yashia

Shia Contribution To Palestine

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

Salam, 

There are people who do not acknowledge and are not aware of the Shia contribution and assistance to the country of Palestine. 

Could you please spend a moment of your time to discuss and list the answer to this important topic. 

Thank you w JazakAllah Kheir. 

hqdefault.jpg

Wasalam

I watched a video where Sunnis in Gaza were supportive of Iran and Shi’a contribution and those in West Bank were ignorant toward shi’a and hold negative views of Iran but remained supportive of militant Sunni groups, it doesn’t make sense. Shi’a have spilt blood to save the nation of Palestine yet many in the Muslim ummah still hate and claim shi’a are not Muslim. 

Ya Nasrallah! Ya Khamenei! 

12 hours ago, Wholehearted Shi'a said:

Wasalam

I watched a video where Sunnis in Gaza were supportive of Iran and Shi’a contribution and those in West Bank were ignorant toward shi’a and hold negative views of Iran but remained supportive of militant Sunni groups, it doesn’t make sense. Shi’a have spilt blood to save the nation of Palestine yet many in the Muslim ummah still hate and claim shi’a are not Muslim. 

Ya Nasrallah! Ya Khamenei! 

Palestinians are some of the most anti-Shi'a people according to certain polls, to the point where only a minority of them believe Shi'a are Muslim. And they have very unfavourable views towards Iran, as views from the Arab world towards Iran dipped greatly after the conflict in Syria.

The Arab world is fed anti-Shi'a and anti-Iranian conspiracy theories on a daily basis, the top comments on social media, most popular news story analyses, and the biggest and most watched talk shows all push the anti-Iran propaganda and talk about about how there is an Israeli-Iranian-American super alliance against the Sunnis and the Arab world and how Daesh is an Iranian-Assadist creation.

Views on Shi'a [subtitle: Acceptance of Shia]

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/08/09/the-worlds-muslims-unity-and-diversity-5-religious-identity/#acceptance-of-shias

Views on Iran:

http://www.pewglobal.org/2015/06/18/irans-global-image-mostly-negative/

Palestinians are also very pro-Saddam, just look at the huge mourning that happened in Gaza and the West Bank (some seemingly organised by Hamas) when Saddam died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/30/AR2006123001231_pf.html

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6700706

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3346238,00.html

Also, Saddam has a statue in the West Bank and it calls him a martyr.

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/palestinian-activists-build-monument-to-saddam-hussein/amp

Edited by Sumerian

I agree with @Sumerian that Palestinian Sunnis are mainly nawasib unfortunately. However I know my mother took english classes with a Palestinian when she first came to Canada, and the Palestinian was talking on and on about how great Khomeini is. Guess there's a range of opinions.

I think Lebanese Sunnis are more favourable to Hezbollah from my regular conversations with my favourite sunni shawarma guy. The polls there also suggest that most support Hezbollah I think.

7 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

I think Lebanese Sunnis are more favourable to Hezbollah from my regular conversations with my favourite sunni shawarma guy. The polls there also suggest that most support Hezbollah I think.

Unfortunately not... ever since Syria they lost the Lebanese Sunni support.

To your surprise, Lebanese Christians are more pro-Saudi than pro-Iran, that's how much propaganda is fed to the Arab world.

Erdogan is probably the most popular leader in the Arab world.

Edited by Sumerian

18 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Unfortunately not... ever since Syria they lost the Lebanese Sunni support.

To your surprise, Lebanese Christians are more pro-Saudi than pro-Iran, that's how much propaganda is fed to the Arab world.

Erdogan is probably the most popular leader in the Arab world.

Wow really... I guess all the 2006 fervor died down. Though if Palestine is still very anti-shia then why are they re-establishing ties with Iran? 

I think we should be wary of anti-Palestine sentiments emerging from Shias. The Palestinian cause is one about justice, and should not be embroiled into such things. Most Sunnis don't have positive views about Shias, let us just put it that way. However, they are Muslims, and above that they are severely oppressed against an establishment we all should intellectually oppose. 

In short: We the Shia of Ali ibn Abi Talib, will never remain silent about the cause of Palestine. 

1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I think we should be wary of anti-Palestine sentiments emerging from Shias. The Palestinian cause is one about justice, and should not be embroiled into such things. Most Sunnis don't have positive views about Shias, let us just put it that way. However, they are Muslims, and above that they are severely oppressed against an establishment we all should intellectually oppose. 

In short: We the Shia of Ali ibn Abi Talib, will never remain silent about the cause of Palestine. 

Where I would draw the line is if the lives of Shia are in danger. The hadith's say that whoever opposes the Shia is a Nasibi, so if we are funding groups which oppose Shia, then we are funding the Nawasib!

Also, although the Palestinians are oppressed why do some of these groups like Hamas for example fire on civilians? I've even seen in their "music videos" on youtube showing women in houses which have had the sides blown off from bombs, firing on civilian buildings, etc. I agree with a violent resistance against Israel but firing on women and children is a crime in Islam, is it not? 

45 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Where I would draw the line is if the lives of Shia are in danger. The hadith's say that whoever opposes the Shia is a Nasibi, so if we are funding groups which oppose Shia, then we are funding the Nawasib!

Also, although the Palestinians are oppressed why do some of these groups like Hamas for example fire on civilians? I've even seen in their "music videos" on youtube showing women in houses which have had the sides blown off from bombs, firing on civilian buildings, etc. I agree with a violent resistance against Israel but firing on women and children is a crime in Islam, is it not? 

Most of them are ignorant, like many common sunnis that have bad opinion about Shias. After showing them the truth, they truly could change and will not even consider such person a nasibi. This case have happened before  in time of Muawiyah and his false manipulating syrian people ageinst Ahlulbait (as). We as shia should always repel evil with goodness and always be among those who help in cause of Ummah and not divide it or cause hatred or fitna. 

Edited by Dhulfikar