wolverine

#25 Best Universal Food Base?

Poll #25  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best of the "Big 3" Universal Food Bases to Make a Meal?

• Rice-based
    • Noodle-based
    • Bread-based

3 minutes ago, wolverine said:

What is the best of the "Big 3"?

Why are you making my mouth watery and making my stomach hurt?

I make bread all the time, and I know how to make noodles. Rice is the only one I can't make at home, but I could eat it three meals a day if my people would let me. 

I buy 25 lb bags at my local warehouse store. When I cook it, I make about a gallon (after cooking) at a time for my family. Sometimes a little bit is left over and I get to have it for breakfast. 

On 1/23/2018 at 10:59 PM, Reza said:

There's definitely some cultural biases here in favor or rice/bread over noodles. Not many noodle dishes exist in the landmass between Italy and China?

But that could be a advantage because people are tired of eating rice all their life etc. , agree?

Bread is usually tasty! Especially when you make it Iraqi style with Salya, you blend bread with the water of the chicken that were cooked. Tastes amazing, I wonder how things will taste in heaven. 

Al-hamdiruiallah!

My vote goes for Bread since it has been The Universal Whole Grain IMO that Humanity has always depended on. Rice comes a close second (basically Bread’s 2nd Cousin) while Noodles can be made from both Rice and Whole Grains that make up what Bread is so its by far the most versatile.

Types of Bread: Flatbreads (Roti/Naan/Paraatah/Poori), Barley Bread (The Bread Imam Ali (AS) ate the most), Whole Grain Bread, White Bread etc.

However, Bread has been a staple food for Humanity IMO so much so that it has earned a symbolic significance within The Abrahamic Religions. Especially in Christianity.

Give a man a bread/fish and you feed him for a day; However, if you teach a man how to make bread or how to fish you’ll feed him for a lifetime.