Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam,

What are some practical ways to know the Imam of our time? As we all know that famous hadith that dying without knowing the Inam of our time is like dying a death of an ignorant person.

Is there some sort of special responsibility we have and any things we must do everyday to be a true follower of Imam Mehdi (as)

Is just researching about Imam Medhi (as) and accepting him sufficient or no?

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What are some practical ways to know the Imam of our time? As we all know that famous hadith that dying without knowing the Inam of our time is like dying a death of an ignorant person.

Is there some sort of special responsibility we have and any things we must do everyday to be a true follower of Imam Mehdi (as)

Is just researching about Imam Medhi (as) and accepting him sufficient or no?

The following links may be helpful:

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/true-followers-of-imam-mahdi.html

http://www.islamicinsights.com/religion/clergy-corner/imam-mahdis-companions.html

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/special-specifications-imam-al-mahdi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What are some practical ways to know the Imam of our time? As we all know that famous hadith that dying without knowing the Inam of our time is like dying a death of an ignorant person.

Is there some sort of special responsibility we have and any things we must do everyday to be a true follower of Imam Mehdi (as)

Is just researching about Imam Medhi (as) and accepting him sufficient or no?

Salaam Alaykum

That is a good question actually. Sunni Muslims who don't believe in presence of Imam Mahdi are the subjects of that Hadeeth. Allameh Amini asked this question from Sunni scholars, but some of them left the area.

Regarding your question, I think believing Imam Mahdi and doing obligatory duties are enough. We need to get close to him through doing obligatory duties and avoiding sins. By doing so, one will be eligible to even meet him in person. Some of our scholars like Ayatollah Ghazy, Ayatollah Bahjat, and so on used to meet Imam Mahdi. I honestly can't give you a closed form answer, but I do know that I need to believe in him and follow him by doing religious responsibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Some of our scholars like Ayatollah Ghazy, Ayatollah Bahjat, and so on used to meet Imam Mahdi.

That's interesting. I thought he was in "occultation" and while he has duties that he performs, I was under the impression that it does not include coming in direct contact with living human beings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

That's interesting. I thought he was in "occultation" and while he has duties that he performs, I was under the impression that it does not include coming in direct contact with living human beings?

Everyone who is eligible to meet him, will meet him. Jayad Maleky Tabrizy used to meet Imam Mahdi. 

One scholar told me in Iran:" When Mahdi appears, people say I saw this man before". He is living between us, but we don't know him because of our sins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Everyone who is eligible to meet him, will meet him. Jayad Maleky Tabrizy used to meet Imam Mahdi. 

One scholar told me in Iran:" When Mahdi appears, people say I saw this man before". He is living between us, but we don't know him because of our sins.

I think no one can see Imam Mehdi(as) in physical form no matter how pious he/she may be.

I remember Ammar Nakashwani was asked this question and he said that a pious scholar can see Imam Mehdi (as) in a sense of inspiration, but not physically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2018 at 10:17 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

What are some practical ways to know the Imam of our time? As we all know that famous hadith that dying without knowing the Inam of our time is like dying a death of an ignorant person.

It's not dying the death of a jahil (ignorant person), it's dying of jahiliyya, so like the mushrik Arabs.

So it is the death of kufr. And this is in sahih hadith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I think no one can see Imam Mehdi(as) in physical form no matter how pious he/she may be.

I remember Ammar Nakashwani was asked this question and he said that a pious scholar can see Imam Mehdi (as) in a sense of inspiration, but not physically.

 

Actually it is not correct. I read in my religion book at high school in Iran that Imam Zaman lives among people, but people don't know him. Ayatollah Bahjat and Ayatollah Javad Maleky Tabrizi and others used to meet Imam Zaman physically during their life. Not only Maraji, but also some ordinary people who work on themselves also used to meet Imam Zaman. Panahyan, religious lecturer in Iran, said that Imam Zaman used to to be guest of an ordinary guy who used to live in a dated cottage.

Imam Zaman lives among us, but we don't know him because of our sins. Amiralmuminin said in Nahjulbalaghah that a leader of Islamic society must be in access of people. If Imam Zaman is not in access of people, then he violated one of the words of Imam Ali. We all know that Imam Zaman is Masom, so he must be in physical contact with other people. I read that Imam Zaman lives among people, but people don't know him. It shows the depth of loneliness of our Imam that his followers don't know who he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Actually it is not correct. I read in my religion book at high school in Iran that Imam Zaman lives among people, but people don't know him. Ayatollah Bahjat and Ayatollah Javad Maleky Tabrizi and others used to meet Imam Zaman physically during their life. Not only Maraji, but also some ordinary people who work on themselves also used to meet Imam Zaman. Panahyan, religious lecturer in Iran, said that Imam Zaman used to to be guest of an ordinary guy who used to live in a dated cottage.

Imam Zaman lives among us, but we don't know him because of our sins. Amiralmuminin said in Nahjulbalaghah that a leader of Islamic society must be in access of people. If Imam Zaman is not in access of people, then he violated one of the words of Imam Ali. We all know that Imam Zaman is Masom, so he must be in physical contact with other people. I read that Imam Zaman lives among people, but people don't know him. It shows the depth of loneliness of our Imam that his followers don't know who he is.

So then how exactly did he disappear? Didn't his enemies try to kill him, then something along the lines of how Allah raised Jesus a.s occurred; i.e. occultation? If so, when did he return and doesn't his absence imply he was not always physically accessible to the people? I am sure he can be accessible via other means, like how those who died in the way of Allah are 'alive'.

Edited by dragonxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

Everyone who is eligible to meet him, will meet him. Jayad Maleky Tabrizy used to meet Imam Mahdi. 

One scholar told me in Iran:" When Mahdi appears, people say I saw this man before". He is living between us, but we don't know him because of our sins.

I am not very learned and so I am not familiar with a lot of the scholars you mention, hence due to my ignorance their opinions are currently irrelevant to me; any hadiths that mention these occurrences?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

So then how exactly did he disappear? Didn't his enemies try to kill him, then something along the lines of how Allah raised Jesus a.s occurred; i.e. occultation? If so, when did he return and doesn't his absence imply he was not always physically accessible to the people? I am sure he can be accessible via other means, like how those who died in the way of Allah are 'alive'.

The story of how I am Zaman became disappear is something known. I don't know what is your religion, but we believe Jesus also disappeared. He was never killed. It's in the Quran.

Imam Zaman lives among people. When people don't know him, all think that he is an ordinary person. He is among us, but we don't know who he is. Those people who visit Imam Zaman never tell other people. Ayatollah Bahjat used to say:" Someone met Imam Mahdi ATFS ...", but all people know that person that he is talking about is himself.

Jesus also disappeared, and he will be back. I don't have that much knowledge about Jesus, so I don't comment on it.

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dragonxx said:

I am not very learned and so I am not familiar with a lot of the scholars you mention, hence due to my ignorance their opinions are currently irrelevant to me; any hadiths that mention these occurrences?

Amiralmuminin said:" My right hand to God that Imam of the time is present among people. He passes by people on streets and malls. He comes into their houses. He travels to West and East side of the world. He hears people words. He enters their gatherings and say Salaam to them. He sees people".

This Hadeeth shows the physical presence of Imam among people. I read this Hadeeth at my religion class back in Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sumerian said:

It's not dying the death of a jahil (ignorant person), it's dying of jahiliyya, so like the mushrik Arabs.

So it is the death of kufr. And this is in sahih hadith.

Ahmad b. Idris from Muhammad b. `Abd al-Jabbar from Safwan from al-Fudayl from al-Harith b. al-Mughira. 

He said: I said to Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: Whoever dies without recognizing his Imam dies the death of jahiliyya. He said: Yes [this is correct]. I said: Is it a jahiliyya of the ignorant, or a jahiliyya of one who does not recognize his Imam? He said: A jahiliyya of disbelief, hypocrisy, and error. (al-Kafi, Volume 1, hadith 970) 

(sahih) (صحيح)
 
Edited by Sumerian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×