Lebanese36

Hormones injections in cows

Rate this topic

Asalamu Alaikum all,

I hope you guys are well. I asked something like this before and even emailed Sayed Ali Khamenei's office and I'm waiting for a reply but I'm still confused but: Are we allowed to drink milk that has rbgh or rbst? These are hormones that are injected into cows that allow them to produce more milk than usual. The only thing is when the cows produce milk, some of what they were injected with do end up in the milk in some way even if it's a small percent. I've been trying not to eat dairy but I don't think that's logical but are we allowed to drink milk that was produced from those hormones? Are they halal? Or can we eat cookies or anything else that has milk. Please let me know.

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless you all. 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:50 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam

Wasalam

I think there is a difference between enzymes and hormones as the enzymes are already coming from the animal and being used in products and I can see why there is a debate on halal and haram. But the hormones are something that are synthetic and are injected in the cow to allow them to produce more milk and some of that may end up in the milk even if it's a small percentage. I was just wondering if that milk is still permissible. 

Hormones injected into lactating cows, if they are steroidal hormone, do not disappear due to pasteurization of the milk, resulting in the consumption of milk by the consumer of this hormone into the milk of the consumer.

It depends on type of hormone 

https://article.tebyan.net/197388/ناگفته-های-شیر-و-گوشت-های-هورمونی

I got this reply for Sayed Ali Khamenei's office. So I'm guessing it's okay? Unless it isn't because I didn't say that sometimes the hormones don't end up going away in the milk.

IMG_6361.JPG

Edited by Lebanese36