Jump to content
Hamodiii

Porn and Zina thoughts.

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam!

What is the ruling of sexual thoughts in your mind? Cause sexual thoughts are really tempting in a man's head, Is it fatal if you get or force yourself to think about sexual?

And what is the ruling of porn? I know it is haram, but is it Zina? Is it that a deep sin or just regular sin? Like If I watch porn, do I commit Zina?

Thank you for replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wared said:

What is the ruling of sexual thoughts in your mind? Cause sexual thoughts are really tempting in a man's head, Is it fatal if you get or force yourself to think about sexual?

These type of thoughts are Haraam in Islam. Thinking about these stuff causes damage to your Health. VERY BAD DAMAGE.

2 minutes ago, Wared said:

And what is the ruling of porn? I know it is haram, but is it Zina? Is it that a deep sin or just regular sin? Like If I watch porn, do I commit Zina?

There are different types of Zina. Zina of Hand, Zina of feet, Zina of Ears and Zina of Eyes. Porn is Zina of Eyes. A DEEP SIN. A person must Repent as soon as possible.

My Own Personal Advice and Experience for you, Use Cold Showers, Workout, Dress Well, Sleep Tight. This will surely help you. And you are a Man. A man must Fight these Evil actions. A man must be Strong and become a Gentleman he know himself and Get a Real Woman in his life. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch This Video <3 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wared said:

but is it Zina? Is it that a deep sin or just regular sin? Like If I watch porn, do I commit Zina?

:bismillah:

الَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُواْ فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُواْ أَنْفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُواْ اللّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُواْ لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلاَّ اللّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّواْ عَلَى مَا فَعَلُواْ وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ

3:135 

It is not Zina but included in fahishaat (indecencies), every sin, if done with the intention of minor or regular sin can be turned into a great sin so everyone should be careful. 

https://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01288/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Wared said:

Salam!

What is the ruling of sexual thoughts in your mind? Cause sexual thoughts are really tempting in a man's head, Is it fatal if you get or force yourself to think about sexual?

And what is the ruling of porn? I know it is haram, but is it Zina? Is it that a deep sin or just regular sin? Like If I watch porn, do I commit Zina?

Thank you for replies.

Salaam Alaykum Brother

Coming sexual thoughts into your mind is normal especially when you are young man. The thing is that don't let them to occupy your mind. Otherwise, it changes your view of life and increases animality in your life. Solution for this is talking with Imam Mahdi five minutes each night before sleeping. Talk with him and tell him your problems.

Watching porn is absolutely Zina. Imam Sadegh said:" Zina has different phases. One Zina is done by your eyes, one by touching, one by your tongue(telling arousing words), etc."

Brother protect yourself. Do Mutah. It's Halal. Plus you keep Rasoulullah Sunnah alive. You can do Mutah with people of the book.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The following are the words of Imam Ali (as): 
قال على عليه السلام: فكرك فى المعصية يحدوك على الوقوع فيها

"Simply thinking about sinful carnal deeds encourages you to commit them eventually.”

Ghirar al-Hukm, p-518.


قال على عليه السلام: اذا ابصرت العين الشهوة عمى القلب عن العاقبة

"When eye sees an erotic scene - the heart becomes blind from seeing its ultimate consequences.”

Ghirar al-Hukm, p-315.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wared said:

 

Salam!

What is the ruling of sexual thoughts in your mind? Cause sexual thoughts are really tempting in a man's head, Is it fatal if you get or force yourself to think about sexual?

 

Imam Khamenei:

Sexually Exciting Imagination
There is no objection to a man's sexual excitement through imagining his own wife unless it leads to ejaculation. However, as to imagining a non-maḥarām woman for this purpose, it is a caution to avoid it.
 

3 hours ago, Wared said:

And what is the ruling of porn? I know it is haram, but is it Zina? Is it that a deep sin or just regular sin? Like If I watch porn, do I commit Zina?

Thank you for replies.

To Watch Nude Films
Generally speaking, watching moving pictures and photographs does have not the same ruling as looking in reality at non-maḥram people. Accordingly, there is no objection to it, as per Islamic law, Provided that it is free of lust /evil intention and does not lead to a bad result. However, since watching obscene pictures is inherently intertwined with looking with sexual urge and it is a precursor to committing ḥarām acts, it is, therefore, ḥarām.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brother I can tell you that you need to cut out this habit from your life as soon as possible.

It will be difficult at first but think of it this way. The longer you get occupied with Porn and Zina, the harder your test will become and your prayers of a real genuine woman may get delayed. Struggle now and be happy later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

I have seen that video in the past is has some mistakes / lies

Even if it does has some lies, the video message is clear which is NO MASTURBATION. This is what makes this video good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shah Khan said:

Even if it does has some lies, the video message is clear which is NO MASTURBATION. This is what makes this video good.

Salam the video talks very idealistic 

That prevention of mutah from seconde caliph caused these problems among Islamic society 

Examinine mutah (Nakhshawani )

Taqiya mutah mattam convery revert from a woman view

 

 

WahAbi view

Is mutah (temporary marriage )  a part of Islam

 

https://youtu.be/wXLUOrhtxk4

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think watching porn is as bad as committing zina. You basically watch someone commit zina. Not only this, but a lot of woman who are abused in the Porn Industry, have to take a lot of pain killers to withstand the brutality and pain they are inflicted with.

Watching this also implies that we have no sense of justice within us which is another sin. The moment we are desensitized and okay with what is being shown - is when we need spiritual help ASAP.

A true follower of Ahlulbayt (as) would never ever even think about watching porn.

 

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wa salaam,

Idea - find yourself Quran verses which give you strength and willpower, print or write them and put them around either your computer monitor or wall. That way when you have these urges to watch porn, it will give you a reminder of deen to overcome it and refrain from watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TheGreenWanderer said:

Wa salaam,

Idea - find yourself Quran verses which give you strength and willpower, print or write them and put them around either your computer monitor or wall. That way when you have these urges to watch porn, it will give you a reminder of deen to overcome it and refrain from watching.

 

23 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I think watching porn is as bad as committing zina. You basically watch someone commit zina. Not only this, but a lot of woman who are abused in the Porn Industry, have to take a lot of pain killers to withstand the brutality and pain they are inflicted with.

Watching this also implies that we have no sense of justice within us which is another sin. The moment we are desensitized and okay with what is being shown - is when we need spiritual help ASAP.

A true follower of Ahlulbayt (as) would never ever even think about watching porn.

 

I think another member here gave the best practical advice. And that is that at some level no matter how irfanic you become it does not solve the issue of sexuality.

 

Instead let us take the advice of Imam Ali (AS) who recommended Mutah as a deterrent to fornication and even masturbation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also a general question. 

 

From what I have observed is that nowadays the most difficult part in terms of doing Mutah is not knowing which women to ask.

 

Thus I am curious to know if Mutah networks (either off like or online) exist just like marriage networks to take the guessing game out of Mutah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Instead let us take the advice of Imam Ali (AS) who recommended Mutah as a deterrent to fornication and even masturbation. 

Man I don't think mutah can solve someone's porn addiction, although it might help.

Most married people even say that porn is completely different to real life sex. The biggest misconception we have is that most people watch porn or masturbate, because they don't have enough real life sex. Porn or masturbation addiction is a behaviour addiction just like some people are addicted to smoking. Our brain is wired in a way to release large amounts of dopamine from looking at a screen rather than having real life sex.

Also your mutah partner or wife will not be clung to you 24/7, so there will be circumstances where one will be tested when the dopamine kicks in randomly.

Therefore I reckon someone should practice abstinence and develop enough will power. This mindset that "No need to worry I'll just get married (temporary or permanent) - is not good at all. Therfore we should develop some real productive habits and not have this lazy mindset that "it is lack of sex". Our brain is looking for a thousand excuses to shift the blame to something else, when in reality it's just the conscious decisions we make.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Man I don't think mutah can solve someone's porn addiction, although it might help.

Most married people even say that porn is completely different to real life sex. The biggest misconception we have is that most people watch porn or masturbate, because they don't have enough real life sex. Porn or masturbation addiction is a behaviour addiction just like some people are addicted to smoking. Our brain is wired in a way to release large amounts of dopamine from looking at a screen rather than having real life sex.

Also your mutah partner or wife will not be clung to you 24/7, so there will be circumstances where one will be tested when the dopamine kicks in randomly.

Therefore I reckon someone should practice abstinence and develop enough will power. This mindset that "No need to worry I'll just get married (temporary or permanent) - is not good at all. Therfore we should develop some real productive habits and not have this lazy mindset that "it is lack of sex". Our brain is looking for a thousand excuses to shift the blame to something else, when in reality it's just the conscious decisions we make.

Umm, the guy who opened this thread presumably does not have porn addiction. Although dude might be playing the fool to ask a question. Either way. 

 

Also your second paragraph is partly true. But it is important to know that the majority of cases of masturbation stem from lack of sex. You are not born with porn addiction unlike ADHD. Instead porn addiction usually begins with an individual wanting to have sex but can't for certain reasons. Then the brain goes through biochemical changes once exposed to porn. Once again, the cause of even watching porn is usually a desire to have sex but usually the person cannot. Granted once a person goes in too deep into porn then all bets are off and odd things begin to happen. But I am talking about the initial stages of porn addiction. 

 

Also your third paragraph seems to suggest that I insinuated people who are knee deep in their porn addiction should do Mutah. Well, that is one extreme I am not sure why you went to, although nowadays it is slowly becoming a reality. But for the sake of brevity I don't assume worst case scenarios. 

 

The minority is what you are referring to. That is folks who don't have much of a sex drive still end up getting addicted to porn for various reasons. 

 

And also I don't think you understand. Instead of teaching abstinence (which anyone can tell you is unrealistic) we should teach our kids to be comfortable with their desires and to bring them up carefully so they get married young (either Mutah or permanent marriage). And also parents need to become more astute to their child's desires. As in a father should try his best to read his son's surfacing desires and a mother should do the same with her daughter. Trust me, nothing else works.

 

And that is why during the prophets time marriage was not delayed and 13 year old boys and 12 year old girls were married off as soon as their desires surfaced. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

But I am talking about the initial stages of porn addiction. 

Yeah man this was my whole point.

Mutah/marriage can help a person stay away from porn/masturbation to start with. However it certainly is not the only solution for someone who has been addicted to it for years. In this case, someone should go to a counsellor to fight his addiction.

6 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Instead of teaching abstinence (which anyone can tell you is unrealistic) we should teach our kids to be comfortable with their desires and to bring them up carefully so they get married young (either Mutah or permanent marriage).

Yeah I do agree with you that parents should have that openness with their children, to be able to discuss their child's sexual desires. However they also need to man them up and teach them how to make good conscious decisions. A parent should already warn their child of the dangers of porn and masturbation, and especially in this day and age, you can't be sure that your child will never come across porn, be it through peer pressure or whatever else.

So yeah parents should help their children as in arrange something like marriage, but also teach them abstinence and will power through instilling faith in them.

Don't you see our Imams (as) have over a thousand sayings that "don't let your desires overcome your intellect", "perfect your wisdom through fighting your desires" etc.

So you can't expect everything goes smoothly for your child, as in he finds a girl ready to do mutah the moment he hits puberty. So his willpower should be a weapon as a back up. However if a parent can arrange mutah or marriage during early teenage years, then that's great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×