Ibn Al-Shahid

Fighting with swords when the Imam returns

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, kashif.h said:

I don't know if they are authentic hadiths but some narrations (sunni ones I think) encourage muslims to practice horse and camel riding, bow shooting, javelin throwing, swimming, running and walking. 

When you think about it, if there is a nuclear war or a big worldwide natural disaster, there will no more factories to produce the ammunition needed for modern firearms. Nowadays, you need the right ammunition (comprising the bullet, the powder and the little explosive) to use a firearm and that ammunition has to be produced in a factory, you cannot make it yourself as far as I know. We will eventually run out of ammunition and then less sophisticated weapons will be used.

Horse racing is for training purposes only. Archery for community defense. You are correct, this is Sunnah.

Citation: For archery, Sahih al-Bukhari Bk52-148 and Bk55-592.  When you search race/racing in al-Bukhari you will read that the Prophet-s.a.w.s. "organized" races and that His-s.a.w.s. camel also lost.

Edited by hasanhh
Citation

1 hour ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I don’t think you know how much land the atomic bomb destroys...

Brother, then I think you probably don't know how much land the enemies occupy and how severe the punishment (azaab) of Allah is...

No offense brother there are many things that we are unaware of.

10 hours ago, kashif.h said:

I don't know if they are authentic hadiths but some narrations (sunni ones I think) encourage muslims to practice horse and camel riding, bow shooting, javelin throwing, swimming, running and walking. 

When you think about it, if there is a nuclear war or a big worldwide natural disaster, there will no more factories to produce the ammunition needed for modern firearms. Nowadays, you need the right ammunition (comprising the bullet, the powder and the little explosive) to use a firearm and that ammunition has to be produced in a factory, you cannot make it yourself as far as I know. We will eventually run out of ammunition and then less sophisticated weapons will be used.

Salam I think that these sports advised for preparation of body & soul but does not mean that we will use them directly whole these exercises causes beside mentality improvement & increasing focusing have other effects that we dont know yet if you study & watch about healthy rich people of world most of them these three exercise is main hobby of them.