Alien Hunter

Ahmadiyyas seem to be Muslims

Rate this topic

Salam Alaikum

I recently extensively researched about Ahmadiyya sect founded by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Though mainstream Muslims will insist and so did I that they are infidel, I am starting to feel that they may still be counted as Muslims. The reason Ahmadiyyas are called infidel is their professing Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as a prophet. But what is interesting is that they firmly believe that Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) is the last and final Law-bearing prophet. His Law (Sharia) and the Quran with its entirety will ever remain valid until Qiamah and none can abrogate them. Yes, in contrast to the mainstream Muslims they believe prophets can come even after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) but they also believe all prophets after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) must be a follower of Mohammedan Law. The new subordinate prophet will only act as a reviver (Mujaddid) for Islam.

In fact apart from their professing propherhood after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) they are very much alike ordinary Sunni Muslims. They affirm shahadah and profess fundamentals of religion (Usul Al-Deen) and follow all the necessities of religion (Wujub Al-deen). In Fiqh or jurisprudence they are mostly similar to Hanafi school. They are very much different from Bahai, Agha Khanis, Alawites, Alevis, Druze etc. who abandoned fundamental beliefs and necessary actions of religion Islam.

So what do you think guys, can we consider them Muslims or their peculiar and distinct belief about prophethood renders them infidel?

:salam:

In short, two movements of Ahmadis, one claiming Mirza Ghulam attained prophethood, and another (Ahmadis movement of Lahore) claim he was not a prophet but was the Mahdi. 

To me that makes one kafir and one group astray but who am I to speak...

On 1/14/2018 at 6:07 PM, Alien Hunter said:

Salam Alaikum

I recently extensively researched about Ahmadiyya sect founded by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. Though mainstream Muslims will insist and so did I that they are infidel, I am starting to feel that they may still be counted as Muslims. The reason Ahmadiyyas are called infidel is their professing Mirza Ghulam Ahmad as a prophet. But what is interesting is that they firmly believe that Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) is the last and final Law-bearing prophet. His Law (Sharia) and the Quran with its entirety will ever remain valid until Qiamah and none can abrogate them. Yes, in contrast to the mainstream Muslims they believe prophets can come even after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) but they also believe all prophets after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) must be a follower of Mohammedan Law. The new subordinate prophet will only act as a reviver (Mujaddid) for Islam.

In fact apart from their professing propherhood after Muhammad (Peace be upon him and household) they are very much alike ordinary Sunni Muslims. They affirm shahadah and profess fundamentals of religion (Usul Al-Deen) and follow all the necessities of religion (Wujub Al-deen). In Fiqh or jurisprudence they are mostly similar to Hanafi school. They are very much different from Bahai, Agha Khanis, Alawites, Alevis, Druze etc. who abandoned fundamental beliefs and necessary actions of religion Islam.

So what do you think guys, can we consider them Muslims or their peculiar and distinct belief about prophethood renders them infidel?

Hello, 

Are you an Ahmadi?

On ۱۳۹۶/۱۰/۲۴ at 9:37 PM, Alien Hunter said:

Salam Alaikum

They aren’t infidel but they lost the true way.