islam25

How can we know Allah is pleased with us.

Rate this topic

The ultimate salvation and prosperity one can achieve is that Allah is pleased with us. How can we ascertain that Allah is pleased with us. Because intenational changes may shift the outcome of our actions. And despite doing good actions Allah free intentions destroy the value of actions. So is there any indication that our actions are accepted and Allah is pleased with us. 

4 minutes ago, islam25 said:

The ultimate salvation and prosperity one can achieve is that Allah is pleased with us. How can we ascertain that Allah is pleased with us. Because intenational changes may shift the outcome of our actions. And despite doing good actions Allah free intentions destroy the value of actions. So is there any indication that our actions are accepted and Allah is pleased with us. 

Once a man came to Imam Ali (A.S) and asked, how would I know my sin is forgiven by Allah. Imam (A.S) replied: You are not going to repeat that sin again.

Then he asked how would I know all of my sins are forgiven by Allah, Imam (A.S) replied: You are going to find pleasure in your prayers.

So if you are pryaing 5 times a day and feeling good about it, then Allah might be pleased with you. And if you are not even praying then Allah might not be happy with you. REALITY CHECK :-) !!

9 hours ago, islam25 said:

There is something that Shia scholars call "The Clearness of Spirit". It is a feeling. It can happen for normal people as well by avoiding sins, crying over Imam Hussain, doing night prays, etc. As long as you have this divine feeling, you know that your actions are only for Allah. If you do a very small tiny action to please people rather than Allah, you will lose that feeling and you have to start over to regain it.

Rajabali was a person who only considered Allah in his life. One day he felt that he doesn't have that divine feeling in his heart anymore. He began thinking about what he did wrong in last week. Finally he remembered that yesterday when his friend came to his house for pray, he wore especial cloth to please his friend. He usually didn't wear that cloth when he was alone, but he decided to do that to please his friend. He then repented and regained that feeling.

This story is a lesson for all of us. We all should pay attention to what we do and they all should be for Allah even a small thing like wearing cloth.

11 hours ago, SIAR14 said:

Once a man came to Imam Ali (A.S) and asked, how would I know my sin is forgiven by Allah. Imam (A.S) replied: You are not going to repeat that sin again.

Then he asked how would I know all of my sins are forgiven by Allah, Imam (A.S) replied: You are going to find pleasure in your prayers.

So if you are pryaing 5 times a day and feeling good about it, then Allah might be pleased with you. And if you are not even praying then Allah might not be happy with you. REALITY CHECK :-) !!

I really loved ur post siar

On 2/4/2018 at 3:06 PM, SIAR14 said:

I liked it when you mentioned Imam Ali as Hadees, But I Highly hated reading your opinion which is more of judging any one without knowing anything about that any one. You aren't any authority of/to Allah to speak from his (The Omnipotent) perspective or anything. Allah is not a human being like you or others who has feelings of anger and happiness with regards to your obedience towards prayers or any other things. The Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى majority of people describe or explain appears to be a being packed with all emotions than Divine Judge.

Let Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى do his work of Judging his Creation. Not you or me or any one. 

5 hours ago, Be Human First said:

But I Highly hated reading your opinion which is more of judging any one without knowing anything about that any one

:salam:

Brother, the way you preceived last part of comment, I am with you on this no human being can judge other human being. But if you can have a closer look, I used a word "might", which means there is probability.

Edited by SIAR14

On 2/4/2018 at 8:56 AM, islam25 said:

How can we ascertain that Allah is pleased with us

Nafs attains "itminaan" or becomes "mutma'in" & nafs attains the level where it is well pleased with Allah (s.w.t)

Surah Al-Fajr, Verse 27:
يَا أَيَّتُهَا النَّفْسُ الْمُطْمَئِنَّةُ

O soul that art at rest!
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Fajr, Verse 28:
ارْجِعِي إِلَىٰ رَبِّكِ رَاضِيَةً مَّرْضِيَّةً

Return to your Lord, well-pleased (with him), well-pleasing (Him),
(English - Shakir)

To be ascertain, we need to reach to that level, otherwise for common person:

Surah Al-Inshiqaq, Verse 6:
يَا أَيُّهَا الْإِنسَانُ إِنَّكَ كَادِحٌ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكَ كَدْحًا فَمُلَاقِيهِ

O man! surely you must strive (to attain) to your Lord, a hard striving until you meet Him.
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Inshiqaq, Verse 7:
فَأَمَّا مَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ

Then as to him who is given his book in his right hand,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Inshiqaq, Verse 8:
فَسَوْفَ يُحَاسَبُ حِسَابًا يَسِيرًا

He shall be reckoned with by an easy reckoning,
(English - Shakir)

Surah Al-Inshiqaq, Verse 9:
وَيَنقَلِبُ إِلَىٰ أَهْلِهِ مَسْرُورًا

And he shall go back to his people joyful.
(English - Shakir)

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:56 PM, islam25 said:

When you fulfil the rights of Allah and His creatures (human beings and others) without showing off to others, I promise that you have pleased the court of Allah.

I don't have any hadiths to support the points I have listed, but I think the following should give everyone a rough idea whether we're on the right track. (I'm listing the points that are pretty obvious)

(1) You're just in a state of awe during prayers.

(2) Reading Quran makes you contemplate more and you're moved by it when you hear its verses being recited.

(3) You have a lot of will power, especially when it comes to controlling sexual desires (outside of marriage).

(4) Being in the presence of those who talk 'vain', really annoys you. Therefore you will try your best to be in the presence of god-fearing or decent human beings.

(5) You have a thirst for Islamic knowledge - you can't let a day go by where you haven't gained knowledge.

(6) You don't see Islamic obligations as a burden, as you take this as an opportunity to grow spiritually.

(7) You contemplate on death more often and remember God throughout the day.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

عَلَامَةُ رِضَا اللَّهِ سُبْحَانَهُ عَنِ الْعَبْدِ رِضَاهُ بِمَا قَضَى بِهِ سُبْحَانَهُ لَهُ وَ عَلَيْه

One of the most important signs to know whether or not Allah is pleased with us is to see whether or not we are pleased with what Allah has ordained for us. This can be distinguished in our heart during hard times.

http://mesbahyazdi.ir/node/4715

Edited by kamyar