hasanhh

Turkey Shelling Syria

Rate this topic

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

0600EST Fri,19January18

DeutsceWelle  is reporting that Turkish artillery is shelling Kurds across the border.

The rationale is that these Kurds are affiliated with terrorists organizations such as PKK.

I don't know if these Turkish have any good rationale reason, expect that if there is any possible for them to bomb the Kurdish people, they would. So much hatred they have for them, that it is sickening.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

As part of "Operation: Olive Branch" Turkish troops have now entered Arfin --Sunday,21Jan18

The irony of starting a new offensive with the name “olive branch” is beyond stupid. It’s not like the Turks aren’t used to justifying genocide to minorities in the past, present and future. 

too many parties are involved, each with their own agendas:

usa backs SDF.

turkey doesn't want a kurdish state on its southern border.

syria doesn't want uninvited foreign forces on its' soil.

israel/ksa doesn't like iran's presence in syria.

i believe, somehow or rather, erdogan manage to smooth-talked russia/iran before taking this position, hence the "lukewarm" responses from them.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/01/20/manbij-next-says-erdogan-as-turkey-warplanes-bomb-syrias-afrin/

Erdogan is an evil man, as well as very sophisticated and intelligent. Unlike Trump who is also an evil man but very dumb and ignorant.

Most likely (and I'm not 100% sure about this yet, but 99% sure) he is trying to accomplish a task for Israel and US to try to get Turkey to get accepted in the EU. This has been his goal since the beginning. 

Since the US / Israel / Erdogan (which is the same thing) now realize that their plan to US ISIS / Islamic State to take over Syria isn't going to work, they are trying an alternate tactic. They are doing the same tactic that Israel used in 1982 in order to invade Lebanon. 

In 1982, Israel used the fact that PLO was operating in South Lebanon as a pretext to go into Lebanon while telling the Lebanese, 'We're only going in to clear out the PLO, then we'll leave'. Since the Lebanese (most of them) hated the PLO because they had been causing problems in Lebanon for decades, they initally welcomed the Israelis. Later on, they found out that Israel had no intention of getting rid of the PLO and the only reason they went in was to occupy Lebanon and try to extend their territory further and further with the eventual goal of making Lebanon 'Northern Israel'. When the Lebanese started to realize this, it was too late and then it became a war against Israel that lasted for decades, and it still going on. It's the classic 'Trojan Horse' tactic. 

Turkey is using the Kurdish Militia as a pretext to get into Syria and occupy it. Once they are in, they will establish a 'security zone' in Northern Syria and then try to expand it south. Probably the supposed 'secret' US announcement that they are training a 'border force' is not a secret at all and was coordinated in advance with Erdogan so that he could set up a pretext to fool the Syrians. Once Turkey has established this zone, it will be used by US / Israel in order to attack all the groups and governments in the area they don't like. It will be a FOB (Forward operating base) for them.  I hope the people of Syria are aware of this plan. To use a US term, 'I don't trust Erdogan as far as I can throw him'. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

I strongly suspect the US may have done this knowing full well Turkey would retaliate and send in more FSA fighters into Syria to push back against the Kurds. The Kurds are not the biggest enemies of the Syrian govt., while they are no fan of them, I think the Kurds are perhaps among the only groups in the "opposition" who would be open to negotiating with the Syrian govt. and they probably see ISIS/Al Qaeda and other aligned groups as a much bigger threat to them, and so Assad for them is probably a smaller problem. However, the FSA which Turkey is backing are not very different from ISIS and they represent a bigger threat to the Syrian govt. Perhaps this is where we might see a newer escalation taking place, and the US will continue providing lip service to the Kurds but it will throw them under the bus (I think this is planned purposely tbh) because they will never risk losing Turkey as an ally. 

if the reports below are accurate, US already has FOBs in SDF-controlled area, even during obama's presidency.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/12/01/544097/US-Syria-Marines-Raqqah-Daesh

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201701241049970763-us-building-new-military-base-syria/

http://21stcenturywire.com/2017/07/05/us-expands-military-footprint-in-syria-to-eight-bases-modifies-kobani-air-base/

https://southfront.org/more-details-about-new-us-military-base-in-syria/

https://www.stripes.com/news/us-expands-air-base-in-northern-syria-for-use-in-battle-for-raqqa-1.461874

A question one might asked: which has the greater potential of ceding northern syria back to the government, turkey or SDF?. i think, if turkey managed to get rid of SDF( mainly PYD) in northern syria, russia will be able to apply diplomatic pressure on turkey to hand over back the captured area to the syrian government. can russia do the same thing with SDF, knowing full well US/Israel intention to balkanize syria? i don't think so. hence, the lukewarm response from iran/russia with turkey's operation on Afrin.

http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/view/rojavas-sustainability-and-the-pkks-regional-strategy

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2015/05/syria-country-divided-150529144229467.html

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/01/22/549802/Turkey-Syria-Russia-Erdogan-YPG-PKk-SDF-FSA-US-Afrin-Kurdish-militia-Daesh

[not his fan boy but] whatever one might think of erdogan, he sure does not lack a spine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/7s6w66/turkey_wont_step_back_from_afrin_operation/

and the problem with the statement

Let them kill each other

is the money spent on buying military equipment is better spent to help the poor.

Edited by justAnothermuslim

As a footnote, l saw the American-Kurd on TV Monday. He was profiled last Summer as an American Vet who went back on his own to help the Kurds. His family is not even from Western Asia, but Europe.

l read on the Kurds a couple of decades ago. Their history is one of persecution because they are a large ethnic group so 'everybody' worries and messes with them. More recently in history, as a DW commentator said today, the Kurds are a group 'everybody uses and then abandons'.

this is interesting but i don't know how accurate it is.

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/7snrzl/kurdish_official_say_they_welcome_the_syrian_army/

PYD/YPG should hand over Afrin to syrian government much earlier. this could prevent unnecessary loss of lives and damage to properties.

better still, SDF should handover northern syria back to the syrian government. turkey will have her wish not to see a kurdistan state on her southern border. Then olive branch operation only exists in dream.

ultimately, every uninvited military forces should leave syria.

is this the end-game from russia/iran/turkey/syria? will this be agreeable to usa/israel/ksa? should rein in myself - balancing out my reading between msm and alternative media sources.

20 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Contrary to most people here I personaly support erdogan on this issue because I consider Kurdish separatist as a big threat. 

So do most countries. Plus they will have a land-locked country and that will create other problems.

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

So do most countries. Plus they will have a land-locked country and that will create other problems.

Salam This is from greater isreal project that stated by slaughtering Kurdish people in name of Terrorists :(

Videos of Syrian Militia Abusing Kurdish Fighter’s Corpse Stir Outrage

Photo
merlin_133245386_335303b6-1284-412b-af18

The family of Barin Kobani, a Kurdish fighter whose mutilated body was abused by Syrian rebels, at a mourning ceremony for her on Saturday. CreditDelil Souleiman/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

KOBANI, Syria — One fighter posed for selfies with the woman’s corpse. Another called her a “female pig.” Another man stood on her naked breast as someone said, “She’s beautiful, man.”

Those are some of the low points of two new videos of what appear to be Turkish-backed fighters abusing the mutilated body of a Kurdish fighter.

The videos, which were posted on Saturday by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, have caused an unusual uproar in a war in which hard-to-watch footage has been a regular feature.

The head of the rights group, Rami Abdul Rahman, said on Monday that he had obtained the videos from one of the fighters pictured in them, who identified the group as part of the Free Syrian Army. The Free Syrian Army is a rebel militia fighting alongside Turkey in its battle against the Kurds in northern Syria.

Although horrifying videos are nothing new in Syria’s seven-year war, in this case the videos were apparently made by a group at least nominally under the command of a NATO country. That the object of abuse was a partly naked woman added to the outrage, with some commentators saying that even the Islamic State would not have behaved as badly.

Photo
06syria-video-master315.jpg

A still image from a video obtained by the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights from Syrian militants. The video shows Syrian militia members abusing the body of a female Kurdish fighter.

The Free Syrian Army ordered an investigation, saying in a statement that it “will not hesitate to hold accountable those who prove to be involved in this incident, if it is verified, in accordance with Shariah law and our principles.” The statement went on to say that the group adhered to international human rights principles and Shariah law in dealing with the bodies of victims. :(:angry:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/05/world/middleeast/syria-video-kurds.html

On 2/16/2018 at 5:58 AM, Zain el-Abidine said:

This is nothing to be upset about, these people are worse than Daesh, Kurdistan is the next Israel. Kurdish nationalism and Zionism are two sides of the same coin.

SO much hate for Turks. Really ???

Guys there is this thing I am not getting. Please someone explain it to me. Separate kurds state is a dream of Kurds who has support of America and Isreal, they are funding it to have strong ground in Middle East. On the other hand Iran and Syria are not in favor of separate Kurdish state as they will lose areas, natural reserves in those areas and Zioinist will have strong hold on boaders of Iran, Syria, Iraq and Turkey. Secondly YPG in Kurdistan considered as terrorist organization. 

Thing I don't get why Turkey and Syria are not on a same page for this Kurds issue. Why is Turkey so against Syrian government?

Edited by SIAR14