Salsabeel

Claiming to be a Shia

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

Before asking the question I would like to highlight its back ground..... 

We are Shia Alhamdolillah! We have accepted the Wilayah of Ahlul Bayt (asws)! And we often say/declare it from our tongues. While reciting the very first few verses of Chapter 29 (Al-Ankaboot), a question popped up in my mind. Lets see the verses first:

أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوا أَن يَقُولُوا آمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried? 
وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ
And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

(29:2-3)

So being Shia, what is our test? How we will be tried on that we are true in our claim that we love & follow the Ahlul Bayt (asws)? 

4 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

So being Shia, what is our test? How we will be tried on that we are true in our claim that we love & follow the Ahlul Bayt (asws)? 

Salam the test is that we represent Ahlulbayt (as) way & manner in our life that other people around us when want to mention a real Muslim they remember & mention us as a role model .:pushup::pushup2:

8 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:bismillah:

Before asking the question I would like to highlight its back ground..... 

We are Shia Alhamdolillah! We have accepted the Wilayah of Ahlul Bayt (asws)! And we often say/declare it from our tongues. While reciting the very first few verses of Chapter 29 (Al-Ankaboot), a question popped up in my mind. Lets see the verses first:

أَحَسِبَ النَّاسُ أَن يُتْرَكُوا أَن يَقُولُوا آمَنَّا وَهُمْ لَا يُفْتَنُونَ
Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried? 
وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ فَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ صَدَقُوا وَلَيَعْلَمَنَّ الْكَاذِبِينَ
And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

(29:2-3)

The answer comes from the following verses of quran:

أَمْ حَسِبْتُمْ أَن تُتْرَكُوا۟ وَلَمَّا يَعْلَمِ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ جَٰهَدُوا۟ مِنكُمْ وَلَمْ يَتَّخِذُوا۟ مِن دُونِ ٱللَّهِ وَلَا رَسُولِهِۦ وَلَا ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَلِيجَةًۭ ۚ وَٱللَّهُ خَبِيرٌۢ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ {١٦}

009:016 Do you suppose that you will be let off while Allah has not yet ascertained those of you who wage jihad and those who do not take anyone as [their] confidant besides Allah and His Messenger and the faithful? Allah is well aware of what you do.

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ ٱللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُۥ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ ٱلَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ ٱلزَّكَوٰةَ وَهُمْ رَٰكِعُونَ {٥٥} وَمَن يَتَوَلَّ ٱللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُۥ وَٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ ٱللَّهِ هُمُ ٱلْغَٰلِبُونَ {٥٦}

005:055 Your guardian is only Allah, His Messenger, and the faithful who maintain the prayer and give the zakat while bowing down.
005:056 Whoever takes for his guardians Allah, His Messenger and the faithful [should know that] the confederates of Allah are indeed the victorious.

2 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

We preach the knowledge of true Islam and AhlulBayt (as) ,and teach others, that's what makes us real Shias

Salam in my opinion for new converts/reverts that can call them real Shias but people’s like me that are born as shia Muslim have more duty to be a real shia Muslim.

Salamun Alaikum Brothers & Sisters, 

Thank you for your valued responses. I would like to include a verse which can be viewed as answer to the question I have asked: 

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرَسُولِهِ ثُمَّ لَمْ يَرْتَابُوا وَجَاهَدُوا بِأَمْوَالِهِمْ وَأَنفُسِهِمْ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ أُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الصَّادِقُونَ

The believers are only those who (1) believe in Allah & His Apostle then (2) they doubt not and (3) struggle hard with their wealth and their lives in the way of Allah; they are the truthful ones. (49:15) 

You may think that there is no mention of Ahlul Bayt (asws), so why & how I can consider this verse as the answer? The obediance (ata'at) of Ahlul Bayt is mentioned in 4:59 and you can see in the verse, there are just two "obey" mentioned i.e., "Obey Allah and Obey the Apostle and those in authority". So obeying "Ulil Amr" means obeying the Prophet as the verse has used single command of "Obey" for Prophet & Ulil Amr (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon them). 

The verse 49:15 mentioning 3 main points, 
1. Believe in Allah & His Apostle 
2. Doubt not
3. Strive Hard in the way of Allah with our wealth & our lives.

Those who are practicing that, are the ones who are true in their claims (i.e., they are believers, or they are followers of the Ahlul Bayt who actually are the Ulil Amr)   

19 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam in my opinion for new converts/reverts that can call them real Shias but people’s like me that are born as shia Muslim have more duty to be a real shia Muslim.

yeah...don't be like a big man with a big stick, driving out people from the circle of islam.

i think the jews were tested by a river, among other things.

[Shakir 2:249] So when Talut departed with the forces, he said: Surely Allah will try you with a river; whoever then drinks from it, he is not of me, and whoever does not taste of it, he is surely of me, except he who takes with his hand as much of it as fills the hand; but with the exception of a few of them they drank from it. So when he had crossed it, he and those who believed with him, they said: We have today no power against Jalut and his forces. Those who were sure that they would meet their Lord said: How often has a small party vanquished a numerous host by Allah's permission, and Allah is with the patient.

likewise, among other things, muslims are being tested with

[Shakir 42:23] That is of which Allah gives the good news to His servants, (to) those who believe and do good deeds. Say: I do not ask of you any reward for it but love for my near relatives; and whoever earns good, We give him more of good therein; surely Allah is Forgiving, Grateful.

for shias during imam hussin's (as) time, it was Karbala, IMO.

i guess this holds true for today's shias: "Become an ornament for us, do not be a disgrace for us." ~ Imam al-Sadiq (a)

Edited by justAnothermuslim