SoRoUsH

Do we know who volunteered to be crucified?

Rate this topic

http://www.fourshiabooks.com/hadith/al-kafi/4/113/9

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad and Ali ibn mmd from Sahl ibn Ziyad all from kbn Mahbub from abu Hamza from abu Ja'far (a.s.) who has said the following.

"When Amir al-Mu'minin Ali (a.s.) passed away, al-Hassan ibn Ali stood up in the 
Mosque if Kufa. He praises Allah and spoke of His Glory prayed to Allah to grant blessings 
up on the Holy Prophet (s.a) and then he said this. People tonight a man has passed away the 
like whom can not be found in previous and the coming generations. He was the standard 
bearer of the Messenger of Allah, with Jibril on his right micha'il on his left. He would not 
turn back until Allah would grant him victory. All that he has left of the worldly belongings is 
a seven hundred Dirham extra from his gifts with which he wanted to buy ( hire) a servant for 
his household. By Allah, he died during a night in which the executor of the will of Musa 
(Moses) Yusha' ibn Nun had passed away, the night in which jesus son of Mary was taken to 
heavens and the night in which the Holy Quran was revealed." 
Share...Chapter: 113, Hadith: 1225, Number: 9

Edited by Hameedeh
spelling

3 hours ago, Arminmo said:

Can you show me a link to an online source for these books so I can do a search in them, specially for this one :تفسیر اثنی عشری (حسینی شاه عبدالعظیمی)

do they have English translation like you showed on top?

http://paperyab.ir/کتابخانه-دیجیتال/01_کتب_فارسی_11/01_معارف_قرآنی_3190/3_تفسیر_3194/01_کتب_تفسیر_4766/2_سایر_کتب_تفسیر_5278/7495-تفسیر_اثنا_عشری_جلد_14

http://dl.paperyab.ir/getFaBook.php?aid=HV8x2zh9yIKxMxFKU_YeqJ4PAxzOEto11YjYTzoDz9Jj0J2S1D9tp6LGi7rAVnGnzVstGoB0D9vCBcjXdiMwrg  (pdf)

http://dl.paperyab.ir/getFaBook.php?aid=HV8x2zh9yIKxMxFKU_YeqJ4PAxzOEto11YjYTzoDz9It3nZ3lInLPJ52Am0h3kZTcwE4ZR6eWZ18xop_Z-a_Hg  (Epub)

It is on Persian+Arabic and free to download

Edited by Hameedeh
spelling

14 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

According to Matthew's Bible, the name of this person is Judas Iscariot, whose story of betrayal in Matthew's Gospel is as follows:

According to Mattew Jesus was crucified, nobody replaced him. And according to Matthew 27:5, Judas Iscariot hanged himself before Jesus was crucified. 

The Romans crucified Jesus because he was  rebel. Before that they had interrogated and tortured him. Normal procedure. Accepting Judas (that already was dead) or anybody else to replace him on the cross, allowing Jesus to escape, the Romans would of course never do. 

The Quran is remarkable unclear about this event (it also happened 600 years before Muhammed!). The belief that everything in the Quran is perfectly true automaticly means that everything that does not agree with the Quran must be wrong. But is in not possible to interpret the Quran in this way (?):

PICKTHALL:

"And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain."

What if the pronouns "we" and "they"  here means the Jews?  Then this would not contradict historical sources. Fact is: the Jews did not slew and crucify Jesus. The Romans did! They were the ones that tortured and crucified Jesus. The Jews were watching. Maybe it wrongly "appeared to them" that they actually were the ones responsible for this

12 minutes ago, andres said:

According to Mattew Jesus was crucified, nobody replaced him. And according to Matthew 27:5, Judas Iscariot hanged himself before Jesus was crucified.

I'm not that bible it is a translation from text of site

4 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I'm not that bible it is a translation from text of site

What about my interpretation suggestion? I know it is not what your leaders tell you. Are you allowed to question them?

2 minutes ago, andres said:

What about my interpretation suggestion? I know it is not what your leaders tell you. Are you allowed to question them?

yes.

1 hour ago, andres said:

Which means you are also allowed to question what the supreme leader of Iran says, but do you ever?

Supreme leader is a falibale person like the others In Shia Islam you can ask any question  from scholars nowadays he is insisting from people to ask their questions from scholars & knowledgeable person  & think more freely than before.

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, andres said:

Which means you are also allowed to question what the supreme leader of Iran says, but do you ever?

We aren't allowed to follow something blindly, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى commands us to read to come closer to him, religion is more than faith, It's politics and education.

Edited by Wared

29 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Supreme leader is a falibale person like the others In Shia Islam you can ask any question  from scholars nowadays he is insisting from people to ask their questions from scholars & knowledgeable person  & think more freely than before.

Have you ever thougt that Khameney or Khomeiny made mistakes? And if yes, would you oppose them here on Shiachat?

1 minute ago, andres said:

Have you ever thougt that Khameney or Khomeiny made mistakes? And if yes, would you oppose them here on Shiachat?

They may be made mistaken as other humans may be I oppose them it’s depends on some cautious (Taqiyya) 

2 hours ago, andres said:

Ayatollah khamenye always ask people to criticize him and talk to him freely about what they think he has not done right. shia is all about thinking despite Christianity.  

Ayatollah khamenye: "Do not think I'm saddened by  criticisms; no, I'm saddened if  these criticisms are not said!
t university meetings with students I can see some people in order to show respect to me, don't talk about  the issues that they think might bother me. But they are wrong I won't be bothered if they talk about those things, it will bother me if they keep silent about those."

he has many same speeches in which he asks people to criticize him freely and talk about what they think is wrong. 

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

They may be made mistaken as other humans may be I oppose them it’s depends on some cautious (Taqiyya) 

What about the Fatwa Khomeiny issued on Rushdie? To kill someone abroad. CIA, Mossad, KGB and many others do it, but is this acceptable international behavior? If the supreme Iranian leader is a man of better ethic standards than other world leaders, should this Fatwa not be cancelled?  

5 hours ago, Christianity said:

Nobody volunteered. Jesus was crucified. This is a simple fact of history that few reputable scholars deny. 

according to christianity. we are talking in islam. in Islam the Quran tells us God raised Jesus a.s before he was crucified and put someone in his place.. the most popular theory being judas as a punishment. Jesus will return in the end times.

34 minutes ago, kirtc said:

in Islam the Quran tells us God raised Jesus a.s before he was crucified and put someone in his place.. 

Are you absolutely certain the Quran says so? Where in the Quran?

Compare my post 4 hours earlier than this. (12 posts earlier or so)

11 minutes ago, andres said:

Are you absolutely certain the Quran says so? Where in the Quran?

Compare my post 4 hours earlier than this. (12 posts earlier or so)

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain

4:157

2 hours ago, andres said:

but is this acceptable international behavior?

Since when rules set by Christians,atheist,communist,... is better than rules set by god (Quran) ?

we don’t set aside gods order and listen to followers of a “religion by Paul” , to tell us what’s right or wrong.

Edited by Arminmo

34 minutes ago, kirtc said:

This is a simple fact of history that few reputable scholars deny. 

It’s not fact of history, it was an imaginary scene that those people saw.

5 hours ago, andres said:

What if the pronouns "we" and "they"  here means the Jews?  Then this would not contradict historical sources. Fact is: the Jews did not slew and crucify Jesus. The Romans did!

Jews were the master mind behind the plan, and Romans executed the plan, if the pronoun is referring to either of them, nothing goes wrong.