Jump to content

Super Bowl 2018 Winner  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win Super Bowl 2018?

    • New England Patriots
    • Philadelphia Eagles

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/04/2018 at 08:00 PM

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Halal Food Guru said:

lol. this thread deviated fast. Im more interested in what's being served at the superbowl parties. Wings and burgers are a top choice in my playbook.

For the past 10 years, I have about 30-40 ppl over to watch the SuperBowl.

Menu changes every year except for Frito Pie which is a must have. One year I thought about not having it and my friends almost revolted.

This year's menu is:

Snacks:

Pita chips w hummus

Nachos w/ cheese and salsa (must have)

Flaming hot Lay's chips

Cookies

Dinner:

Frito Pie

Chicken sliders (first time)

Biryani

Dessert:

Ice Cream

Flan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

For the past 10 years, I have about 30-40 ppl over to watch the SuperBowl.

That sounds like something out of my worst nightmare! And you enjoyed it enough to repeat it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Give us your recipe, please! 

Frito Pie:

Ground beef cooked in marinaira sauce or even salsa.

Lay the ground beef out in a deep platter. I have started mixing shredded cheese in with the ground beef to keep it together.
Layered with jalapenos (mixed into the ground beef), frito chips, salsa and shredded cheese.
Baked in oven for 10 minutes.

frito pie.jpg

The above is from my post in 2016. Will post this year's pic on Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Frito Pie:

Ground beef cooked in marinaira sauce or even salsa.

Lay the ground beef out in a deep platter. I have started mixing shredded cheese in with the ground beef to keep it together.
Layered with jalapenos (mixed into the ground beef), frito chips, salsa and shredded cheese.
Baked in oven for 10 minutes.

frito pie.jpg

The above is from my post in 2016. Will post this year's pic on Monday.

One thing to note, we cook the ground beef with normal spices. Then add salsa or marinara sauce and cook for another 10-15 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts:

1) Super Bowl is stupid this year and most years

2) Philly and Boston can both suck a lemon

3) I hope they both lose

4) But Boston is worse

5) So... go Eagles?

6) I wish the Jags had done their frickin job and won so we'd actually have a decent team to support

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

6) I wish the Jags had done their frickin job and won so we'd actually have a decent team to support

With a minute to go in the 2nd Qtr and 2 timeouts remaining, the Jags take 2 knees - that is loser mentality and deserves to lose.

10 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Pats will, I think the NFL is rigged.  I really hate American football, why people watch it is beyond me.

Oh brother...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×