TheBalkanicShiite

Something i noticed as a Revert

Rate this topic

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Ya Ali(AS)  Madad 

As a Revert to the school of AhlulBayt(AS) i noticed something interesting about other fellow reverts to Islam . I think it depends of  the person but a lot of reverts to Ahlus sunnah or to wahabism tend to start very strongly and practice more than any muslim in the community . She will be the one who will do the nawafil prayers , do recommended fasts , debate and defend his religion with a burning passion . But just like a candle that person burns and extinguish himself very fast and tend to either abandon Islam altogether or become a cultural muslim . Again i know it does not apply to every revert in ahlus sunnah it is just a personnal observation

On the other side ,reverts to Ahlul-Bayt(AS) start slowly because some have a hard time to adjust to all rituals and regulations of the religion plus dealing with the cultural side of some Shia communities but SubhanAllah the love of Ahlul-Bayt(AS) in the end, submerges them  and they become the biggest lovers of Muhammad(SAWA) wa Ale Muhammad(AS) .

It was the case for me ,i directly reverted to Shiism and Wallah al Adheem i tried to pray with Ahlus sunnah and to practice sunnism but the love of Ali(AS) was stronger .

There is a good book called The Shia revival by Vali Nasr which says that Sunnism is built on rules and regulations But Shiism is built on love , piety and devotion and then on the rules and i think it pretty much sums up my point .

Did other fellow reverts notice this ?

I am not a revert! This is usually the main topic for reverts! Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى made religion easy for us, that means, take it slowly, don't rush things, concentrate. 

Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى sent down aya by aya to teach the sahaba slowly so they could understand, subhanallah!

Al-hamdiruiallah I am shia.