Rate this topic

i know everyone encounters hardship in life. i am so tired of life. so tired of everything. i have severe depression and panic attacks. im young,17, i just dont wana exist anymore. ibwish god can heal me, but i dont think he will. my life is a living hell and all i think about is not wanting to exist. i lost intreset in everything and its very hard to live. i pray 5 times a day everyday, i try to read quran everyday, but everyday seems to get worse. i feel like god has left me. someone please help me. 

Salam!

[edit] Maybe you suffer from OCD, pray Allah to remove those terrible thoughts, cause I had them as well, and I didn't follow Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, I chased donya cause of stupidity! Don't do the same as me!

Dua kumayl is very good!

Peace!

Edited by Hameedeh
[Inappropriate question was removed.]

@kawther hi :) just yesterday I listened to a talk and the speaker mentioned a quote from Nitzshe "A person that knows for what he lives,  can withstand anything in life". 

A person of faith is a person of hope. Whatever happens in your life, never forget that Allah swt is always there. He is closer to you than even the closest person in your life. You speak to him at least 5 times day,  find strength in that. 

On a more mundane note, things that generally help with depression (of course everybody's different): find yourself a hobby,  go outside for walks, spend time in good company (don't be alone),  remember the times that you were happy..... 

Don't despair the mercy of Allah! That is the second greater sin.

We all have sinned. who don't have sines

tray to do your best but never ever despair the mercy of Allah.  communicate with people. Server them and spend your money as much you can this delete sin and mistakes.

In the middle of the night shut all the lights off in a very dark room, close all doors and windows and in complete darkness prostrate in sujood and humble and cry to your Lord Allah, let out all your emotions and tell him your complete situations. He knows what is happening but loves when he hears your voice, which is why you should tell him everything. Remember Allah tests those whom he loves with harder tests than the others, and you're keeping up your salah which is a sign you're passing this test! Just know that it is a fact Allah leaves no one.

Imam Hassan tells us the distance between the heavens and the Earth is the cry of an oppressed person in Du'a.

I won't be telling the truth if I said I never felt what you were feeling now. I too was depressed a big part of my life.

What helped me was learning more about the Ahlulbayt (a). Then I started feeling guilty and so shamed of myself when I thought I had it tough. The imams had very dark and scary lives, and still kept a smile throughout their whole lives and never took their mood out on anyone.

The Prophet Muhammad (s) was being thrown at with stones, by the very people who called him The Truthful, The Trustworthy, on the day he announced prophethood. The angels said they can kill those people in the most painful way possible, but Muhammad (s) refused and told Allah to forgive them.

Just never leave your salah. Don't commit suicide, please I beg you. Right when you leave this world, you will see how your salah will get you through the difficulties of the day of Judgement. Salah is the pillar of your deen, leave that and everything else falls.

You're in my prayers.

Salaams Kawther,

I pray your condition gets better!

When I feel down, I always continue to remind myself about these 3 verses:

Remain patient, Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى is surely with you!

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِنَ الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَنْفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ ۗ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ {155}

[Yusufali 2:155] Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

الَّذِينَ إِذَا أَصَابَتْهُمْ مُصِيبَةٌ قَالُوا إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ {156}

[Yusufali 2:156] Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah We belong, and to Him is our return":-

أُولَٰئِكَ عَلَيْهِمْ صَلَوَاتٌ مِنْ رَبِّهِمْ وَرَحْمَةٌ ۖ وَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُهْتَدُونَ {157}

[Yusufali 2:157] They are those on whom (Descend) blessings from Allah, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance.

I don't usually speak about it but I have depression and anxiety. Pretty high on the scale I might add. But it's always Allah who I turn to, because I feel that's where I'm understood. After all, this is a test from him. Basically, keep trying at it. I know somtimes you get days where you are like nope I'm not bothered for anything and I can't seem to care, maybe even 80% of the time depending on how far you are in, but keep trying. Anyway everyone gave you advice on the religious side, let me give you advice on the mental health side.

See a professional about it. Just walk into your local family doctor and tell them about it. I thought it was stupid too, but sometimes just understanding the illness is enough. Knowledge is half the battle. Depending where you live this might be easy and free or not so easy and free though. Next, have someone to vent to. Should be easier for you than it is for me I imagine, society has persuaded males to keep their mouth shut about this stuff. Have a friend or a sibling or even your parents doesn't matter much. Even a random works, I default to that one most of the time, because I keep this stuff secret from my friends and family, but I doubt they'd find me here. If you need more advice ask, but this is the best option.

And lastly, never forget that Allah will take this into consideration. He is the most just after all, and this is a disability. One that destroys hopes and motivations, I'd say it's quite severe.

Edited by zerorequiiem
Forgot something

On 1/8/2018 at 2:56 PM, kawther said:

i know everyone encounters hardship in life. i am so tired of life. so tired of everything. i have severe depression and panic attacks. im young,17, i just dont wana exist anymore. ibwish god can heal me, but i dont think he will. my life is a living hell and all i think about is not wanting to exist. i lost intreset in everything and its very hard to live. i pray 5 times a day everyday, i try to read quran everyday, but everyday seems to get worse. i feel like god has left me. someone please help me. 

Salaam Alaykum

I pray for you and ask Allah to solve your problem and give you health inshaallah. Please pray for me as well. I have a problem in my life that affected everything. I do dua Tavassul everyday and work very hard to solve it, but it doesn't want to be solved. Please pray for me as well. You're in my pray.

Salam Kawther,

Unfortunately I don't have much advice to add to the above but I am really sorry that you are going through this hardship. And I just wanted to reiterate what someone else said above that please please please seek some medical help. Depression and anxiety are illnesses that you need to seek help for. Just because they cannot be physically seen does not mean that they are less serious or any less worthy of intervention so please go to your doctor. I will keep you in my duas.

Josie

On 1/20/2018 at 6:30 PM, hemsireJosie said:

Salam Kawther,

Unfortunately I don't have much advice to add to the above but I am really sorry that you are going through this hardship. And I just wanted to reiterate what someone else said above that please please please seek some medical help. Depression and anxiety are illnesses that you need to seek help for. Just because they cannot be physically seen does not mean that they are less serious or any less worthy of intervention so please go to your doctor. I will keep you in my duas.

Josie

Salam Sister! You are Ahlus Sunnah and Follower of Jafari Madhab, Both at same time. How??

Walakum Salam 

That is how I described my faith on my profile page... I have to say that as a convert I'm still (11yrs on) finding my place :)

What I mean in describing my faith in that way is that I am Sunni (not Salafi!) rather than Shia because I do not believe in some important Shia theology such as Imamate (which I think is a requirement of being/identifying as Shia). However I do follow the Jafari madhab and pray, make wudhu, etc in the way prescribed by this madhab. The reason I prefer to follow the Jafari madhab rather than any of the Sunni madhabs is because (of the issues I have looked into) I understand the logic behind the rulings more. Which makes me more confident that I am doing the right thing in following those rulings.

I know that this may be considered wrong by many Sunni and Shia but my decision to practice in this way is based in part my understanding of the fatwa of Mahmoud Shaltoot and the other part my conscious (in following what I really believe/currently understand to be true).

However, I am also aiming to increase my knowledge of 'orthodox' (vs salafi) Islam and Shia Islam further which is why I'm on this site. In doing so I am trying to remain open to my faith developing in such away that this is no longer an issue inshaAllah.

6 hours ago, sickizz said:

Shah khan, who are your favourite Islamic speakers? :D 

Dr. Zakir Naik, Ahmad Deedat, Shaykh Bin Baaz, Shaykh Assim al Hakeem, Ehsan Elahi Zaheer, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Shaykh Abdul Hakim Murad(Timoty Winter).

On 1/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, kawther said:

Hey man,

What exactly is so terrible in your life? If you don't mind going into a little detail. 

36 minutes ago, KulluNafsin said:

What about Mufti Menk?

He is also good but I don't listen to him much.

20 The Way to God and Peace

1. Tell God when doing things.

2. Think about your belongings every minute and thank God.

3. Ask God for the things you do not want to do.

4. Ask God for good things for all your acquaintances.

5. Ask God to reform your relationship with others.

6. When chatting and talking to friends and relatives, remember God and thank him........ https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.niksalehi.com%2Fdin-andishe%2F%D8%B1%D8%A7%D9%87-%D8%B1%D8%B3%DB%8C%D8%AF%D9%86-%D8%A8%D9%87-%D8%AE%D8%AF%D8%A7.html&edit-text=Imam+Sadeq+(AS)+also+said%3A+"Pardon+and+forgiveness+are+two+attributes+of+the+attributes+of+Allah+that+are+laid+down+in+the+presence+of+their+chosen+ones+in+order+to+be+fair+to+the+attributes+of+their+Creator."+(Safinah+Albahar+v+2%2C+p.+207)

http://www.niksalehi.com/din-andishe/راه-رسیدن-به-خدا.html

Life before death

Life Before Death , Fifteen Recommendations of the Late Mirza Ismail Doloabi before the Death of Immaculate Life:

1. Every time he has come to live in a journey, he has given it to Allah; soon leave him alone. 
And tell me what did you do with me? Everyone who is caught is actually a sweetheart.

2. Keep your pilgrimage, prayer, citation and your worship until the next pilgrimage, next prayer, next prayer, and next worship; bad deed, bad word, 
Fight, and so on and make it healthy to the next. If you do this, it will be permanent; 
You will be constantly in pilgrimage, prayer, prayer, and prayer.

3. If a servant of your own house, sitting and eating over the table over the years, is a terrible day. 
Tell me what to eat tomorrow? This is an insult to its owner and harassed by its owner 
he does. After a lifetime, one day God will eat, there is no room for a day when we are horrified and worried.

15 recommendations for life before death..... https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fa&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.niksalehi.com%2Fdin-andishe%2F%D8%B2%D9%86%D8%AF%DA%AF%DB%8C-%D9%82%D8%A8%D9%84-%D8%A7%D8%B2-%D9%85%D8%B1%DA%AF.html

http://www.niksalehi.com/din-andishe/زندگی-قبل-از-مرگ.html

13 hours ago, hemsireJosie said:

Walakum Salam 

That is how I described my faith on my profile page... I have to say that as a convert I'm still (11yrs on) finding my place :)

What I mean in describing my faith in that way is that I am Sunni (not Salafi!) rather than Shia because I do not believe in some important Shia theology such as Imamate (which I think is a requirement of being/identifying as Shia). However I do follow the Jafari madhab and pray, make wudhu, etc in the way prescribed by this madhab. The reason I prefer to follow the Jafari madhab rather than any of the Sunni madhabs is because (of the issues I have looked into) I understand the logic behind the rulings more. Which makes me more confident that I am doing the right thing in following those rulings.

I know that this may be considered wrong by many Sunni and Shia but my decision to practice in this way is based in part my understanding of the fatwa of Mahmoud Shaltoot and the other part my conscious (in following what I really believe/currently understand to be true).

However, I am also aiming to increase my knowledge of 'orthodox' (vs salafi) Islam and Shia Islam further which is why I'm on this site. In doing so I am trying to remain open to my faith developing in such away that this is no longer an issue inshaAllah.

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum Sister

Welcome to ShiaChat, dear.  

Would you please inform us what you see wrong with Imammat?  I would like to understand your perspective of what leads you not to follow school of Ahulbayt.

Thank you sister.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Walakum Salam sister Laayla 

Thank you for your welcome :)

My current issues with Imamate are:

-that all 12 of the Imams (AS) are considered infallible. Because of the Hadith of the cloak I believe in the purification/infallibility of Lady Fatima (AS), Imam Ali (AS), Iman Hussain (AS) and Imam Hasan (AS). but I am not convinced of the infallibility of the remaining Imams (AS). I have trouble believing that all of the prophets were infallible too (because of my understanding of the incident with Prophet Adam (AS)). I do believe that prophets are the best examples to mankind. It's just that, to me, absolute infallibility seems more of an extreme position to accept without evidence.

-Further to this, I have heard that the Imams (AS) are given a status above the Prophets (AS) and I cannot accept this either.

-I am suspicious of the Twelver Shia Hadith where the Prophet (SAWS) lists the names of the Imams (AS) including those after Imam Hussain (AS) because had the names of all the prophets been known then I don't understand why Imam Jafar al Sidiq (AS) declared one successor and then another. I also don't understand why there would be different Shia sects claiming to follow different Imams if this Hadith were in existence early on.

•I have heard the argument that the purpose of continuation of Imams was to protect the religion. But it seems like if that is the case it hasn't worked as the vast majority of Muslims are Sunni and the 12th Imam has gone into occultation and so we are in a time of no Imam anyway.

If I have any of my information incorrect I apologise and I am open to any correction/clarification you may be able to offer.

(Although perhaps a new thread should be started?)