Guest One

[Resolved]Forums mail subscription

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum. 

Where is the mail subscription to forums and subforums link? i can't find it. I want to receive all the new topics via email with a daily digest InshAllah. 

13 hours ago, Guest One said:

This is strange...  i receive every day a digest about new topics. I wanna add some other subforum but since some month i can't. 

I looked around but could not find that option. Maybe it's because we changed the forums to fluid view format and it doesn't give us that option anymore.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:15 AM, Guest One said:

Salam alaykum. 

Where is the mail subscription to forums and subforums link? i can't find it. I want to receive all the new topics via email with a daily digest InshAllah. 

Salam. It seems that the option to follow each forum was removed with the new fluid view. However, people who were already following some forums will still get their notifications.

5 hours ago, Guest One said:

So there isn't something to see just new threads? 

If you only want to see new threads, before you leave ShiaChat, click on the words "Mark site read" at the top of the homepage and the next time you come you will only see new threads. See the green outlined words in the image here:

5a77b9976d606_Marksiteread.jpg.7e198b4407fce7f1741433764b4a7cf5.jpg

The next time you come to ShiaChat all the topics that are new for you will have a black dot or black circle in front of them. See the black dots highlighted in red in this image:

5a77b8cb43fa5_dotblackcircle.jpg.11c2d97c9051ca895033104dee323984.jpg

On 2/1/2018 at 2:15 AM, Guest One said:

Salam. ShiaChat used to have that option to follow different forums or all forums. There is an old post to explain it here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235040340-tracking-threads-we-want-to-read/?do=findComment&comment=2933337

When a website is upgraded some options usually change. Perhaps discussion boards do not want you to receive all new topics inside your email inbox. :P We want you to come back and see the new topics for yourself, and click on the ones you want to follow. If you "Mark site read" each time you leave, you will see the new topics when you return by the black circle in front of the topic, seen in the image in the post above mine.

For members who don't want their email inbox full of notifications, they can follow topics but mark it "Do not send me any notifications" then when you return you can see the new topics on the homepage. Or you can go to your Managed Followed Content and look for topics in your own list of followed topics or forums. 

If you followed a topic or a forum in the past and are receiving notifications that you don't want, find the notification for that topic or that forum in your Managed Followed Content and click on the Change Preference box then click on Unfollow.