Shah Khan

Your Most Favourite Muslim Revolutionist :D

Rate this topic

السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

My Shiite Brothers & Sisters in Islam, Hope you all are doing Great :grin: by The Grace of Allah.

I just want to ask you all that who is your most favourite Muslim Revolutionist Personality in Islamic History (Do not include Prophets or Imams Peace Be Upon Them) who bashed non Islamic Powers. For Example Ayatullah Khomeini (And Yeah, do not include him as well :D).

This question is for both Sunnis and Shias.

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا

A good Islamic revolutionary is one who is willing to fight both Non-Islamic and Islamic powers for the sake of defending the true principles of Islam and it's followers.

Modern Favourite Revolutionary - Nasrallah

Ancient Favourite Revolutionary - Mukhtar al-Thaqafi

Edited by Wholehearted Shi'a

Assalamu alaykum,

I presume that you'd agree if I include intellectual leaders who have made a revolutionary impact with their thoughts. In that case, I would give two names that are my favorites- Ayatullah Murtada Mutahhari, the martyr, and another outstanding personality,the martyr Ayatullah Muhammad Baqir as-Sadr (may Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless both their souls). It was the phase of the early and mid-20th century when modernist and materialist ideologies were posing a serious challenge to Islam, and the Muslim world was either succumbing to the charms of modernist liberalism (the whole lot of Muslim 'reformists' such as Jamal-ud-Din Afghani, Syed Ahmed Khan, Muhammad Iqbal, Muhammad Abduh, Rashid Rida, Mahmud Shaltut) or adopting a reactionary stance, declaring even an academic study of philosophy and logic to be haram by reproducing Ibn Taimiyyah's denunciatory tracts, and thus setting their face against the possibility of any reasonable or fruitful dialogue with Western thought (Bin Baz and his group of Salafis), and it was in the aftermath of these tough times these two outstanding scholars picked up their pens, engaging with Western philosophical thought in an academic and discursive manner, and strongly putting forth the Islamic alternative. As- Shaheed As-Sadr's 'Iqtisaaduna' (Our Economics) and 'Falsafatuna' (Our Philosophy) remain hugely popular even today, and he is regarded as the father of modern Islamic economics and Islamic banking, and Shaheed Mutahhari made a paradigmatic intervention in philosophical and political thought, demonstrating the soundness of Islamic reasoning and positions with rationalist argument. This, in my eyes, is a very revolutionary achievement.

Edited by AbdusSibtayn

for me 

Modern Favourite Revolutionary - People of Yemen (that stands with all problems against Wahabists)

Old Favourite Revolutionary - Imam Musa Sadr ( That united Lebanon sects against Zionism & personally was a great man that inspired Nasrollah)