Jump to content
  • 0
Guest Guest

Non muslim hostel

Rate this question

Question

Guest Guest

I am living in india..I hav joined hostel run by non muslims..I have many doubts and face many problems as i hav never living among non muslim community before..1)They change the bed sheet daily and clean the room..should i allow it..?? 2) can i use the common washing machine or will my clothes will become najis as hindus also use the same 3) can i give my clothes to laundry ?? 4) can i give my clothes for dry wash  5 ) i recently gave some clothes to laundry and then when they gave me back i kept them under tap water to make them taahir..Can i do the same as i dont want to wash my clothes ?? 6 ) after giving my clothes to laundry and for dry wash if i put them under sun will they become taahir ?? 7) sun makes all things pure so if i allow non muslims to wash bed sheet and cook food  and then keep under sun.is it ok ?? Will sunlight make food snd sheet pure ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

As per the fatwa of all grand jurists, all non-believers including Hindus are ritually impure. Supreme Leader, grand Ayatollah Khamenei and a few other prominent jurists are of the view that non-Muslims excluding the People of the Book (Christian, Jews, etc.) are impure. Likewise, the animals (sheep, cows, chickens, camels etc.) slaughtered by non-Muslims are impure and haram to eat. Therefore the foodstuffs which are prepared with the meat of an animal which has been slaughtered by them are impure. The position is the same with the food which has been prepared manually and which has certainly come into contact with the moisture of their body. As for the food which does not contain meat or contains meat of halal fish, it is permissible to eat provided that it is prepared either with machine or it has not come into contact with their hands and moisture of their body.

 

According to the verdicts of Shia jurists, it is not permissible to eat from marine animals anything except fish that has scale. Also, sausage and soya are halal, if they do not contain intoxicating and impure ingredients or haram meat. That is only when they have not come into contact with the body of an unbeliever (kafir) or with the moisture from his body.

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa9776

Issue 58 In the West, there are public laundry facilities where Muslims and non-Muslims are equally unleashed in their clean and dirty clothes and are washed. Are we able to attach to a paste in which washing was connected to Kurr Water at the washing stages Or are they clean and , even though the clothes are pure ?!
Answer: You can  pray with a garment that has already been clean and you can not be sure of it is pure.  also garments who are sure that they are pure because they are intact if the absolute clean water has penetrated all its parts twice. Wash even with water, due to the precautionary requirement, if it is contaminated with water and once in the event of contamination with the non-bubble. However, if it is washed with whitish water, it should be removed from it. But if, dress and garment  in that general laundry, was already unclean, and then, in the purity of it, we suspect that the garment is unclean, and prayer is not permitted.
Issue 59: Clean clothes, which are washed with some liquid detergents, and this kind of laundry is non-Muslim, should the Muslims recycle it?
Answer: If he does not know that the clothes are infected by the visit, they are condemned to purity and clean.
Issue 60 is written on some soaps, in which no pig or animal fats have been used, and we do not know if that fat has become distorted to another object. Is such a soap clean?
Answer: If we know that soap has been used to make pork or fat, or a carcass and non-male animal, such soap is unclean unless its transformation is definite and definite, and the transformation of fat and fat in such soap is not known. .
Issue 61: Buying and selling or using a toothbrush that has been used as a pig bristle?
Answer: Buying and selling and even using it is permissible, but the mouth becomes contaminated and impure, and the mouth is removed by removing and removing the debris from it.

 

https://www.sistani.org/persian/book/53/227/

It is common practice in dry-cleaning that chemicals are used instead of water. Najis clothing should be washed with water and can not be cleaned with chemicals.

http://hadana.ir/دادن-لباس-به-خشكشويي-غير-مسلمان-ها/

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Kurr_Water

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Issue 155 Every Muslim can eat the food that the unbeliever has provided, while he does not know that he has been touched in wet hands, and provided that the food does not contain haram items such as wine, and meat and meat is a special decree that will then be given. Came.

In summary, different kinds of foods other than meat and their derivatives are pure and lawful for Muslims, and he can eat them from them, although they may think that there is a haram in their content, or he believes that the constructor of that hand It's wet to it. (1)

https://www.sistani.org/persian/book/53/232/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am living in india..I hav joined hostel run by non muslims..I have many doubts and face many problems as i hav never living among non muslim community before..1)They change the bed sheet daily and clean the room..should i allow it..?? 2) can i use the common washing machine or will my clothes will become najis as hindus also use the same 3) can i give my clothes to laundry ?? 4) can i give my clothes for dry wash  5 ) i recently gave some clothes to laundry and then when they gave me back i kept them under tap water to make them taahir..Can i do the same as i dont want to wash my clothes ?? 6 ) after giving my clothes to laundry and for dry wash if i put them under sun will they become taahir ?? 7) sun makes all things pure so if i allow non muslims to wash bed sheet and cook food  and then keep under sun.is it ok ?? Will sunlight make food snd sheet pure ??

Salaam Alaykum brother

These are questions that you need to ask your Marji. Call his office and ask him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest Guest
30 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum brother

These are questions that you need to ask your Marji. Call his office and ask him.

They dont write clear straight forward answer....can u please bring answer of  imam khamenei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

They dont write clear straight forward answer....can u please bring answer of  imam khamenei

Ok, I'll do it, but I'm not sure when they respond me back. I ask my friend in Iran to call Ayatollah Khamenei's office, then I come here again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Guest Guest
7 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Ok, I'll do it, but I'm not sure when they respond me back. I ask my friend in Iran to call Ayatollah Khamenei's office, then I come here again.

Ur kindness..thankyou so much..will be waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

So my friend gave the answers from Ayatollah Khamenei office in Iran:

1. You need to be %100 that the person who washed your bed sheet was hindu(nonmuslim), didn't wear gloves while washing it, and touched it with wet hand. If you are not %100 sure about that, then it's ok to give your bed sheet to them.

2. Washing machine, you need to know how washing machine works. Ask them like if it has connection to Kor water, or washes three times. If it makes cloth Tahir, it doesn't matter if your cloth have contact with nonmuslims clothes or not. (What I do, I put them in washing machine three times)

3. Being Tahir is only important when you pray or eat food. You can live in Najis environment, and it's ok. When you want to pray, wear a Tahir cloth and pray on a Tahir prayer mat. 

4. Sunlight will not make food and cloth Tahir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I hope it works brother. About food I think it's ok because you are not %100 sure whether that nonmuslim wore gloves or not. If you don't know, it fine.

I read this law in Sistani website(it's for all Maraji):

1. Whatever you are not sure is Najis or not, it's Tahir unless the opposite is proved.

2. If something was Tahir before, and you don't know whether it's Najis or not, it is still Tahir.

3. If something was Najis before, and you don't know whether it's Tahir now or not, it's still Najis.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Salamun Alykum brother. i'm also from India and I had the very same problem.

My college is residential with only 1 mess and we are not allowed to cook ourselves. 

Before coming to this college I was not too much religious and I din't knew about the proper rules of Taharat. But soon when I studied my religion properly and accepted it as my life model I start investigating about these food and other stuffs. At that time I was in my 2d year of 4 year course.

I became aware that the food that is being cooked is najis. I talked to my parents and tried to convince them to unenroll me from the university and I would join a new one where I can cook on my own but all my efforts went in vain due to Financial Issues and other bank related traps.

So I had to accept this fate and I'm still continuing. It is my last year InshaAllah. I pray but I will pray Qadha of these 4 years again.

I talked to Ayatullah Mikarim Shirazi's (though he is not my Maraje) representative, he told me if you are under compulsion and you've no way out to leave your university then its allowed for you to eat what they cook. I don't eat meat cooked by them.

 

I would strictly suggest you to just leave the college and join any other college where you are not forced to live in a hostel. Or join Aligarh Muslim University by giving their entrance exam.

For more info : You can inbox me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
17 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alykum brother. i'm also from India and I had the very same problem.

My college is residential with only 1 mess and we are not allowed to cook ourselves. 

Before coming to this college I was not too much religious and I din't knew about the proper rules of Taharat. But soon when I studied my religion properly and accepted it as my life model I start investigating about these food and other stuffs. At that time I was in my 2d year of 4 year course.

I became aware that the food that is being cooked is najis. I talked to my parents and tried to convince them to unenroll me from the university and I would join a new one where I can cook on my own but all my efforts went in vain due to Financial Issues and other bank related traps.

So I had to accept this fate and I'm still continuing. It is my last year InshaAllah. I pray but I will pray Qadha of these 4 years again.

I talked to Ayatullah Mikarim Shirazi's (though he is not my Maraje) representative, he told me if you are under compulsion and you've no way out to leave your university then its allowed for you to eat what they cook. I don't eat meat cooked by them.

 

I would strictly suggest you to just leave the college and join any other college where you are not forced to live in a hostel. Or join Aligarh Muslim University by giving their entrance exam.

For more info : You can inbox me.

Salaam Brother, I heard that there is some maraje that consider all humans pak (I heard maybe Ayatollah Saanei, but you should verify...). I don't know under what circumstances one is allowed to change his taqlid but maybe you should research or ask an alim, and if you are allowed to change your taqlid, you should just change it following the proper Islamic rules on taqlid...

I assume you would be praying in your own  room so I don't see why you can't fulfill the pre-requisites for prayer. I don't see what prevents your body and clothes from being pak, you should look more into the najasat rules...What does food have to do with namaz? But anyway, I think you should discuss with a trustworthy alim or alims about your situation, hopefully you'll find some info to better your situation...

This may help: https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/taharat-najasat-ritual-purity-impurity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Brothers, from humanity perspective don't you think it is bad to treat non muslim's as no less than untouchables (calling us and things we do IMPURE)?

I understand the Halal meat concept - so even if I cook Halal meat, [In general after we get meat home, I wash it with turmeric(a natural antiseptic), before cooking] and serve to our muslim friends , as Im a Hindu , it would be Najis from the above discussion - correct . This means I shall stop inviting muslim friends for their own good.

I bet expect in 5 star hotels or upmarket eateries, people don't wear gloves while cooking/serving .

A question to the forum - Just for my individual learning ?

Can a Hindu donate his blood for any emergency/ complicated surgery where a Muslim man or woman is involved and what happens if 3-4 units are donated by hindu's. Will the inner body of that muslim person become impure as it not from people of the book ?? 

As I've done without much knowledge to a old muslim woman who was supposed to undergo a bypass surgery and there was shortage of people willing to donate on that particular day. - In future , i'll shall understand the consequences faced by a muslim person and decide if i'll have to do or not ?

There cant be 2 ways. We are just human beings like you are . You pray to Allah, We pray to Allah too(but with different names :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Vikram said:

Can a Hindu donate his blood for any emergency/ complicated surgery where a Muslim man or woman is involved and what happens if 3-4 units are donated by hindu's. Will the inner body of that muslim person become impure as it not from people of the book ?? 

As I've done without much knowledge to a old muslim woman who was supposed to undergo a bypass surgery and there was shortage of people willing to donate on that particular day. - In future , i'll shall understand the consequences faced by a muslim person and decide if i'll have to do or not

Hi there is no problem about donation of blood 

der by  ---  creation date  Alphabetical list 
  Treatise on medical prescriptions
 
 
 
 
 
Question 346: What is the decree of donating and transferring blood from non-Muslim to Muslim, and from man to woman? 

Answer: There is no problem unless the fear of 
  passing the disease goes 
away.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Vikram said:

Brothers, from humanity perspective don't you think it is bad to treat non muslim's as no less than untouchables (calling us and things we do IMPURE)?

I understand the Halal meat concept - so even if I cook Halal meat, [In general after we get meat home, I wash it with turmeric(a natural antiseptic), before cooking] and serve to our muslim friends , as Im a Hindu , it would be Najis from the above discussion - correct . This means I shall stop inviting muslim friends for their own good.

Hi Vikram,

Please don't misunderstand us. You are our brother in humanity :)

We all follow certain religion and are bound by it's laws and regulations. What you are talking about is hygiene, Najasat (or impurity, as you say) is different. You are clean and tidy but you are not Pak (opposite of najis) since you associate with Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. This Najasat would not transfer unless you or the thing in contact is wet. There's absolutely no problem if the food item you got is dry (for eg, dry fruits, biscuits, etc.).

To be fair, I have seen many Hindus not eating of Muslims too.

As for inviting Muslims, know that not all Muslims follows this thing. You can simply ask them for lunch and if they refuse don't force. Simple.

1 hour ago, Vikram said:

I bet expect in 5 star hotels or upmarket eateries, people don't wear gloves while cooking/serving .

We are allowed unless it is sure who cooked. No issue in serving if he/she doesn't touch the food.

1 hour ago, Vikram said:

Can a Hindu donate his blood for any emergency/ complicated surgery where a Muslim man or woman is involved and what happens if 3-4 units are donated by hindu's. Will the inner body of that muslim person become impure as it not from people of the book ?? 

As I've done without much knowledge to a old muslim woman who was supposed to undergo a bypass surgery and there was shortage of people willing to donate on that particular day. - In future , i'll shall understand the consequences faced by a muslim person and decide if i'll have to do or not ?

Our top religious figure say something like this:

Question: Is transfusion of Hindu's blood to our body permissible?
Answer: There is no Ishkaal (objection) in it.
 
 
1 hour ago, Vikram said:

There cant be 2 ways. We are just human beings like you are .

Why not? As I said before, you are a human like us but please excuse us for a particular thing due to religious obligation.

Hope you understand brother :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/11/2018 at 6:48 AM, 068722073 said:

Salaam Brother, I heard that there is some maraje that consider all humans pak (I heard maybe Ayatollah Saanei, but you should verify...). I don't know under what circumstances one is allowed to change his taqlid but maybe you should research or ask an alim, and if you are allowed to change your taqlid, you should just change it following the proper Islamic rules on taqlid...

I assume you would be praying in your own  room so I don't see why you can't fulfill the pre-requisites for prayer. I don't see what prevents your body and clothes from being pak, you should look more into the najasat rules...What does food have to do with namaz? But anyway, I think you should discuss with a trustworthy alim or alims about your situation, hopefully you'll find some info to better your situation...

This may help: https://www.al-islam.org/a-code-of-practice-for-muslims-in-the-west-ayatullah-sistani/taharat-najasat-ritual-purity-impurity

If a Non Muslim who is not Ahle Kitaab touches the food with wet hand then that food becomes najis.

I know that my mess people touch the food with wet hand while cooking it. So the food becomes najis. According to the fatwa of my own maraje and majority of maraje.

The rule of changing taqlid is simple : You have to be the muqaliid of such Alim whom you consider as Aalam and majority considers as Aalam.

I consider Ayatullah Sistani (h.a) as Aalam and am happy that I have such a great Aalim in whose taqleed I am.

But I can't help it. My situation is really troublesome. I have to deal with it. InshaAllah I will pray all my prayers again so no excuse remains in front of Allah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Vikram said:

Brothers, from humanity perspective don't you think it is bad to treat non muslim's as no less than untouchables (calling us and things we do IMPURE)?

I understand the Halal meat concept - so even if I cook Halal meat, [In general after we get meat home, I wash it with turmeric(a natural antiseptic), before cooking] and serve to our muslim friends , as Im a Hindu , it would be Najis from the above discussion - correct . This means I shall stop inviting muslim friends for their own good.

I bet expect in 5 star hotels or upmarket eateries, people don't wear gloves while cooking/serving .

A question to the forum - Just for my individual learning ?

Can a Hindu donate his blood for any emergency/ complicated surgery where a Muslim man or woman is involved and what happens if 3-4 units are donated by hindu's. Will the inner body of that muslim person become impure as it not from people of the book ?? 

As I've done without much knowledge to a old muslim woman who was supposed to undergo a bypass surgery and there was shortage of people willing to donate on that particular day. - In future , i'll shall understand the consequences faced by a muslim person and decide if i'll have to do or not ?

There cant be 2 ways. We are just human beings like you are . You pray to Allah, We pray to Allah too(but with different names :)

 

 

 

Impurity comes from your acceptance of "Demi Gods" and rejecting the Only One God which needs to be worshipped. Impurity comes because there is no system of "Ghusl" in ypur religion after you people have semen discharge. 

 

So all this accounts to soulful and physical impurity. Wrong is wrong brother. And we do consider everyone as human and a servant of God. The difference is Guidance and Misguidance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In Hinduism ...You cannot find  a word or sentence lowering people following other religion or the religion itself...

Thats the beauty .... Follow the path you trust in and you shall reach Almighty.... 

A religion with perfect humanity with universal tolerance ..... 

Now to lower it .... people find ways by saying ..... Idol worship ... Multiple Gods.... And cow worshipers etc.... 

Kind request , i have read Quran and I have started reading Hinduism later... There is so much difference in terms of fear of god , hatred of  people belonging to other religion, typecasting actions done by men , rules to adhere and whole lot.... 

To all my dear muslim brothers and sisters, when you get a chance, read about BhagvadGita once, just like a story book or Novel... When u travel or before you go to bed ...For few mins a day...only then you can understand what am trying to say.....

I'll take a leave from this group.... 

Admin please close my account..

I don't want to say wrong stuff to hurt thousands of my brothers and sisters in this group... Allah bless you all....

Thanks for all your time and love... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, Vikram said:

'll take a leave from this group.... 

Admin please close my account..

I don't want to say wrong stuff to hurt thousands of my brothers and sisters in this group... Allah bless you all....

Thanks for all your time and love... 

 

Hi don't be upset :accident:every religion has its rules & you are our brother in humanity ,it's not a hard talk that we bother from it  .if you read Wahabi comments on every social media they consider us lower than Hindus & untouchables ,I hope that you stay in group for more understanding of each other. :grin::respect:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Vikram said:

In Hinduism ...You cannot find  a word or sentence lowering people following other religion or the religion itself...

Thats the beauty .... Follow the path you trust in and you shall reach Almighty.... 

A religion with perfect humanity with universal tolerance ..... 

Now to lower it .... people find ways by saying ..... Idol worship ... Multiple Gods.... And cow worshipers etc.... 

Kind request , i have read Quran and I have started reading Hinduism later... There is so much difference in terms of fear of god , hatred of  people belonging to other religion, typecasting actions done by men , rules to adhere and whole lot.... 

To all my dear muslim brothers and sisters, when you get a chance, read about BhagvadGita once, just like a story book or Novel... When u travel or before you go to bed ...For few mins a day...only then you can understand what am trying to say.....

I'll take a leave from this group.... 

Admin please close my account..

I don't want to say wrong stuff to hurt thousands of my brothers and sisters in this group... Allah bless you all....

Thanks for all your time and love... 

 

If you are there and reading it.

 

You might read Quran and take its meaning in the literal sense. But it will only cause more misguidance. You have to first understand the Pure concept of Oneness of God and then the Islamic Philosophy. You have to read about Prophet's life more deeply and have to avoid the Islamophobic propaganda.

You have to read various exegesis to understand the book of God.

Its not easy.

Then only you can understand that what you see as 'Extreme and Conservatism' will look more like a reality.

Indeed it is the reality.

Give more time in reading about a religion (at least a year or two) before judging the book by its cover. (Reading Quran in literal sense).

Remember Quran was revealed in Arab in Arabic. English translation won't suffice your quest of knowledge.

Either read an exegesis or learn Arabic and then read Quran.

Hope you stay here and try to learn more about Islam and not settle for less just because you find one rule as abnormal although when you dig deeper in Islamic Theology and Philosophy you'll get to know how much this makes sense.

 

By the way we Muslims never degrade other religion. We respect them and pray for their guidance. And we do believe that if they are good in this life and din't knew about truth due to some reasons , they'll be guided to heaven in the next life.

 

 

You should talk to this guy (Manoj) who was a Hindu and is now a Shia Muslim. Ask him all your queries as he knows all of Shree BhagvadGita and will help you understand Islam better as you both have same origin.

 

https://www.quora.com/profile/Manoj-Garg-148

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×