Rate this topic

بسمه تعالى وتقدس

السلام عليكم

I have heard that Al-Sahifa Al-Sajjadiya is a political book in disguise. Can someone shed light on whether it is true or not? And if it is, could someone post references and resources?

How could that be?

Our pure imams of Ahlulbayt (as) have nothing in their intention but to benefit us.

The book by Imam Sajjad (a) is a gem in literature, no where near the Quran but by far it is an amazing book filled with amazing duas, which will help you get closer to Allah and attain a high spiritual level.

Imam Sajjad (as) wrote this book at a time where people had forgotten the spiritual message of Islam. People had become worse than animals without realizing their potential.

It's so amazing how Imam Sajjad (as) spoke to every one of us through his duas.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

1 hour ago, Hussaini624 said:

How could that be?

Our pure imams of Ahlulbayt (as) have nothing in their intention but to benefit us.

The book by Imam Sajjad (a) is a gem in literature, no where near the Quran but by far it is an amazing book filled with amazing duas, which will help you get closer to Allah and attain a high spiritual level.

How would it not benefit us if it's a political book? Politics is alive in every generation.

7 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

How would it not benefit us if it's a political book? Politics is alive in every generation.

Getting closer to Allah > Politics

Politics is important, and religion should have politics, but why would Sahifa Sajadiyyah be a political book? It's a book filled with duas to get closer to the All-knowing Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى

4 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

Getting closer to Allah > Politics

Politics is important, and religion should have politics, but why would Sahifa Sajadiyyah be a political book? It's a book filled with duas to get closer to the All-knowing Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى

There's no reason why the book doesn't address both. You're talking about an Imam; a genius. When Imam Ali عليه السلام conducted speeches without certain letters of the alphabet, he used words of praise to Allah but it also shows his immaculate knowledge of the language and discusses different possibilities within the science of linguistics.

When The neo-classicists painted stories of ancient rome and greece it wasn't just about the stories, it was an attack on the ruling powers and how they have tainted society.

1 minute ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

There's no reason why the book doesn't address both. You're talking about an Imam; a genius. When Imam Ali عليه السلام conducted speeches without certain letters of the alphabet, he used words of praise to Allah but it also shows his immaculate knowledge of the language and discusses different possibilities within the science of linguistics.

When The neo-classicists painted stories of ancient rome and greece it wasn't just about the stories, it was an attack on the ruling powers and how they have tainted society.

Yes, I know of the famous sermons with no dots and no alif, but the point the imam was making is that knowledge and wisdom comes only from Allah.

The imams were indeed oppressed by the governmental rulers of their time, but they showed excessive patience and didn't need to attack them in their books.

This book was one of the first things that attracted me to the Imams of Ahlul Bayt. I find a lot of inspiration in its supplications and honestly I haven't seen/felt anything like it anywhere else. When I started reading it, I decided that a person who can pray like that is certainly not an ordinary person. 

So far I haven't seen anything political in it so if there is, it has to be very subtle :)

1 hour ago, Ivaylo said:

This book was one of the first things that attracted me to the Imams of Ahlul Bayt. I find a lot of inspiration in its supplications and honestly I haven't seen/felt anything like it anywhere else. When I started reading it, I decided that a person who can pray like that is certainly not an ordinary person. 

So far I haven't seen anything political in it so if there is, it has to be very subtle :)

Thank you for your comment Ivaylo, I pray that you find what you are searching for.

I went back to the person who told me this and they clarified the case. I have mistaken Al-Sahifa with  another book.

My apologies everyone.

Salaam Alaikum, beloved brothers and sisters. I am a new follower of ahlulbayt and recently read a wonderful and inspiring work sahifa al sajjadiya. Does anyone have a link to a scholarly and fair look at Dua 27.

The body of the work, alhamdulillah is very life changing. Ma Sha'Allah. but this section Dua 27 needs to be explained to me. I have drawn a conclusion and wish to see if one is being fair minded and sensible. Kindest regards, beloved brothers and sisters.

The third is al-Sahifah al-Sajjadiyah. It contains eloquent supplications whose meanings are extracted from the Qur’an. There are teachings in those supplications about how one’s orientation, obsession, vision, and ambition should be. They also teach one how to call himself to account and how to scrutinize and criticize himself, particularly the supplication of Makarim al-Akhlaq (Noble Moral Traits).

https://www.sistani.org/english/archive/25240/