Hamodiii

Shia and Christians

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

No, Jesus is not God. There is one God

That's a better idea than the rest of the Christian's.

Now next step, what makes you to not believe in next messenger of God after Jesus?

10 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I think both of  side be a little calmer @Arminmo this is not a Dawah forum be calm a little the shia duty is to give enlightenment to others not brute convincing other people & @Son of Placid we respect to your point of view consider it as difference between generations that we expect to do everything it very fast let’s talk each other more respectfully :grin:

already we have a common point that God (Allah) is one & Jesus has divine  connection to him so it is better to skip these two issues & continue on other matters.

These two issues can be seen in almost every post regardless of topic. I'm sure the OPs intention was to view the similarities of the religions, but it's very rare we ever get there. It only takes one divisive spirit to sidetrack it into the  Here we go again. 

I'm thinking there's one way to make it happen...

10 hours ago, Arminmo said:

That's a better idea than the rest of the Christian's.

Now next step, what makes you to not believe in next messenger of God after Jesus?

It's not an idea. 

How many steps are there? Is there a program? Do I get fixed at the end?

Who's to say I don't believe Muhammad was a messenger? Muhammad's fight wasn't with Christians, his fight was with idolatry.

Tell me, what has Muhammad brought that Jesus didn't?   Not talking churches or beliefs or hoops, most basic teaching.

What did Muhammad give that Jesus did not? 

What made Muhammad's message different therefore better? 

33 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

It's not an idea. 

How many steps are there? Is there a program? Do I get fixed at the end?

Who's to say I don't believe Muhammad was a messenger? Muhammad's fight wasn't with Christians, his fight was with idolatry.

Tell me, what has Muhammad brought that Jesus didn't?   Not talking churches or beliefs or hoops, most basic teaching.

God shows the path to paradise through his messangers in his holy book,

Do you have that ? No!

So how can you know you are in the right path to God ??!  No idea!

Edited by Arminmo

47 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Wow! Good questions!

31 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

God shows the path to paradise through his messangers in his holy book,

Do you have that ? No!

So how can you know you are in the right path to God ??!  No idea!

So you say...while avoiding my questions.

2 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

So you say...while avoiding my questions.

I didn't avoid your question, I clearly answered that, so again , but differently:

Tell me what's the purposes of sending prophets for humanity?

Edited by Arminmo

1 minute ago, Arminmo said:

I didn't avoid your question, I clearly answered that, so again , but differently:

Tell me what's the purposes of sending prophets for humanity?

Not sure how you think you answered any questions. 

You may have to spell it out for me, in the form of an actual response would be nice. 

11 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Not sure how you think you answered any questions. 

You may have to spell it out for me, in the form of an actual response would be nice. 

Give a one question I will give you answer.

Just now, Son of Placid said:

Go back and look for question marks in my posts. 

I went back , about what Jesus brought,

Where are the words that Jesus brought???? Show me!

1 hour ago, Arminmo said:

Where are the words that Jesus brought???? 

Brother,

Sorry to interrupt your beautiful discussion. 

But I think the Sermon on the Mount sums up the same teachings as the Quran.

And it sounds reasonable to assume that all prophets had the same teachings because they all came from God.

That saying you copied was in gospel of Matthew. And here we go with this one:

Wikipedia gospel of Matthew:

"The author of Matthew did not, however, simply copy Mark."

Now what????

On 2/3/2018 at 11:30 PM, IloveImamHussain said:

Brother,

Sorry to interrupt your beautiful discussion. 

But I think the Sermon on the Mount sums up the same teachings as the Quran.

And it sounds reasonable to assume that all prophets had the same teachings because they all came from God.

Quran 61:6

And [mention] when Jesus, the son of Mary, said, "O children of Israel, indeed I am the messenger of Allah to you confirming what came before me of the Torah and bringing good tidings of a messenger to come after me, whose name is Ahmad." But when he came to them with clear evidences, they said, "This is obvious magic."

Brother, can you show me where the word "ahmad" is in the book that you named?????

However,when we look in Gospel of John 16:7 :

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the 
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.   
Paracletos 
is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise 
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet     
Muhammad (pbuh).

That's why I asked the Cristian guy to show the "enjeel" untouched Bible, but you intervened in my discussion.

On 2/7/2018 at 7:22 PM, Arminmo said:

That's why I asked the Cristian guy to show the "enjeel" untouched Bible, but you intervened in my discussion.

The nerve of some people, hacking in to your high jacked public thread. The reason I didn't mention it is because you would bash it like everything else. 

Considering you brush off everything, there's not much use going into anything.

Then again, you want to prove these passed scriptures you speak against include Muhammad. Are you sure you want to do that? If these scriptures are so corrupt, what does it say for Muhammad? Not to mention the grasping at straws.

In order to look like you know something you copy/paste...big deal. We can all go to garbage web sites, we don't have to wait for you.

Have you checked the references for relevance or just hoped it says everything you want it to? 

I think a more intriguing question is who people believe the Mahdi will go after when he comes? And what will be the fate of the agnostics and the atheists and secular people?

On 2018-02-09 at 7:04 PM, lola20 said:

I think a more intriguing question is who people believe the Mahdi will go after when he comes? And what will be the fate of the agnostics and the atheists and secular people?

They will be told the truth, he won't just come for the Shias, he will come to save all humanity, just like our prophet came for the whole humanity! He was sent as a mercy to the humankind... Do you really think he will come and slaughter everyone? It's only whom fight him, and stay in their disbelief, then that is when he will fight.

On 2/9/2018 at 11:37 AM, Son of Placid said:

Are you sure you want to do that? If these scriptures are so corrupt, what does it say for Muhammad?

What we are saying is that, even from corrupted scriptures that you have, signs of Ahmad is still in there, but you don’t want to pay attention to it.

Edited by Arminmo

Honestly, yes. I am really not trying to disrespect anyone here but it seems to me that that people believe he will come and kill or stamp down anyone who isn't a Shia Muslim, which is obviously most people. So what is the fate of people who (God forbid) don't want to convert? Do people have the right to be non-Muslim when the Mahdi comes? What does a global Shia Muslim state look like? Will diversity of thought and civil dissent (I.e. Nonviolent criticism or rejection of the deen) be allowed? What do you believe? 

Candid questioner seeking candid answers. 

2 hours ago, lola20 said:

Honestly, yes. I am really not trying to disrespect anyone here but it seems to me that that people believe he will come and kill or stamp down anyone who isn't a Shia Muslim, which is obviously most people. So what is the fate of people who (God forbid) don't want to convert? Do people have the right to be non-Muslim when the Mahdi comes? What does a global Shia Muslim state look like? Will diversity of thought and civil dissent (I.e. Nonviolent criticism or rejection of the deen) be allowed? What do you believe? 

Candid questioner seeking candid answers. 

Those questions are questions we can't answer, you can't try to predict the future, all we know is Allah is just, and he will command Imam Mahdi to be just towards the people. We believe there will come a time where just will only be in the air, the woman will walk alone, without anything touching her, even the lion won't attack her.