Ibn Al-Shahid

Fighting with swords when the Imam returns

Rate this topic

السلام عليكم

I was against the notion that we will be going back to primitive weapons and modes of transportation when the Imam returns. I have heard this so many times.

However, today in class we were discussing philosophers and what they think will happen in the future. A point came up that there is a prediction that we will destroy this world so much that we have no choice, or perhaps we have depleted everything, but to return to using manual methods rather than the new technological stuff.

Maybe there is truth to the notion of going back to primitive modes upon the arrival because we (humans) will have caused massive destruction that technological advancement cannot be carried out.

13 minutes ago, power said:

Why cannot Imam (as) use modern technology? 

No muslim shia country( even iran) has enough modern technology.

Fighting of imam mahdi wont be done by human weapons.

God gave prophet issa (as) powers, God will give power to imam mahdi(ajtfs) and his 313 soldiers also.

Edited by Arminmo

4 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

God gave prophet issa (as) powers, God will give power to imam mahdi(ajtfs) and his 313 soldiers.

Supernatural powers?

20 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

God gave prophet issa (as) powers, God will give power to imam mahdi(ajtfs) and his 313 soldiers also.

Nowadays Iran has modern technology but it's supplies is not equal to modern countries like USA when Imam Mahdi (aj) reappears will awake all potentially of his companions that they looks like superhumans & the sword is sign of most reachable weapon not the ancient swords only Allah knows at that time what kind of weapons &technology will be used by him & his followers.

In Islam learning of riding the horse ,swimming,  any type of shooting  advised that it must have some reasons that not mentioned. 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Interesting theory. It may be. God knows best.

According to Sayed Mounir al-Khâbaz (ha) the narration about the Imam (aj) fighting with swords should be understood metaphorically. In his opinion, people - at that time - couldn't comprehend the modern weapon technology.  

1 minute ago, Ali-F said:

Interesting theory. It may be. God knows best.

According to Sayed Mounir al-Khâbaz (ha) the narration about the Imam (aj) fighting with swords should be understood metaphorically. In his opinion, people - at that time - couldn't comprehend the modern weapon technology.  

There is many possibilities or maybe at that time they fight as star wars :grin:

21 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

was against the notion that we will be going back to primitive weapons and modes of transportation when the Imam returns. I have heard this so many times.

Bro I also heard this view from one of my suni friend. But when you hear their scholars they only say "An army of khurasan, from east will rise. Go and join them even if you have to crawl on ice because you are going to find Imam Mehdi (A.S) in that army". Their schoalr never says army of Khurasan will come on horses along with swords. I don't understand why this perception is build. It was Einstein who said"WW3 will be fought with massive weapons and Last War will be fought with traditional weapon"

As par shia narrations "When Imam Mahdi (A.S) will rise He(A.S) is going to bring 25 letter of knowledge further". Currently out of 27 letter of knowlede we have only 2 letter knowledge. Rest of knowledge will be brought by Imam (A.S).  Second narration "Gabriel will announce the reappearance of Imam (A.S) and eveybooy is going to hear that announcement in their own language". Keeping in view these narrations I believe when Imam (A.S) will reappear technology is going to enhance. We are not going to move in stoneage.

Apart from that, Horse and Sword may be taken figuratively i.e horse can be ride and sword can be weapon. 

In case if theory of traditional weapon is mentioned in some narrations. Then this means to be part of Imam(A.S) army, we need to know horse riding plus we should learn sword fighting. We got nothing to do with technology and latest weapons and rides. So we should sit and wait for stone age period. For me this theory is hard to understand. Rest Allah knows the Best.

Edited by SIAR14

The prophets were provided with miracles which were outstanding and wondering at that time..

When there was highest era of medicines Prophet Isaac a.s was gifted with the miracle of giving life and eyesight...

When there was highest era of  oppression there was Prophet Ibrahim a.s with a stick..

When there was highest era of jahaliyah Prophet Mohammed s.a.w was provided with Quran..

When there was highest era of black powers there was Hazrat Suleiman a.s with the ring...

Did we notice how usual thing... A stick, A book ,A sparkling hand,some kalimah,a ring,a ship!!

We are entering the highest era of modern technology... I wonder what a horse and a sword can do!!

it could be a metaphor... and for those  saying thry have stronger weapons.. look at what people with sandals and ak's are doing to multibillion dollar saudi weaponry 

11 hours ago, Fakeha said:

The prophets were provided with miracles which were outstanding and wondering at that time..

When there was highest era of medicines Prophet Isaac a.s was gifted with the miracle of giving life and eyesight...

When there was highest era of  oppression there was Prophet Moosa a.s with a stick..

When there was highest era of jahaliyah Prophet Mohammed s.a.w was provided with Quran..

When there was highest era of black powers there was Hazrat Suleiman a.s with the ring...

Did we notice how usual thing... A stick, A book ,A sparkling hand,some kalimah,a ring,a ship!!

We are entering the highest era of modern technology... I wonder what a horse and a sword can do!!

Yarrabi

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, power said:

Supernatural powers?

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, Arminmo said:

Yes.

^^^    Now you two should know better than to either say or imagine this. Ayat 18:26 for one.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:10 PM, monad said:

I predict the future.

Majority of males will be posting here on this topic.

What?  Women cannot participate?

21 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I hope they do, then we can watch while eating popcorn. Just make sure we tell them, the end reward is shopping vouchers for life including plastic surgery.

Edited by monad

37 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Salam Everybody can participate ,the women are expertise of Imam Mahdi (aj) army but most of men are just soldiers.

position of  women in Imam Mahdi (aj)

Question 28: Role of Women in the government of Imam al-Mahdi

The following ahadith concern the role of women after the Mahdi’s (ع) revolution: Ja’far al-Ju’afi narrates from Imam Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Baqir (ع): “The Mahdi will rise up … along with 313 men and fifty women without any previous arrangement among themselves, like separate clouds clustering in the sky, one after another. This is the meaning of the verse where Allah says, ‘Wherever you may be, Allah will gather you together. Allah is capable of all things.’1 They will pledge their allegiance to the Mahdi between the Black Stone (of the Ka’bah) and the Station of Ibrahim, and the Mahdi will rise up with them from Mecca.”2

‘Abd Allah bin Bukayr narrates from Humran bin A’yan who narrates from Imam Muhammad b. ‘Ali al-Baqir (ع): “In the Age of the Mahdi, knowledge will be so pervasive that even a woman in her house will judge according to the Book of Allah and the sunnah of the Prophet.”3

The vast majority of narrations concerning the Mahdi mention theological arguments to establish his Imamate, teleological phenomena that will occur before his appearance, and the new order that will take form during his rule.

With respect to many of the details and the division of labour between men and women, the narrations are silent.

Ayatullah Khumayni said, “Islam wants men and women to attain perfection. Islam saved women from the Age of Ignorance. Islam has not served men as much as it has served women. You do not realize what woman was and what she has become.” He also said, “Not only does Shi’ism not sideline women in societal matters, it places them in their rightful position as human beings. We approve of the technological advancements of the West. 

https://www.al-islam.org/faith-and-reason-ayatullah-mahdi-hadavi-tehrani/question-28-role-women-government-imam-al-mahdi

Image result for women+imam mahdi (aj)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 2/3/2018 at 2:32 AM, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

السلام عليكم

I was against the notion that we will be going back to primitive weapons and modes of transportation when the Imam returns. I have heard this so many times.

However, today in class we were discussing philosophers and what they think will happen in the future. A point came up that there is a prediction that we will destroy this world so much that we have no choice, or perhaps we have depleted everything, but to return to using manual methods rather than the new technological stuff.

Maybe there is truth to the notion of going back to primitive modes upon the arrival because we (humans) will have caused massive destruction that technological advancement cannot be carried out.

Brother 

Swords? Lol

Atom bombs will be used to kill the enemies.

What do you think when Allah wanted to save Kaabah and ababeels came and threw clay of hard stones?

Hard stones was a name, Atom bombs were thrown on the companions of elephants.

Laanat on the enemies of Aal Muhammad(a.s).

I don't know if they are authentic hadiths but some narrations (sunni ones I think) encourage muslims to practice horse and camel riding, bow shooting, javelin throwing, swimming, running and walking. 

When you think about it, if there is a nuclear war or a big worldwide natural disaster, there will no more factories to produce the ammunition needed for modern firearms. Nowadays, you need the right ammunition (comprising the bullet, the powder and the little explosive) to use a firearm and that ammunition has to be produced in a factory, you cannot make it yourself as far as I know. We will eventually run out of ammunition and then less sophisticated weapons will be used.

8 hours ago, Karbalai110 said:

Brother 

Swords? Lol

Atom bombs will be used to kill the enemies.

What do you think when Allah wanted to save Kaabah and ababeels came and threw clay of hard stones?

Hard stones was a name, Atom bombs were thrown on the companions of elephants.

Laanat on the enemies of Aal Muhammad(a.s).

I don’t think you know how much land the atomic bomb destroys...