Hamodiii

Shia and Christians

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Since when you praise a christian that suggests path to god is not clear??

The group represents the best jews among them, orthodox jews.

its better to be politically correct than to stick to the truth for some... 

His relations with God is not your business or mine.

So what happens to یَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَ یَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْکَر

you don’t want to tell him the truth? He is not in the right path! You know it, they commit almost all the sins, they don’t mention name of god for preparing the meat, usually they eat pork, usually they had sex out of marriage, mostly they drink alcohol, you call that a good a relation with god ??

also , when you know path to god is clear why instead of correcting him you praise his wrong idea?

And as long as you live, they long for your company."

Also hazrat Amir does not need nonbelievers company!!! , it’s against word of Quran, 

think about it, that Hadith is only for Muslims.

dont use it here in that praising situation.

This person kept talking to him

He was talking with him, not being his company, it’s against word of Quran.

Sorry, it is for all human beings.

No that Hadith is only for Muslims, otherwise it would be against word of Allah.

Quran 5:51

O you who have believed, do not take the Jews and the Christians as allies. They are [in fact] allies of one another. And whoever is an ally to them among you - then indeed, he is [one] of them. Indeed, Allah guides not the wrongdoing people.

Hazrat Ali:”Honesty is Divine language.” 

You should say the Haq no matter what,

you praised (tricked) the Christian guy, without telling him path to god is clear.

# 1 You are wrong to think that that hadith is for Muslims only.

# 2 I praised his post because it was beautifully written.

If you didn't like it, that is not my problem.

#3 Sorry, I don't have the time to engage in unending conversations.  

#4 So, good-bye and keep well. 

Let me do my numbering’s also:

#1 that hadith is only for Muslims , otherwise it would be against word of Allah.

#2 next time when you want to praise someone’s post, read it first, then if it was the truth praise it.

#3 try not to trick and say the Haq no matter what.

#4 don’t say his wrong relation with god is nobodies business! That’s wrong !

#5 goodbye and keep well.

@Son of Placid You had me when you said you're 60. Anyway I guess since I used to be a christian who when she was introduced to islam and logic that falls behind it i fell in love with it and became a muslim, and when i discovered ahlulbayt i fell in love even more and i became steadfast, especially how they talk about Jesus with so much admiration respect and high regard, i expect of others to do the same as me. But like you said, God grants people different paths and I'm extremely and eternally grateful for the gift He gave me.

12 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I'm a case, lol. Don't be surprised if my path is different than yours.  My entire life has been different than yours, and I've been at it for 60 years.

For the most part, Shia come to me with what's wrong with Christianity, and therefore must be wrong with me. Rarely do I see positive points, even on Shia and Christian posts ;) .

Hi not everything about Christianity but we know Shia Islam as a better way for obeying God.

14 hours ago, Arminmo said:

So what happens to یَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَ یَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنْکَر

you don’t want to tell him the truth? He is not in the right path! You know it, they commit almost all the sins, they don’t mention name of god for preparing the meat, usually they eat pork, usually they had sex out of marriage, mostly they drink alcohol, you call that a good a relation with god ??

also , when you know path to god is clear why instead of correcting him you praise his wrong idea?

Yeah, I realize it's part of your curriculum, but I would have a tough time becoming a Muslim if I had to take on such an ignorant prejudice.  As far as I'm concerned, it's reason enough. 

Y'know, I wouldn't care if my meat was killed by a Muslim who practiced halal to a T. I wouldn't care if that meat went from that Muslim to a Jewish rabbi to be kosherized. When that meat, or bread, or veggies, or whatever hits my table, before it is touched we pray. When the grandchildren are here, everybody holds hands and we pray.

Actually, halal is not so likely to happen because true halal practice is illegal in NA. 

Then we break out the whiskey and swap women. 

15 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Since when you praise a christian that suggests path to god is not clear??

The group represents the best jews among them, orthodox jews.

Your path is clear, you've been taught all the motions, all the positions, all the opinions, and told you don't need more, the real world will conform. Everybody else is wrong and a pin [Edited Out] on the genealogy of religion is the one and only way. I have heard that in one Baptist church, talking about another Baptist church. The arrogance is overwhelming. You are taught that the worst Muslim is better than the best Christian, fed disgusting reasons why you should look down on them, then told to be humble and compassionate to all men. From that background the best you can do is patronize. 

What's on your path for tomorrow(s)? 

The group represents 200 people who couldn't abide by Canadian laws bordering on child abuse, so they moved to Guatemala. What part of that is the best? Is it the woman's dress that makes a religion?

15 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

before it is touched we pray.

Whose the god? Jesus? What’s the the relation of Jesus with god? Is he son of god?

did god come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins??

which division of whole wrong Christianity do you practice?

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

You are taught that the worst Muslim is better than the best Christian,

Hi we don’t think so I recommend you to watch the video on above post for better understanding of this issue

15 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Actually, halal is not so likely to happen because true halal practice is illegal in NA. 

Quran 4:97

Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination.

thats an excuse that god wont accept from you judgment day!!

[Mod Note: Excessively large fonts were reduced in size.]

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note

11 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Quran 4:97

Indeed, those whom the angels take [in death] while wronging themselves - [the angels] will say, "In what [condition] were you?" They will say, "We were oppressed in the land." The angels will say, "Was not the earth of Allah spacious [enough] for you to emigrate therein?" For those, their refuge is Hell - and evil it is as a destination.

thats an excuse that god wont accept from you judgment day!!

[Mod Note: Excessively large fonts were reduced in size.]

I read that looking for relevance. 

Edited by Hameedeh
Mod Note in the quote.

12 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Whose the god? Jesus? What’s the the relation of Jesus with god? Is he son of god?

did god come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins??

which division of whole wrong Christianity do you practice?

Who's the God???  Really? Obviously you don't read my posts, nor the Quran. You hang on to your ignorance like a lifeline. You hope I am enough Christian you can hate. You wish to condemn me for every sin on earth you believe you are entitled to in Heaven. The problem is, you don't have a clue and you don't care. It's all the same, it's not your brand of islam, so they may as well be worshiping the devil. I see that goes for other brands of Islam as well. If you are Shia, it's only on the surface. 

In reference to your loud post...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

11 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Hi we don’t think so I recommend you to watch the video on above post for better understanding of this issue

Here's the other thing about cross posting in SC. You and Arminmo are not of the same group, therefore vary on certain points...and I have to recognize and respect that.

Is it the distance between Iran and Texas? Iran has better coffee.

41 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Here's the other thing about cross posting in SC. You and Arminmo are not of the same group, therefore vary on certain points...and I have to recognize and respect that.

Is it the distance between Iran and Texas? Iran has better coffee.

Hi its looks like good cop bad cop game :hahaha:

Many years ago, (30ish), I was assigned to work evening shift with a Muslim fellow. At the time I had no idea what a Muslim was, evil by all reports.  All I knew is this guy took extra long lunch breaks, just after dusk. I finally went looking for him. I found him in the cab of a locomotive, (we were mechanics), he was on his knees. Caught him in the last week of Ramadan, (no idea) he invited me in. Not only was he Muslim, but spoke Arabic and some broken French, I spoke English and some broken French, but for the rest of the week we spent a lot of time in that cab together talking, praying, and worshiping together, and somehow understanding each other. During that week we exchanged our understanding of God, and although everything seemed foreign source, it was basically the same in the big picture. On our last day, I said to him, 'Do you feel that?" He said "Yes, it is the spirit of Allah come to worship with us."  and it hit me, if he could feel what I could feel then the differences in our belief sources didn't matter as much as the faith that brought us together. 

Shortly after we were separated, and I was transferred half way across Canada, we lost touch. I still have no idea what sect of Muslim he was. I don't care.

So I get to Calgary, after years the best helper I ever had was a dear Muslim. We never got to talk because I was doing 50 phone calls, 20 emails, and a dozen visits while he was dealing with an average of 210 men a day, from every town, and putting up with me. I give him all the credit for our success, he was my note book, phone book, and parts list through a (long story) time very few could keep up with. He was the man we could all aspire to be. He called me in against the heavy prejudice, but all in all, we were the best team.

I actually had to come to Shia Chat to find out we had stuff to argue about.

Here's the thing. 124,000 Prophets that none of us can name, Biblically I believe the number is said to be 144,000. Either way we can only name a few, and most we have to agree on. Where did the rest go? Did they go to remote areas, tell the same message that men messed up so bad we can't recognize it? Did the message come out so different we can't accept it? Were the demographics so different that we can't relate to it? How are we to judge? Well, Bible says, don't judge, learn, understand. If you feel it needs fixing, look to God to make your requests known.

The Jews got twelve, Muslims got twelve, the Gentiles, well, they can pick twelve, the rest? I've come to learn that a foreign message isn't always wrong just because it sounds different. Some of the religions I've studied sound so far off base, some so grotesque but in the core, behind the twisted matter and demonic influence is a belief in one God. No one religion can claim all the Prophets, most can't claim the prophets they know of to be their own. Claim and insist only one? If prophets were sent out to teach nothing more than the existence of one God, and the possibility that you have a responsibility to that one God, then the rest is up to you to find God, and become one with Him. 

Proverbs 3...Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

To believe that can only happen while praying in the direction of mecca...

7 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Who's the God???  Really? Obviously you don't read my posts, nor the Quran. You hang on to your ignorance like a lifeline. You hope I am enough Christian you can hate. You wish to condemn me for every sin on earth you believe you are entitled to in Heaven. The problem is, you don't have a clue and you don't care. It's all the same, it's not your brand of islam, so they may as well be worshiping the devil. I see that goes for other brands of Islam as well. If you are Shia, it's only on the surface. 

In reference to your loud post...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

He just trys to butter you up, I don't ! I go directly to the main point, I say the haq (truth).

I don't need to like or hate you, it's God.

Just answer this question, did God come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins? Do you believe in Trinity?

Is it a yes or a no.

Edited by Arminmo

5 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

To believe that can only happen while praying in the direction of mecca...

You are mixing things up, we have a "salaat" and a "Dua" .

Dua can be done in any directions but it is recommended to be done in direction of Mecca.

Salaat(mandatory daily praying)  should be done only in direction of Mecca.

Jews also do salaat(mandatory dailypraying) to their own holy place, 

It's just a changed religion called Christianity that doesn't have Salaat.

Edited by Arminmo

1 hour ago, Arminmo said:

He just trys to butter you up, I don't ! I go directly to the main point, I say the haq (truth).

I don't need to like or hate you, it's God.

Just answer this question, did God come down in body of Jesus to sacrifice himself for our sins? Do you believe in Trinity?

Is it a yes or a no.

No, Jesus is not God. There is one God, as I've mentioned many times, I'm not a trinitarian.

Not mixing things up. You have mandatory prayers must be in the direction of Mecca. Previous to that you were to pray salaat in the direction of Jerusalem. The Jews pray 3 times a day. Are you assuming because nobody forces a Christian to pray that they don't? 

So...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

3 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Not mixing things up. You have mandatory prayers must be in the direction of Mecca. Previous to that you were to pray salaat in the direction of Jerusalem. The Jews pray 3 times a day. Are you assuming because nobody forces a Christian to pray that they don't? 

So...What is the ripple effect of a nick on a butchers blade?

50 minutes ago, Arminmo said:

You are mixing things up, we have a "salaat" and a "Dua" .

Dua can be done in any directions but it is recommended to be done in direction of Mecca.

Salaat(mandatory daily praying)  should be done only in direction of Mecca.

Jews also do salaat(mandatory dailypraying) to their own holy place, 

It's just a changed religion called Christianity that doesn't have Salaat.

I think both of  side be a little calmer @Arminmo this is not a Dawah forum be calm a little the shia duty is to give enlightenment to others not brute convincing other people & @Son of Placid we respect to your point of view consider it as difference between generations that we expect to do everything it very fast let’s talk each other more respectfully :grin:

already we have a common point that God (Allah) is one & Jesus has divine  connection to him so it is better to skip these two issues & continue on other matters.