Sisterfatima1

When did men stop being men

Rate this topic

17 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

I hate women who gain power and prestige in a patriarchal society by serving the patriarchal interests. Has anyone noticed how such women receive special treatment and all the rules which apply to all other women don't apply to these 'special' women? There are a lot of women who can just make perfect wives and perfect mothers, and they are even older than me but for some reason they are not getting married and no one is telling them to get married. They keep telling me to get married so they can 'tame' me into a good wife. And all the elders and men (who decide between right and wrong according to what their queens say) are just following them like a sheep of herd. I had respect for men as human beings. Then I saw them acting like slaves to promiscuous and cruel women and I decided i cannot waste my time and energy on humans who think with their reproductive organs instead of their brains. 

I feel for the dignity of any man who decides to treat women based on 'perceived beauty' or gets mistreated based on this. Truly, those aren't men, but shells of men. This is why certain women become cruel and arrogant, because men willingly make them feel like they are special and can do as they wish. I treat everyone pretty much the same, depending on inward factors, and that sometimes riles these arrogant types - within the context of professional work or academia.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

32 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I feel for the dignity of any man who decides to treat women based on 'perceived beauty' or gets mistreated based on this. Truly, those aren't men, but shells of men. This is why certain women become cruel and arrogant, because men willingly make them feel like they are special and can do as they wish. I treat everyone pretty much the same, depending on inward factors, and that sometimes riles these arrogant types - within the context of professional work or academia.

When parents want to abuse their children, they create an alliance with eldest kids. Similarly in Patriarchal societies, men choose some women and give them power to keep other women in control. These women enjoy so much power and freedom that their lifestyles can make western women envious. 

Edited by rkazmi33

43 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I am not sure if you mentioned this. But this observation of yours is way more applicable to...wait for it...other women. 

Study after study established that far from men who establish unrealistic body standards it is women. All the beauty magazines are carefully orchestrated by...other women. Majority of the time who puts a woman down when she ain't got the looks or fashion? Other women. Who does a woman care about more when she decides to jazz it up? Rather who is she ultimately wasting five hours in front of a mirror for? Other women. Men at this point become an afterthought. Who puts a woman down when she decides to wear modest clothing? Other women. When she decides to not wear makeup? Other women. 

I am not saying men don't do any of this. But give me any social context on this blue marble we call a planet and I will show you women being more harsh and mean and domineering, competitive and domineering towards their own gender. I kid you not when I say that the mental torture average women make other women go through is light years ahead of the mental torture a crafty man can do to a woman. 

You know what they say, the worst enemy of womenkind are themselves...

Edited by Guest Account Ali

16 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

When parents want to abuse their children, they create an alliance with eldest kids. Similarly in Patriarchal societies, men choose some women and give them power to keep other women in control. These women enjoy so much power and freedom that their lifestyles can make western women envious. It's good that you treat everyone equal. 

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to say. Some of what you say is true. But limiting this behavior to patriarchal societies (human beings are a patriarchal species, and a patriarchy is not a bad thing to begin with. History is littered with various and distinct hues of patriarchal socities). 

History has shown matriarchal socities to also have similar power dynamics that end up hurting womenkind. Though in history matriarchal socities mainly died out due to biological reasons. I suggest not taking cues from wonder woman as to how matriarchal socities actually functioned historically. 

I am fairly confident when I say that virtually all of the issues you have described above would still exist even if men did not exist and only women inhabited this planet. You underestimate just how sociopathic women can be even when taking men out of the picture. 

You know what they say, and I am repeating myself, the worst enemy of womenkind are themselves. 

17 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

I am not sure if you mentioned this. But this observation of yours is way more applicable to...wait for it...other women. 

Study after study established that far from men who establish unrealistic body standards it is women. All the beauty magazines are carefully orchestrated by...other women. Majority of the time who puts a woman down when she ain't got the looks or fashion? Other women. Who does a woman care about more when she decides to jazz it up? Rather who is she ultimately wasting five hours in front of a mirror for? Other women. Men at this point become an afterthought. Who puts a woman down when she decides to wear modest clothing? Other women. When she decides to not wear makeup? Other women. 

I am not saying men don't do any of this. But give me any social context on this blue marble we call a planet and I will show you women being more harsh and mean and domineering, competitive and domineering towards their own gender. I kid you not when I say that the mental torture average women make other women go through is light years ahead of the mental torture a crafty man can do to a woman. 

This brother speaks the truth.

25 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Any woman that treats another woman because she thinks she is 'prettier' and therefore has a higher 'status' needs to think about what sort of human they are. That's as bad in my eyes, as a man doing it. 

8 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Any woman that treats another woman because she thinks she is 'prettier' and therefore has a higher 'status' needs to think about what sort of human they are. That's as bad in my eyes, as a man doing it. 

True. 

But also I was pointing this out not because of you necessarily but because modern day society and even slowly eastern societies (Since eastern socities are starting to rebrand feminism for themselves and want to one up men in terms of being controlling due to their new found ideals of "social justice" and "patriarchy". Heck I have heard some of them say that the best way to combat a patriarchy is to establish a matriarchy or make women more privileged. As if gender dynamics are solved by communstic principles of wealth redistribution) tend to turn a blind eye to the issues that emanate from women themselves. Or better yet they always find a way to blame men. Always.

Just now, Guest Account Ali said:

True. 

But also I was pointing this out not because of you necessarily but because modern day society and even slowly eastern societies (Since eastern socities are starting to rebrand feminism for themselves and want to one up men in terms of being controlling due to their new found ideals of "social justice" and "patriarchy". Heck I have heard some of them say that the best way to combat a patriarchy is to establish a matriarchy or make women more privileged. As if gender dynamics are solved by communstic principles of wealth redistribution) tend to turn a blind eye to the issues that emanate from women themselves. Or better yet they always find a way to blame men. Always, we are to blame. 

Of course. I think part of the wonder of the Islamic code of dress for women is not just women against men, but women against women. 

On 21/01/2018 at 1:58 PM, Intellectual Resistance said:

Very educational post, thank you so much. I think while they come out looking quite feminine, those features aren't considered a feminine ideal here anyway.  Why any guy would get rid of their Jaw-line defeats me - the same applies to women. I guess if things are extreme, but i had read somewhere based upon some academic research that strong-cheekbones and a strong jaw-line are desirable for both - so it would be wrong to claim its only a masculine thing. In fact, these features are extremely sought after in the media at least.

You know, if someone wants to be a non-binary, pansexual, polyamorous, vegan atheist, i have got to the point where it makes me question the reality of existence. What will be next?

Oh, and this is Jaden Smith, Will Smiths son:

rs_634x1024-150410095824-634.Jaden-Smith

You just made my day with this post.

I was scrolling down : ah jayden smith ,aka the guy with crazy tweets ,he has a weird haircut and weird tshirt but meh i have seen worst

Another scroll down: eww that skirt,oh woah that skirt is absolutely horrendous and the pose is certainly not helping  well at least he is wearing shorts underneath so its not you know....all out.

Just now, Guest Account Ali said:

True dat 

My G, you've posed some pretty insightful posts on here. Where did you learn dat brah? 

1 minute ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

My G, you've posed some pretty insightful posts on here. Where did you learn dat brah? 

Oh I'm just bare with my words G. Also I've been around the block and seen what mandem and galdem been up to. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Oh I'm just bare with my words G. Also I've been around the block and seen what mandem and galdem been up to. 

Ayy , aware brah. We from the hood, insightful life realities in the hood. 

1 hour ago, Khadija97 said:

You just made my day with this post.

I was scrolling down : ah jayden smith ,aka the guy with crazy tweets ,he has a weird haircut and weird tshirt but meh i have seen worst

Another scroll down: eww that skirt,oh woah that skirt is absolutely horrendous and the pose is certainly not helping  well at least he is wearing shorts underneath so its not you know....all out.

Aware.

dbb.jpg

And they are teaching kids these things as if he's Plato or Aristotle.

24 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

course. I think part of the wonder of the Islamic code of dress for women is not just women against men, but women against women. 

That’s why obesity rates are higher in non-Islamic societies. Woman tend to focus on other woman’s bodies’ more. For every 1,000 articles on “unrealistic beauty standards” by Western woman, you would find maybe 1 article written by an Eastern woman. 

In places where hijab is the norm, obesity rates are significantly lower. We do not compare ourselves subconsciously or consciously. Whenever I visit my Persian relatives in Iran, I notice woman’s bodies less and comparisons are little to none. 

I head to any random store here in California, where obesity rates are lower than in the South and what have you, and I already see several overweight woman and notice every lump and bump that I otherwise wouldn’t notice if those woman were dressed in hijab. I’ve also noticed that the heavier a woman is, the more likely she is to wear tight or revealing clothing, as opposed to normal weight woman, who wear loose-fitting clothing. 

1 minute ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

That’s why obesity rates are higher in non-Islamic societies. Woman tend to focus on other woman’s bodies’ more. For every 1,000 articles on “unrealistic beauty standards” by Western woman, you would find maybe 1 article written by an Eastern woman. 

In places where hijab is the norm, obesity rates are significantly lower. We do not compare ourselves subconsciously or consciously. Whenever I visit my Persian relatives in Iran, I notice woman’s bodies less and comparisons are little to none. 

I head to any random store here in California, where obesity rates are lower than in the South and what have you, and I already see several overweight woman and notice every lump and bump that I otherwise wouldn’t notice if those woman were dressed in hijab. I’ve also noticed that the heavier a woman is, the more likely she is to wear tight or revealing clothing, as opposed to normal weight woman, who wear loose-fitting clothing. 

My goodness, California is famous of having unreal beauty standards. Insightful observations you've noted here sister. Would be interesting if someone decided to do some research on this, would be an interesting protect (studying motivations and causes).