Fainy

Need to Know about my istekhara?

Rate this question

Question

I want to know about Sureh e Yousuf ayat no 48. i do istekhara form Quran and that surah yousuf verse no 48 arrives in my Istekhera. Kindly let me know anybody about it. what does it means?

3 answers to this question

Surah Yusuf – Verses 48 - 49

ثُمَّ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِ ذَلِكَ سَبْعٌ شِدَادٌ يَأْكُلْنَ مَا قَدَّمْتُمْ لَهُنَّ إِلاَّ قَلِيلاً مِمَّا تُحْصِنُونَ

ثُمَّ يَأْتِي مِن بَعْدِ ذَلِكَ عَامٌ فِيهِ يُغَاثُ النَّاسُ وَفِيهِ يَعْصِرُونَ

48. “Then after that seven years of hardship will come that (people) will consume what you have before hand laid up for them, except a little of what you will have preserved.”
49. “Then there will come after that a year in which the people will have rain, and in it they will press (wine and oil).”

The Arabic phrase /yuqa-un-nas/ is either derived from /qau/ ‘to help’ in which case the verse could mean that Allah would help the people and the difficulties which they had over the past fourteen years will be over; or it could be derived from /qay/ which means to rain and thus the period of hardship would be brought to an end.4

Yusuf had indicated that the seven lean cows and the seven fat cows, the seven green ears and seven withered ears symbolized fourteen years of prosperity and famine.

The verse says:

“Then after that seven years of hardship will come that (people) will consume what you have before hand laid up for them, except a little of what you will have preserved.”

He also predicted that the fifteenth year would be a year of abundant rain and affluence.

The verse says:

“Then there will come after that a year in which the people will have rain, and in it they will press (wine and oil).”

However, this was not simply dreamt by the king, this indicates that Yusuf included more news from the invisible in order to pave the way for the acceptance of his prophethood.

The interpretation which Yusuf had put forth for the dream was very precise and exact. Indeed, it indicates that he was no ordinary dream interpreter; in fact he was a leader inside a prison who was able to forge a countrywide program for the entire kingdom for the next fifteen years.

The interpretation and the plans proposed created the bases both for relieving the people of Egypt from the devastation of the famine and Yusuf’s freedom from the confinement of prison. In the end, it resulted in changing a government of despots.

The conditions for an efficient administrative system in any given society are:

1-People’s confidence,

2-Sincerity,

3-Wisdom and knowledge,

4-Correct prediction and forecasting, and

5-People’s obedience.

Thus, the people of Egypt were saved from their plight because they obeyed Yusuf.

https://www.al-islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-quran-vol-7/section-6-kings-dream-yusufs-interpretation#surah-yusuf-verses-48-49

• 1. Tafsir Al-Mizan, and Nur-uth-Thaqalayn
  • 2. Tafsir-ul-Kabir, and Al-Mizan
  • 3. Tafsir Atyab ul-Bayan and Tefsir ul-Kabir.
  • 4. Tafsir Al-Mizan.
Edited by Ashvazdanghe

On 1/25/2018 at 4:26 PM, Fainy said:

I want to know about Sureh e Yousuf ayat no 48. i do istekhara form Quran and that surah yousuf verse no 48 arrives in my Istekhera. Kindly let me know anybody about it. what does it means?

Salaam,

The estikhara you have done, ended up on page 245 of the Holy Qur'an, for estikhara you look at the first two verses and not the 3rd or 4th, so it would be instead Ayah 44 & Ayah 45 of Surah Yusuf.

Answer:

The estikhara is good, have patience and tawakul (faith and reliance) in Allah s.w.t and inshAllah you will see the results you seek.

It is important to note, that whatever the result of the estikhara is, what is in your best interest in the sight of Allah s.w.t will take place, and not necessarily that which you want, estikhara is 'talab al khair', which means 'asking for that which is good for oneself' and that may differ than what we may view as good for us.

I pray for your success inshAllah by the rights of Prophet Muhammad and his holy and purified Progeny.
And All praise belongs to God, the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing, Lord of the heavens and the earth.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.