Musa Raza

Religious Studies

Hello, my wife was Christian before and I made her Shia Muslim. Now Alhamdulilah we have a daughter. I am concerned about her religious education. And I want to make my mind prepare to send her to Iran for religious education. But I don't know anything about it. If someone kindly guide me about some schools, and from how much age possible to study their. And how much is fee of education their. As I am not many wealthy. So it matters for me. I will be thankful to all for guiding us. 

Do you want to teach her religion or culture? If she is young, it's very bad idea to send her away. Daughters need protection of parents, especially protection of mothers. You can teach her religion at home and send her later when she is older. People in Iran are not perfect Muslims or saints. You will do a great injustice to your daughter if you give her to strangers. She will probably develop resentment towards her parents and that won't be good for her faith. What will she learn in Iran that she cannot learn while living with you?  If you are in US, send her to Sunday school at the islamic center. 

Edited by rkazmi33

On 1/15/2018 at 8:11 PM, rkazmi33 said:

Do you want to teach her religion or culture? If she is young, it's very bad idea to send her away. Daughters need protection of parents, especially protection of mothers. You can teach her religion at home and send her later when she is older. People in Iran are not perfect Muslims or saints. You will do a great injustice to your daughter if you give her to strangers. She will probably develop resentment towards her parents and that won't be good for her faith. What will she learn in Iran that she cannot learn while living with you?  If you are in US, send her to Sunday school at the islamic center. 

Hello actually my family is in Ukraine and I come to work in Europe for 6 months and I spend my winter with my family. I know 1 Imam Bargah in our city. Thanks for your advice and I will try to talk with them as I went their often and my Nikah was also performed their. But as I know few religious schools are here. In Russia Language we don't have many Alim and I wish one day my daughter become religious scholar... Allah Pak fulfill my wish and provide guidance. Amen...

She can study in Iran when she is adult if she decides that's what she wants. While she is young, you can read with her, talk with her about Islam, take her to majlis. If there is a school in your area, it can supplement what you teach at home, or you can hire a private tutor if there is no school, but there is no substitute for the guidance and training of a loving and knowledgeable parent.