Rate this topic

Salam!

• Ruling on dhikr in the toilet? Is it makrooh? Or haram?
  • Ruling on girls with hijab... They are not exposed as the western girls are, do I need to look down as well when it comes to girl who wear hijab?

I am sorry for asking, I live in the western world since I was 4, and I am trying to learn about my religion.

Peace!

4 hours ago, Wared said:

Salam!

• Ruling on girls with hijab... They are not exposed as the western girls are, do I need to look down as well when it comes to girl who wear hijab?

I am sorry for asking, I live in the western world since I was 4, and I am trying to learn about my religion.

Peace!

Salaam Alaykum brother

Looking at women without Hijab is ok as long as you don't want to please yourself in any way, small or big.

Looking at hijabi women, with pleasure intention or without, is Haram unless you want to marry her.

4 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Salaam Alaykum brother

Looking at women without Hijab is ok as long as you don't want to please yourself in any way, small or big.

Looking at hijabi women, with pleasure intention or without, is Haram unless you want to marry her.

Whoss fatwa is this first? Because not all ulama agree, clearly. Some have more difficult rulings than others. And so as to not confuse the brother, you should tell him the name of the aalim who said what you stated.

I repeat, the position of Sayyed Al-Sistani is one can look at the palms and hands. If he is your marja @Wared then you can look at the face and palms.

2 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

That's what a scholar told me at mosque in Iran. I did make it myself.

the scholars have different ideas about this it looks like he was one of conservative ones.

18 hours ago, Wared said:

Salam!

Peace!

From what I heard, you're not allowed to recite the name of Allah swt in a toilet, because the toilet is where the shaytans live

Can't specifically answer the first question, but there are common duas for going to the toilet and even while in the toilet, as well as after finishing. So there is dhikr, and it is not makrooh but mustahab to do it. I would refer you to this site with useful information that you could implement within your routine.

http://www.duas.org/routine.htm#MANNERS_AND_TAHARA_IN_THE_TOILET_

4 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

From what I heard, you're not allowed to recite the name of Allah swt in a toilet, because the toilet is where the shaytans live

I thought the same, but the ghusl is in the shower, so I don't really know, I think Allah wants us to think of him whenever.

Like Shaytaan does live there, but Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى can remove him.

Edited by Wared

On 1/23/2018 at 4:06 AM, Sumerian said:

Whoss fatwa is this first? Because not all ulama agree, clearly. Some have more difficult rulings than others. And so as to not confuse the brother, you should tell him the name of the aalim who said what you stated.

I repeat, the position of Sayyed Al-Sistani is one can look at the palms and hands. If he is your marja @Wared then you can look at the face and palms.

Salam, brother @Sumerian, I have  a little confusion about these 2 rulings-

2442. It is haraam for man to look at the body or hair of the Non-Mahram women, regardless of whether it is with the intention of pleasure or not, and whether there is a fear of falling into sinful act or not. It is also haraam to look at the faces and the arms, upto the wrists, of such women with the intention of pleasure, or if there is fear of falling into sinful act, and the recommended precaution is that one should not look at their faces or arms even without such an intention. Similarly, it is haraam for a woman to look at the body of Non-Mahram man, except places which are customarily not covered, like, his face, hands, head, neck and feet. She can look at these parts of a man without the intention of deriving any pleasure, or if there is no fear of being entrapped in any sinful act.

2443. To look at the body of a woman who would not care for Hijab, even if she were advised, is not haraam, provided that it does not lead to sinful act or sexual pleasure, and excitement, nor is it with that intention; and in this rule, there is no distinction between a Muslim and a non-Muslim woman; and also between those parts, like their faces, their hands which they normally do not cover, and other parts of their bodies.
https://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2351/

Don't these two rulings appear contradictory? The first ruling says it isn't permissible to look at the parts other than face and palms, and the second says it's permissible. How do you reconcile the two?

1 hour ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Don't these two rulings appear contradictory? The first ruling says it isn't permissible to look at the parts other than face and palms, and the second says it's permissible. How do you reconcile the two?

Salam the main issue is that looking must not be for pleasure at first that 2442 is show how women & men avoid it by dress code 

in 2443 it said when women don't follow the dress code we must don't  look at them for pleasure. 

2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

Salam, brother @Sumerian, I have  a little confusion about these 2 rulings-

The second ruling is related to women who would not listen if asked to wear hijab.

3 hours ago, Sumerian said:

The second ruling is related to women who would not listen if asked to wear hijab.

Thanks bro.