shadow_of_light

Do armies teach humanity and mercy to the soldiers

Rate this topic

Quran teaches jihad against the oppressors and at the same time, it teaches justice, humanity and mercy. It orders us not to attack or kill the innocent, not to be aggressors, to be just, to show the captives mercy and even to stop fighting when the enemy stops.

Now, I am curious if such things are taught by the armies or if they merely teach violence to the soldiers?

They merely teach violence to the soldiers; when I was in the Army,I clearly remember that a certain captain explained to us 19 y.o. soldiers what to do in case we noticed someone trying to climb the wall of the barracks in order to enter :"You have to kill him!" were his words. Soldiers are professional killers and you do not have to expect that they have mercy upon p.o.w.s! History is full of atrocities committed by all armies against captured enemies. This is the way soldiers are brainwashed.

9 hours ago, Jimmy Boy said:

They merely teach violence to the soldiers; when I was in the Army,I clearly remember that a certain captain explained to us 19 y.o. soldiers what to do in case we noticed someone trying to climb the wall of the barracks in order to enter :"You have to kill him!" were his words. Soldiers are professional killers and you do not have to expect that they have mercy upon p.o.w.s! History is full of atrocities committed by all armies against captured enemies. This is the way soldiers are brainwashed.

This method of training can be very dangerous.

Did they teach you to even to be violent towards civilians for example children and women or did they distinguish between the enemy (the armed forces) and the innocent?

2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Did they teach you to even to be violent towards civilians for example children and women or did they distinguish between the enemy (the armed forces) and the innocent?

Salam in third world countries most of time they do not distinguish between enemy & children and women.

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam in third world countries most of time they do not distinguish between enemy & children and women.

Salam

It seems that all armies in different parts of the world, even in developed countries, teach violence to the soldiers. Armies are responsible for the most terrible atrocities in the history of mankind.

7 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Yes and no. They teach about "rules of engagement" and "enemy non-combatants". And then they teach (at least the US Army in the 90s) that they are dangerous subhuman creatures. "Enemy non-combatants" can be used, but never trusted. 

People have an idealistic and romantic view of warfare. That's not how it works. You can refer to the comments of brother @Ibn al-Hussain on this thread to know the true opinions of the jurists;

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235046458-killing-civilians-in-war/?do=findComment&comment=3008867

18 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Quran teaches jihad against the oppressors and at the same time, it teaches justice, humanity and mercy. It orders us not to attack or kill the innocent, not to be aggressors, to be just, to show the captives mercy and even to stop fighting when the enemy stops.

Now, I am curious if such things are taught by the armies or if they merely teach violence to the soldiers?

that is the difference between the moqawama and every other army in the world. Look at how Hizbullah treated captured Isis soldiers as compared to what isis do to captured hizbullah soldiers. Also hizbullah will not attack a target if civilians are present. they follow (true)islamic rules of engagement. That is why they are always victorious.

20 hours ago, notme said:

Yes and no. They teach about "rules of engagement" and "enemy non-combatants". And then they teach (at least the US Army in the 90s) that they are dangerous subhuman creatures. "Enemy non-combatants" can be used, but never trusted. 

For a long time, it has been a question for me that why many terrible war crimes have been committed all- around the world and how some soldiers could be so brutal and cruel to innocents. I was unaware of their strict instruction.

19 hours ago, Sumerian said:

People have an idealistic and romantic view of warfare. That's not how it works. You can refer to the comments of brother @Ibn al-Hussain on this thread to know the true opinions of the jurists;

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235046458-killing-civilians-in-war/?do=findComment&comment=3008867

I read his posts. I believe that assaulting and killing innocent people is inhumane, immoral and unislamic and that the end doesnt justify the means.

19 hours ago, kirtc said:

that is the difference between the moqawama and every other army in the world. Look at how Hizbullah treated captured Isis soldiers as compared to what isis do to captured hizbullah soldiers. Also hizbullah will not attack a target if civilians are present. they follow (true)islamic rules of engagement. That is why they are always victorious.

They are true muslims. Other soldiers must learn from them.

This topic is sad by itself, how can people kill so casually! Despite the fact I dislike Omar and Abu bakr, I can't manage to kill them.... Their punishment is in the hereafter.

Wallah, people have no sense of humanity, nor a heart...

Allah gave us Ahlulbayt to follow! We should thank Allah every day!

I Hope Allah protect us all!

Edited by Hamodiii

3 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

I read his posts. I believe that assaulting and killing innocent people is inhumane, immoral and unislamic and that the end doesnt justify the means.

You are free to believe what you want. I'm just telling you what the jurists say.

In modern "war", more civilians are killed than combatants.  That's not war - that's murder.  Any jurist who says that "modern warfare" is acceptable is wrong. 

I will (reluctantly) accept that sometimes an occasional civilian death is unavoidable in war, but not that they should be accepted as just part of the necessary daily business.  Deaths of innocent bystanders in war should be seen as horrific, an atrocity, shocking, and terrible.  It should make people give second thought to the importance of the war.

10 minutes ago, notme said:

In modern "war", more civilians are killed than combatants.  That's not war - that's murder.  Any jurist who says that "modern warfare" is acceptable is wrong. 

I will (reluctantly) accept that sometimes an occasional civilian death is unavoidable in war, but not that they should be accepted as just part of the necessary daily business.  Deaths of innocent bystanders in war should be seen as horrific, an atrocity, shocking, and terrible.  It should make people give second thought to the importance of the war.

It is no war, It is celeberation of spreading blood. They drink blood like it is nothing.

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, notme said:

Exactly! Btw,I am European,not from the third world.