Jin Jin

Kashmir

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, TheGreenWanderer said:

As-salaam alaikum

Kashmir looks stunningly beautiful, masha'Allah!

I'll travel there next year, insha'Allah, but I don't know if I will make it to Indian occupied Kashmir - apparently they don't let Pakistani's in and that's what my travel partner is.

Wailaikum asalam, which country are you from?

One of the most beautiful places in the world, snow clad mountains, lush green meadows. Unfortunately this paradise has been turned into hell by two nuclear powers India & Pakistan. 

Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast,
Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast.

English Translation
If there is a paradise on earth,
It is this, it is this, it is this

19 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l wrote a paper on Kashmir as an independent study in college. The library had some books and travelogues (with academic applicable info).

l would like to see Srinagar and a couple of other places.

Where are you from? If you only have a Pakistani passport then forget about visiting Srinagar but if you are a dual citizen then there is a chance. 

19 hours ago, Jin Jin said:

How?

When the resistance against India got armed in 1989, it was headed by two groups with totally different goals. One being JKLF ( pro independence ) & the other was HM ( pro Pakistan ). This led to infighting between these two groups which became one of the main reasons for the failure of this armed resistance.

Pakistani army & the civilian government has never been on the same page when it comes to kashmir. Army needs kashmir to justify the necessity of spending 22% of the budget on defence. If the relations between two countries improve the biggest losers will be the Pakistani army. 

1998 Lahore declaration, a peace treaty between the two countries. In 1999 we have the Kargil war.

India, Afghanistan, trukmanistan & Pakistan sign a joint agreement for a gas pipeline as well as talks in relation to kashmir. Indian embassy in Kabul was attacked in Kabul.

Manmohan Singh & Zardari announce cross LOC trade in the month of October. Mumbai attack happens in month of November. 

In 2016 when modi visited Pakistan a week later an Airforce base was attacked in Punjab.

The relations were relatively better during Musharrafs rule, Pakistani army has become too big of a cat for any civilian government to bell it. 

Keep in mind I despise Indian government more than anything. 

15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l'm muslim-usa

Then you should plan a trip to India & then kashmir, most of the well known tourist attractions of India are in the north. Taj Mahal, Delhi etc. 

Not only does Kashmir offer beautiful landscapes but some of the best curries on the planet. 

Wazwan is a 36 course meal. 

@Ali Al Kashmiri I don't know that much bro, I m not in intelligence lol, belonging to the other half of country, azad Kashmir.there are some things we should atleast be fair about, although no country is perfect.Though there are good bad people in every country but when you are seen by the people as a part of a country is good feeling. Pakistan gave not only properties to the emigrants in cities like jhang but gives people monthly allowances and other services.and the army is the one who helped us in many tuff situations including the 2005 horrible earthquake.although if Kashmir would have been free it would have been better and a lot of tourism.

21 hours ago, Jin Jin said:

@Ali Al Kashmiri I don't know that much bro, I m not in intelligence lol, belonging to the other half of country, azad Kashmir.there are some things we should atleast be fair about, although no country is perfect.Though there are good bad people in every country but when you are seen by the people as a part of a country is good feeling. Pakistan gave not only properties to the emigrants in cities like jhang but gives people monthly allowances and other services.and the army is the one who helped us in many tuff situations including the 2005 horrible earthquake.although if Kashmir would have been free it would have been better and a lot of tourism.

There is no such thing as absolute good or absolute evil. Not every Indian army soldier deployed in kashmir is a rapist. Saudi Arabia gives a lot of money to poor Muslim countries does that make it a great country? No, the evil they have spread outweighs the good they do. 

How are Shias on your side doing? What is % of Shias your side ? Are you allowed to practice your faith freely ? 

On 1/13/2018 at 9:22 PM, Jin Jin said:

I think kashmir is a beautiful place