Chaotic Muslem

Omer bin AbdulAziz Economic Policy

Rate this topic

So it seems that history wrote that Bani Ommayiah stole money from Muslims until the whole ummah was poor. This piece of Info and its details are usually mentioned in the virtues of Omer bin Abdul Aziz virtues and his policies to fix the economy.

Among the enhancements that were implemented was prohibiting the governors and government employees to do monopolies of national assets and wealth. In addition, the caliph also forbade the governors and government officials to confiscate and seize the people’s assets unjustly [5]. Properties that were confiscated unjustly before he enforces the law were reinstated to the original owners. He investigated and makes it public so that people who were oppressed before will come forward to reclaim their properties. However, if the identity of the owners remained unknown, the properties are to be owned and used properly for the people [6].

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/baitulmal-management-during-the-reign-of-caliph-umar-ibn-abdul-aziz-2151-6200-1000111.php?aid=59227

According to my limited knowledge, Umar bin Abdul Aziz is/was a legend. I really don't care about the actual consequences of his policy making except that his intentions appear to be sincere after viewing history in its entirety. 

1 hour ago, Abbas. said:

According to my limited knowledge, Umar bin Abdul Aziz is/was a legend. I really don't care about the actual consequences of his policy making except that his intentions appear to be sincere after viewing history in its entirety. 

people who enjoy social studies care about his policies.