Sisterfatima1

Jesus does not claim to be god in the bible

Rate this topic

John 7:34 ( this is also proof Jesus did not die on the cross)

34 You will seek me and you will not find me. Where I am you cannot come.

John 6:38 

For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.

John 5:30 

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

John 8:28

28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up[a] the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him.

4 minutes ago, Mishael said:

This implies the differences with roles between him and his father does this imply polytheism, no it does not. It implies the divine relationship they have with each other but we're not necessarily saying that these are two different gods, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all make up the one God. Jesus does not really need to say he's God he already said it in different ways like when he said Before Abraham was I and before Adam was I now Jesus is the only person in the whole Bible and Torah to say this. Also depending on wheather you view the Syriac/Aramaic translation as more accurate then you will find in the Aramic translation Jesus says this,

John 14:6

Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

I’m sorry but are you kidding me it’s very clear he is not god he said clearly not to do my own will 

15 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Nope this implies the relationship between he and his Father. I can easily to the same thing and say where does Allah tell Mohammed directly I'm God, keep in mind there is no verse in the whole Quran where Allah actually says to Mohammed I'm God worship me your going to probably say that's an absurd argument but after all I'm just using the same dumb argument against you. Wheather you understand the verses don't matter the fact is he proved to be God.

did your read john 5:30 and 8:28

it contradicts your claim...

42 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Nope this implies the relationship between he and his Father. I can easily to the same thing and say where does Allah tell Mohammed directly I'm God, keep in mind there is no verse in the whole Quran where Allah actually says to Mohammed I'm God worship me your going to probably say that's an absurd argument but after all I'm just using the same dumb argument against you. Wheather you understand the verses don't matter the fact is he proved to be God.

Yes there is. There are many, Here's one. 

إِنَّنِي أَنَا اللَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنَا فَاعْبُدْنِي وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي

"Verily, I - I alone - am God; there is no God but Me. Hence, worship Me alone, and be constant in prayer, so as to remember Me! 

Quran 20:14

As for your other points about Jesus(peace be upon him). I am willing to discuss these if you promise to stick to only this point (Did Jesus say he was God in the Bible) and not try to as they say in Arabic 'take a stick from every valley'. Otherwise I will let others continue with this. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

5 hours ago, Mishael said:

This implies the differences with roles between him and his father does this imply polytheism, no it does not. It implies the divine relationship they have with each other but we're not necessarily saying that these are two different gods, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all make up the one God. Jesus does not really need to say he's God he already said it in different ways like when he said Before Abraham was I and before Adam was I now Jesus is the only person in the whole Bible and Torah to say this. Also depending on wheather you view the Syriac/Aramaic translation as more accurate then you will find in the Aramic translation Jesus says this,

Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

So in what respect is God one? You cant say God is one, and then say three parts. 

Is it one "thing", one "will", what? what is it that is one about God?

WHO is son of man Really!?

Son of man

Salam the leader of new Nation of Islam claims that he is son of man !!!?

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

16 hours ago, Mishael said:

Your God consists of Three Parts and they are all dependent on each other. If one doesn't exist. The whole structure falls apart completely. The whole Idea that Jesus is God is irrational and has no basis. 

Jesus never said that he is God. 

Do you believe that God hs a God? 

I don't get how Christians actually get their theology from the gospels. The passages in the canonical gospels make quite a lot of sense if one interprets them through an esoteric shi'i view. The imams say "We are the Eye (ʿayn) of God, we are the Hand (yad) of God, we are the Face (wajh) of God, we are His Side (janb), His Heart (qalb), His Tongue (lisān), His Ear (udhn). " 

This is irrelevant but interesting; 

He (Shaitan) asked who the father of the newborn child (Jesus) was. They said his case was an example of Adam whom Allah had created without a father. Iblis retorted “I will destroy four out of five parts of human population due to this son.

12 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Trying to prove a religion wrong using another religions book doesn't make sense it's like trying to disapprove Hinduism by using the Avesta of the Zoroastrians.

You made a claim. You're claim was false. I am not trying to falsify a religion, I am trying to show your claim was false. 

Where it says "I AM THE LIVING GOD". What I read is:

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Just now, Mishael said:

He implied the differences in roles between him and his father yet showing that he is the only way to salvation.

But he did not say "I AM THE LIVING GOD", you just added it there. The only salvation yes, because at that time the rest was misguided and he was the only way to get the salvation.

No I said where does Allah tell Mohammed directly I'm God that's what I said. 

NO, you said "there is no verse in the whole Quran where Allah actually says to Mohammed I'm God worship me".

So we are talking about Quran here.

I Am is one of the titles of God to begin with s wheather you translate it to living God or not it means the same thing but I'm guessing in Aramaic it comes out as the Living God.

It is your imagination, nor where it indicate that HE IS THE GOD;

I am the way, the truth, and the life:

1 hour ago, Mishael said:

I almost knew you'd use that verse Allah in this verse is talking to Moses not Mohammed so it doesn't count.

Lol.

Indeed this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me.

And surely this your religion is one religion and I am your Lord, therefore be careful (of your duty) to Me.

And in general:

“And I (Allaah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me(Alone)”. [al-Dhaariyaat 51:56]

21:25 - We did not send any messenger before you except with inspiration: "There is no god except Me; you shall worship Me alone."

Edited by Dhulfikar

4 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Plus is Allah talking to Mohammed or is Gabriel being sent as a messenger boy.

So you believe in a God that has a voice?

You have limited God. Do you expect Allah to physically talk to Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Imam Ali(as) speaks nothing but the truth subhanallah.

'Whoever attaches attributes to Allah recognises His like, and whoever recognises His like regards Him two; and whoever regards Him as two recognises parts for Him; and whoever recognises parts for Him mistook Him; and whoever mistook Him pointed at Him; and whoever pointed at Him admitted limitations for Him; and whoever admitted limitations for Him numbered Him. Whoever said: ‘In what is He?’, held that He is contained; and whoever said: ‘On what is He?’, held He is not on something else."

39 minutes ago, Mishael said:

No I Am itself in capitals in the Bible always refers to the title of God or the title which he uses to describe himself. 

https://www.gotquestions.org/I-AM.html

No wonder you people make him sound he is some kind of God, Like how people took Imam Ali (as) as God. About I Am thing, Imam Ali (as) have also said similar, I actually have made post it here;

In the Surah Al-Daahriyat Allah switches from talking to himself in first person then goes back to talking in third person...? Plus is Allah talking to Mohammed or is Gabriel being sent as a messenger boy. The whole Quran is Gabriel telling Mohammed Allah is this Allah is that why doesn't Allah tell Mohammed himself I'm Allah I am the God of Abraham and Ishmael your forefather do not disbelieve and worship me. Why is it always Allah is the all knowing Allah is the strongest. Or then sure you could say that Gabriel told Mohammed that there is no god except Allah but who is saying these words Allah or is Gabriel telling Mohammed?

If you think that God spoke directly in his Absolute self to Prophets, then you just commited shirk. When he talked to Musa, the voice was created.

Edited by Dhulfikar

3 minutes ago, Mishael said:

The violent response of the Jews to Jesus’ “I AM” statement indicates they clearly understood what He was declaring that He was the eternal God incarnate. Jesus was equating Himself with the "I AM" title God gave Himself in Exodus 3:14. Why do you think Jesus was wanted so dead by the high priests of the Jews.

But the Jews disagree with this wholly, listen their lecture about it. They don't even believe that Jesus in bible even existed.

Edited by Dhulfikar