shadow_of_light

most challenging questions in your mind?

Rate this topic

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:58 AM, shadow_of_light said:

Thinking about the numbers of creatures....if He started creating or if He has always been creating or another if...(maybe there is a 3rd option).

Ayat 40:57

15 hours ago, power said:

But what is nothing when nothing cannot be measured? 

Define 'nothing'. You already have a word.  ls it less than zero?

15 hours ago, SeekingHeaven said:

Why did Allah create everything beyond earth, like the other planets, solar systems, black hole, what is their purpose in all this?

For a portent to the Last Day.

21 hours ago, SeekingHeaven said:

Why did Allah create everything beyond earth, like the other planets, solar systems, black hole, what is their purpose in all this?

Good question!

What would happen if He didnt create them?

What is the benefit of black holes?

P.S: whatever the benefit is, they are glorious!

3 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

What is this "nothing" which is beyond the universe? A void space? Then it is still something.

With absent of such evidence, as to what is beyond our universe, we can only "Speculate" whether there is Something/Nothing. 

The problem is that we cannot imagine where there is no space (x, y and z dimensions), whether it is a void space or not. We cannot imagine a dimensionless world because we have never exprienced it.

So if the universe has any boundary, maybe beyobd it there is a dimensionless world or a kind of world of a quite different nature.

سبحان الله

Beneficent and Merciful,

Praise is due to Allah,

Who has made our mind limited to comprehend,

And some of the sons of Adam are not but deceived in their own ignorance,

And may the loyalty to Allah be endless by it’s entirety,

Lord of the Worlds,

King of the Heavens and East and West.

As salaamun aleikum, what a great topic, alhamdulilah. 

A few of MANY that comes to my mind right at this moment is, knowing that Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is the cause of all causes, and absolutely nothing exists or can exist without Him being it's cause, 1)why is it so hard for me to deal with my mother who has severe dementia, who repeatedly repeats herself over and over and over and over and over and asks me the same question 30 times within 20 minutes?  2)If I am to really integrate and understand that Allah is the cause of all causes, wouldn't that make it easier for me to deal with this constant repetition? I know this is a mixed question and the situation requires sabr, tolerance, keeping a tight grip on my anger, making dua, accepting the reality that this isnt going to get any better, in fact realistically and honestly, it's going to continue to get worse because that is the nature of this disease, 3)How can I effectively integrate the understanding that all actions emanate from Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى? All the power that people have to exercise their Free Will emanates from Allah. However, I question to what degree my mom really has free will at this point, because she is compelled by this disease to repeat herself over and over since her short-term memory is absolutely gone, we're talking like 3 minutes max.. this has been a major trial for me, and I really do not see myself as being able to advance forward spiritually and do the internal work that I need to do to make my soul ready to deal with barzakh when I am faced with this situation everyday. Our condition in barzakh is directly tied to our actions here on this plane, in this world, and whatever we have inducted into our soul and made a permanent part of it, good or bad. That is what's waiting for us in the barzakh. I'm terrified to see the condition of my barzakh when I am failing at the situation in almost every possible way. I can't even think after spending  time with my family but i have no choice-i am the oldest, the only daughter, and the only Muslim, and we all know what position our parents, more specifically, our mothers have in Islam, so i also have to bear the guilt for failing at the situation as a Muslim. There must be something I'm doing wrong, because why would Allah put me in a situation he knows I'm going to fail in, which up to this point is the only thing i HAVE been doing? All i am doing is racking up more sin and cementing already bad character even deeper into my soul by repeatedly being tried and failing. I keep thinking that if I can just integrate and deeply understand tawheed,  maybe I will be better able to deal with the situation,maybe i will see things differently, but I don't know how to integrate that into myself.

Sorry for writing a novel,

W/s

As salaamun aleikum,

...and here is one that has been gnawing at me for years. I have asked numerous scholars and visiting Imams at the masjid i attend, as well as posting it on some Islamic sites where i have never gotten an answer:/ The question is: why is there so much violence in the animal kingdom, and why is it a necessar thing that animals that are prey end up being brutally and horrifically killed? People usually answer by saying, well, as humans, we are to look at the way the animals live and try not to be like them.  How is a baby deer being ripped to shreds in front of its mother going to convey that message when most of the time, there are no humans around to see it occur.? Others have said well, in the animal kingdom there is no morality. That's besides the point.. A baby deer being ripped to shreds in front of its mother has nothing to do with if theres morality in the animal kingdom. The mother AND the baby still suffer. Other people have said, well an animals sense of pain is not as great as ours. To that I say, have you not seen the animals screaming while being ripped apart in nature videos? Even if an animal didn't feel the physical pain, It's traumatic enough as it is. Many animals do not even wait till their prey is dead before they start eating it. I wonder what that's like, to be eaten by an animal while I'm still alive. In sha Allah none of us ever find out.

Now I believe Allah  is just and all His other attributes as being true, so obviously there is a problem with my understanding of this, and other people's understandings of it as well. I'm interested to see people's response to this because I have truly been searching for an answer to this for years now.

W/s

2 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

...and here is one that has been gnawing at me for years. I have asked numerous scholars and visiting Imams at the masjid i attend, as well as posting it on some Islamic sites where i have never gotten an answer:/ The question is: why is there so much violence in the animal kingdom, and why is it a necessar thing that animals that are prey end up being brutally and horrifically killed? People usually answer by saying, well, as humans, we are to look at the way the animals live and try not to be like them.  How is a baby deer being ripped to shreds in front of its mother going to convey that message when most of the time, there are no humans around to see it occur.? Others have said well, in the animal kingdom there is no morality. That's besides the point.. A baby deer being ripped to shreds in front of its mother has nothing to do with if theres morality in the animal kingdom. The mother AND the baby still suffer. Other people have said, well an animals sense of pain is not as great as ours. To that I say, have you not seen the animals screaming while being ripped apart in nature videos? Even if an animal didn't feel the physical pain, It's traumatic enough as it is. Many animals do not even wait till their prey is dead before they start eating it. I wonder what that's like, to be eaten by an animal while I'm still alive. In sha Allah none of us ever find out.

Now I believe Allah  is just and all His other attributes as being true, so obviously there is a problem with my understanding of this, and other people's understandings of it as well. I'm interested to see people's response to this because I have truly been searching for an answer to this for years now.

W/s

Salam

I read somewhere that animals's saliva contains a pain-killer substance which works instantly so when a lion, for example, preys on another animal and bites it, the prey doesnt feel extreme pain. This is confirmed by people who were attacked by wild animals but survived. They say they just were too frightened but didnt feel pain.

Adrenaline is another pain-killer substance which body produces when you are very frightened. So extreme fear prevents you from completely feeling the pain.

On 1/18/2018 at 2:48 PM, A_learner said:

Can we go back in time ? 

I have waaaaayyy to many questions lolz hahaha

Time is defined as:

T= delta X (displacement) devided by V (speed).

We can go backward or forward in time or in other words, we can stop time, if we can keep delta t=0.

Delta t=0 if delta x= 0.

It occurs when everything (really everything including the tiniest particles in the world) stops moving (or changing because change is a kind of movement).

Now, how can you go back in time without moving?!  As soon as you start moving, time starts too.

3 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Salam

I read somewhere that animals's saliva contains a pain-killer substance which works instantly so when a lion, for example, preys on another animal and bites it, the prey doesnt feel extreme pain. This is confirmed by people who were attacked by wild animals but survived. They say they just were too frightened but didnt feel pain.

Adrenaline is another pain-killer substance which body produces when you are very frightened. So extreme fear prevents you from completely feeling the pain.

Wow, very interesting, i have never heard that before. I will have to look into that.

W/s

10 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

1)why is it so hard for me to deal with my mother who has severe dementia, who repeatedly repeats herself over and over and over and over and over and asks me the same question 30 times within 20 minutes?  

Perhaps, It is your lack of patience. And you will overcome it In-sha Allah. You need to remind yourself that you did the same to her when you were child. How she treated your questions? She would have faced difficulty in letting you understand a simple thing or a simple issue. It took me 4 years to adjust my behavior towards my father who is Alhamdolillah in his 90's, since my childhood, i used to ask questions from him, asks guidance from him so my problem was that i am not realizing that he is now in a stage where he cannot guide me anymore and he feel difficulty in understanding and remembering the things. I changed my approach, adjusted my mind to the need of the situation and now I am taking care of him perfectly. The entropy which age brings, is irreversible. And the most positive part is that Quran has guided me all the way to success Alhamdolillah.

10 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

2)If I am to really integrate and understand that Allah is the cause of all causes, wouldn't that make it easier for me to deal with this constant repetition?

Strengthen your relation with Allah & you will be helped everywhere. If you have any kid, how you deal with him/her? The difference is that we dont really accept that the ones who helped us all the life are now under the effects of entropy of time. We just need make slight adjustment of our mind and Allah has mentioned this, reminded us what to do & what to think:

وَقُل رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

and say: "O my Sustainer! Bestow Thy grace upon them, even as they cherished and reared me when I was a child!"

14 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

why would Allah put me in a situation he knows I'm going to fail in

That's a wrong course of thinking!

This limited worldly life, as a whole, is nothing but a test. So if Allah never gave you the life and declared to you that as per His knowledge you would get failed in that trial & in a response you would have hoped that if you were given a chance you would have tried hard for success, you would question the justice of Allah (s.w.t) with that thought, as He knows the secrets of the heart. 

You are living in a system of trial & there is nothing you cannot overcome. Even if you failed throughout your life & continued your struggle for improving and died in that state of struggle, you will get the best reward.  Don't underestimate your abilities, you're well equipped & where you're lacking, you will find Him there helping you. Now lets see another verse:

وَاللّهُ خَلَقَكُمْ ثُمَّ يَتَوَفَّاكُمْ وَمِنكُم مَّن يُرَدُّ إِلَى أَرْذَلِ الْعُمُرِ لِكَيْ لاَ يَعْلَمَ بَعْدَ عِلْمٍ شَيْئًا إِنَّ اللّهَ عَلِيمٌ قَدِيرٌ

And Allah has created you, then He causes you to die, and of you is he who is brought back to the worst part of life (most abject state), wing, ceasing to know anything of what he once knew so well; surely Allah is Knowing, Powerful. (16:70)

If it were our parents who reached to that state, we should strive hard to develop patience within ourselves & ask Allah to pour patience on us and train ourselves in taking good care of them. That is the entropy of time and most of those who lives long, faces these situations.

وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ
"And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion"

Remember that too

حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَى وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ
 his mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his utter dependence on her lasted two years

Edited by Salsabeel

3 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

If you have any kid, how you deal with him/her?

Thank you for your kind reply. Yes, my sabr and tolerance needs to improve. Only by Allahs will and grace will i improve from the point i am at. Its very difficult, especially since there is no possibility of my mom learning, whereas when i was a child and she answered my questions, i learned from her answers and would ask different questions each time. She is far beyond the point of learning. She still calls the dog they have had for 3 years  by the name of the dog they had before. In 3 years she has been unable to remember this new dogs name despite hearing it probably 50+ times a day. And no, i dont have any kids so i have no prior experience with taking care of anyone or having someone so dependent on me. We were never a close family, my parents were always working and gone, so we never really bonded.Its awkward to be in an close relationship now when we were never close to begin with. Its all new for me, and thus far, im failing. I will continue to strive in this way. May Allah guide me and provide the very best for all involved, especially for my mom, and for everyone else going through the trials of aging.

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl
Forgot something

3 minutes ago, shia farm girl said:

I will continue to strive in this way. May Allah guide me and provide the very best for all involved, especially for my mom, and for everyone else going through the trials of aging.

In-sha Allah, you will develop the patience, you will learn. My prayers are with you

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَتَوَفَّنَا مُسْلِمِينَ

On 1/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, shadow_of_light said:

What are the most important questions for you which challenge your mind a lot?

Well, I guess I need to figure out where is my mind first :D.

One of my teacher once told me that it is in my knees.  

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:49 PM, power said:

What is beyond the universe, and eternal live in the hereafter.

22 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

What is this "nothing" which is beyond the universe? A void space? Then it is still something.

Correct. lf we have a hole in a paper and cannot measure across it, we can do surveys around it to determine information about it.

22 hours ago, power said:

With absent of such evidence, as to what is beyond our universe, we can only "Speculate" whether there is Something/Nothing. 

Can we even speculate. lf there is something outside our Universe does our vocabulary even apply?

21 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

The problem is that we cannot imagine where there is no space (x, y and z dimensions), whether it is a void space or not. We cannot imagine a dimensionless world because we have never exprienced it.

What then of dimensionless numbers like pi, natural log, Somerfield ratio[1/137], and so forth?

11 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Time is defined as:

T= delta X (displacement) devided by V (speed).

We can go backward or forward in time or in other words, we can stop time, if we can keep delta t=0.

Delta t=0 if delta x= 0.

It occurs when everything (really everything including the tiniest particles in the world) stops moving (or changing because change is a kind of movement).

Now, how can you go back in time without moving?!  As soon as you start moving, time starts too.

Trivia: The modern notions of going back in time comes from CPT checks in atomic calculations. Do we get the starting position from Conjugation, Parity and Time Reversal?

Liked your equational. Although when l went to school, delta symbolized change. A "d" will suffice.

16 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

Wow, very interesting, i have never heard that before. I will have to look into that.

W/s

Some unanswered questions are very annoying! And when you find the answer, then you have a sigh of relief!

For me, a very very annoying challenging issue is "suffering/ pain".

There is a narration in Nahj-al Balaqa which says that God sends help as much as he sends difficulty.

I feel I need to be sure that it is true about all creatures (whether they are in this world or other worlds)! Such assurance will brings me relief!