Waseem162

How seriously do Sunnis take Ibn Hajr al Haythami

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alykum. Please tell.

For Me, he is a Great Scholar. Further more read:

http://www.systemoflife.com/articles/refutation/2000085-who-was-ibn-hajar-al-haytami#axzz54BATERLe

al-Tirmidhi reported that the "Qur’an and Ahlul-Bayt”version of the tradition is traced to
30+ companions. Ibn Hajar al-Haythami reported that he knows of 20+ companions
witnessed that also. This is while the "Qur’an and Sunnah”version reported by al-Hakim has
only one source!

Tradition of the Ship -

"Behold! My Ahlul-Bayt are like the Ark of Noah. Whoever embarked in it was SAVED, and
whoever turned away from it was PERISHED."

Sunni references:
1. al-Mustadrak, by al-Hakim, v2, p343, v3, pp 150-151 on the authority of Abu Dharr. al-
Hakim said this tradition is authentic (Sahih).
2. Fadha’il al-Sahaba, by Ahmad Ibn Hanbal, v2, p786
3. Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhr al-Razi, under the commentary of verse 42:23, Part 27, p167
4. al-Bazzar, on the authority of Ibn Abbas and Ibn Zubair with the wording
"drowned”instead of "perished".
5. al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p234 under Verse 8:33.
Also in section 2, p282. He said this Hadith has been transmitted via numerous authorities.
6. Tarikh al-Khulafaa and Jami’ al-Saghir, by al-Suyuti
7. al-Kabir, by al-Tabarani, v3, pp 37,38
8. al-Saghir, by al-Tabarani, v2, p22
9. Hilyatul Awliyaa, by Abu Nu’aym, v4, p306
10. al-Kuna wal Asmaa, by al-Dulabi, v1, p76
11. Yanabi al-Mawaddah, by al-Qundoozi al-Hanafi, pp 30,370

The Holy Prophet (S) repeated these words over and over again (and not merely in one
isolated instance but on several occasions) publicly to show that it is compulsory to follow
and obey the Ahlul-Bayt. He made the announcement during the Farewell Pilgrimage, on
the day of Arafat, on the day of Ghadir Khum, on the return from Ta’if, also in Medina from
the pulpit, and in his deathbed when the room was packed with his disciples, he said:
"O folk! I am soon going to depart from here, and although I have already told you, I repeat
once more that I am leaving with you two things, namely, the Book of Allah and my
descendants, that is, my Ahlul-Bayt.”Then he lifted ‘Ali by the hand and said: "Behold! this
‘Ali is with the Qur’an and the Qur’an is with him. These two shall never separate from each
other until they come to me at the Pool of Kawthar."

Sunni reference: al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar, Ch. 9, section 2

Ibn Hajar al-Haythami wrote:
"The Traditions of Adherence has been handed down through a large number of sources
and more than twenty of the disciples have related it."

He further wrote:
"Here a doubt arises, and it is that while the Tradition has come down through various
sources, some say that the words were spoken during the last pilgrimage, others that they
were spoken at Medina when he lay on his deathbed and the room was packed with his
disciples, yet another saying that he spoke these words at Ghadir Khum, or in another
Hadith, on the return from Ta’if.

But there is NO inconsistency in these, since having regards to the importance and
greatness of the Qur’an and the pure Ahlul-Bayt, and with a view of emphasizing the point
before the people, the Holy Prophet might have repeated these words on all these
occasions so that any one who had not heard them before might hear them now."

Sunni reference: al-Sawa’iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar al-Haythami, Ch. 11, section 1, p230

May Allaah sanctify the soul of al-Shaafa’i, who said when he was accused of being a Raafidi:
If being a Raafidi means loving the family of Muhammad, then let the two races (of mankind and jinn) bear witness that I am a Raafidi.

Here the Shafai who said it was "Ibn Hajar al Haythami".

Many Ahl Sunnah scholars have accused him of being a Rafidhi for his writings have described the love of Ahlulbayt and obedience to them as "Wajib".

7 minutes ago, Waseem162 said:
May Allaah sanctify the soul of al-Shaafa’i, who said when he was accused of being a Raafidi:
If being a Raafidi means loving the family of Muhammad, then let the two races (of mankind and jinn) bear witness that I am a Raafidi.

Here the Shafai who said it was "Ibn Hajar al Haythami".

Many Ahl Sunnah scholars have accused him of being a Rafidhi for his writings have described the love of Ahlulbayt and obedience to them as "Wajib".

Yup, Love for Ahlul Bayt is Wajib. Who said It is not Wajib? :grin:

9 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

Yup, Love for Ahlul Bayt is Wajib. Who said It is not Wajib? :grin:

Salamun Alykum warahmatullah brother :) Hope you are doing fine. May Allah guide us all to the Path of Salvation.

The question is What do you mean when you say "Their love is Wajib"?

Just now, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alykum warahmatullah brother :) Hope you are doing fine. May Allah guide us all to the Path of Salvation.

The question is What do you mean when you say "Their love is Wajib"?

Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullah <3 Brother. I mean a Muslim who do not love Ahlul Bayt (I dont know will he become Kaafir or not) will become Biddati or Khawarij (A Muslim who is out of the fold of Islam).

1 hour ago, Shah Khan said:

Walaikum Assalam Warahmatullah <3 Brother. I mean a Muslim who do not love Ahlul Bayt (I dont know will he become Kaafir or not) will become Biddati or Khawarij (A Muslim who is out of the fold of Islam).

You are saying the consequence of the love. I am asking what do you mean by saying "Love". What do you mean by "Mawaddah"? and once you know the meaning of love then you will understand why Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى has made it obligatory on Muslims to love them.