking about what he did wrong in last week. Finally he remembered that yesterday when his friend came to his house for pray, he wore especial cloth to please his friend. He usually didn't wear that cloth when he was alone, but he decided to do that to please his friend. He then repented and regained that feeling.

This story is a lesson for all of us. We all should pay attention to what we do and they all should be for Allah even a small thing like wearing cloth.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.