Shah Khan

Intercession and Tawassul in Shia Way

Rate this topic

So, it's my first time doing Intercession or Tawassul but I don't know how to do it. Although my School (Hanafi Madhab) prohibits any kind of Intercession or Tawassul through persons, even Prophets (AS). But I still I think I should do Intercession or Tawassul and see what can it bring change in one's life. How to do Intercession or Tawassul (Shia Way) ?

1 hour ago, Shah Khan said:

So, it's my first time doing Intercession or Tawassul but I don't know how to do it. Although my School (Hanafi Madhab) prohibits any kind of Intercession or Tawassul through persons, even Prophets (AS). But I still I think I should do Intercession or Tawassul and see what can it bring change in one's life. How to do Intercession or Tawassul (Shia Way) ?

Tawassul is allowed according to hanafis, including deobandis. The only difference of opinion among sunnis (including hanafis) is with regards to istighatha/isti'anah.

From Al-muhannad ala al-mufannad [aqaid ulama deoband].
Questions Three and Four: Is it [permissible] for a man to take a means (tawassala) in his supplication through the Prophet – Allah bless him and grant him peace – after [his] death or not? Is taking a means (tawassul) through righteous predecessors, from the prophets and truthful saints (siddiqin) and martyrs, and the Friends of the Lord of the Worlds, permissible according to you or not?

Answer: According to us and according to our mashayikh taking a means in supplications through Prophets and the righteous, from the Friends, martyrs and truthful saints, is permissible during their lifetime and after their death in that one says: “O Allah! I take so-and-so as a means to You that you accept my supplication and You accomplish my need,” etc. as stated by our shaykh and our master Shah Muhammad Ishaq al-Dehlawi thumma al-Muhajir al-Makki; and then our shaykh and our master Rashid Ahmad al-Gangohi – Allah’s mercy on them – clarified it in his Fatawa which is in this time widespread and abundant in the hands of people, and this issue is mentioned on page 93 of the first volume of it, so whoever wishes may refer to it.

12 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

Tawassul is allowed according to hanafis, including deobandis. The only difference of opinion among sunnis (including hanafis) is with regards to istighatha/isti'anah.

From Al-muhannad ala al-mufannad [aqaid ulama deoband].
Questions Three and Four: Is it [permissible] for a man to take a means (tawassala) in his supplication through the Prophet – Allah bless him and grant him peace – after [his] death or not? Is taking a means (tawassul) through righteous predecessors, from the prophets and truthful saints (siddiqin) and martyrs, and the Friends of the Lord of the Worlds, permissible according to you or not?

Answer: According to us and according to our mashayikh taking a means in supplications through Prophets and the righteous, from the Friends, martyrs and truthful saints, is permissible during their lifetime and after their death in that one says: “O Allah! I take so-and-so as a means to You that you accept my supplication and You accomplish my need,” etc. as stated by our shaykh and our master Shah Muhammad Ishaq al-Dehlawi thumma al-Muhajir al-Makki; and then our shaykh and our master Rashid Ahmad al-Gangohi – Allah’s mercy on them – clarified it in his Fatawa which is in this time widespread and abundant in the hands of people, and this issue is mentioned on page 93 of the first volume of it, so whoever wishes may refer to it.

Wait What ?? I thought Imam-e-Azam Nauman bin Thabit Abu Hanifah (Rahimullah) was against any type of Tawassul. Day by day ShiaChat is giving me SHOCKS.

9 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

Wait What ?? I thought Imam-e-Azam Nauman bin Thabit Abu Hanifah (Rahimullah) was against any type of Tawassul. Day by day ShiaChat is giving me SHOCKS.

Nope, he wasn't. According to hanafis he objected to a specific type of tawassul. The normative opinion in sunnism historically is that tawassul is permissible. Those who are against it are mainly salafis, wahabis, and followers of ibn taymiyyah.

Refer to this for hanafis explanation of abu hanifa's so called rejection of tawassul.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140128003830/http://qa.sunnipath.com:80/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=104&CATE=24 

Those that claim[3] that the Imām objected to tawassul altogether are unable to adduce any­thing to sup­port such a claim other than the above caveat, which is not against tawassul but against a specific, prohibitive wor­ding in tawassul. A proof of this is that it is permissi­ble in the Hanafī School to say “by the sanctity/honor of so-and-so in Your presence” (bi-hurmati/bi-jāhi fulān). This is stated in the Fatāwā Bazzāziyya (6:351 in the margin of the Fatāwā Hindiyya) and is also the position of Abū al-Layth al-Samarqandī among the major Hanafī Jurists, not to mention that of Imām Ibn ‘Ābidīn among the later ones. 

Edited by Shi3i_jadeed

29 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

Nope, he wasn't. According to hanafis he objected to a specific type of tawassul. The normative opinion in sunnism historically is that tawassul is permissible. Those who are against it are mainly salafis, wahabis, and followers of ibn taymiyyah.

Refer to this for hanafis explanation of abu hanifa's so called rejection of tawassul.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140128003830/http://qa.sunnipath.com:80/issue_view.asp?HD=7&ID=104&CATE=24 

Those that claim[3] that the Imām objected to tawassul altogether are unable to adduce any­thing to sup­port such a claim other than the above caveat, which is not against tawassul but against a specific, prohibitive wor­ding in tawassul. A proof of this is that it is permissi­ble in the Hanafī School to say “by the sanctity/honor of so-and-so in Your presence” (bi-hurmati/bi-jāhi fulān). This is stated in the Fatāwā Bazzāziyya (6:351 in the margin of the Fatāwā Hindiyya) and is also the position of Abū al-Layth al-Samarqandī among the major Hanafī Jurists, not to mention that of Imām Ibn ‘Ābidīn among the later ones. 

WOW

4 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

Intercession is fact .But how it is realised there is difference in it. 

Shia belive in intercession ie Prophets saw and Awlias intercede before Allah. But one has to acquire his share of intercession in this world by following the teaching of Ambia as and awlias. 

It is not something that  we claim to muslim and expect we will receive intercession. 

4 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

So, it's my first time doing Intercession or Tawassul but I don't know how to do it. Although my School (Hanafi Madhab) prohibits any kind of Intercession or Tawassul through persons, even Prophets (AS). But I still I think I should do Intercession or Tawassul and see what can it bring change in one's life. How to do Intercession or Tawassul (Shia Way)

Salam for best performing it it is advised that before that you purify yourself & wear the best clean cloths  & read it toward Qibla with humble & attentive manner .

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

@islam25

6 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

Salam Alaykum

I'm Shia Muslim. Tawassul is a religious practice that everyone can perform regardless of being Shia, Sunni, Christian, Jewish, or even an atheist. You are welcome to do it. I recite dua Tawassul everyday after morning pray. Here I give you the link:

https://www.duas.org/tawassul.htm

I hope you like it. It has both Arabic and English languages. I pray for you and ask Ahlulbait to ask Allah to solve your problems.

Here I found Tawassul practice in Quran and Sunni books.

1. When Yousuf brothers threw Yousuf into the well, they came back home and told their father(Yaaghoub prophet):

قَالُواْ يَا أَبَانَا اسْتَغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا إِنَّا كُنَّا خَاطِئِينَ

translation: "O our father, Ask for our forgiveness. We did mistake"                 source: Yousuf/97

2. Bani Esrael asked Moses to ask Allah to give us what is grown on earth like cucumber, onion etc

وَإِذْ قُلْتُمْ يَا مُوسَى لَن نَّصْبِرَ عَلَىَ طَعَامٍ وَاحِدٍ فَادْعُ لَنَا رَبَّكَ يُخْرِجْ لَنَا مِمَّا تُنبِتُ الأَرْضُ

Translation: "O moses, we cannot eat only one kind of food. Ask your God to give us what is grown on earth"         source: Bagharah/61

3. When people did sin and came back to you(Rasoulullah), ask for their forgiveness. Allah is merciful

وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذ ظَّلَمُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ جَآؤُوكَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُواْ اللّهَ وَاسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُمُ الرَّسُولُ لَوَجَدُواْ اللّهَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيمًا

Translation: "When they did Zolm to themselves(sinning) and asked you for forgiveness, ask for their forgiveness. Allah is merciful"

4. Sahih Bukhari: When there was drought, Omar used to ask for rain with the help of Abbas dua. Omar used to say:" O God, we used to ask for rain with the help of your prophet, and you used to fall rain. Now we ask for rain with the help of our prophet's uncle (=Abbas)." Narrator said that it did work actually.

source: I attach the picture here. If you look at it, you CLEARLY see the word Tawassul.

Screenshot from 2018-01-06 09:03:03.png

Edited by AmirAlmuminin Lover

On 1/6/2018 at 3:21 AM, Shah Khan said:

Allah SWT says:

إِنْ تَدْعُوهُمْ لَا يَسْمَعُوا دُعَآءَكُمْ وَلَوْ سَمِعُوا مَا اسْتَجَابُوا لَكُمْ  ۖ  وَيَوْمَ الْقِيٰمَةِ يَكْفُرُونَ بِشِرْكِكُمْ  ۚ  وَلَا يُنَبِّئُكَ مِثْلُ خَبِيرٍ
"If you invoke them, they do not hear your supplication; and if they heard, they would not respond to you. And on the Day of Resurrection they will deny your association. And none can inform you like [one] Acquainted [with all matters]."
(QS. Faatir 35: Verse 14)

يُولِجُ الَّيْلَ فِى النَّهَارِ وَيُولِجُ النَّهَارَ فِى الَّيْلِ وَسَخَّرَ الشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ يَجْرِى لِأَجَلٍ مُّسَمًّى  ۚ  ذٰلِكُمُ اللَّهُ رَبُّكُمْ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ  ۚ  وَالَّذِينَ تَدْعُونَ مِنْ دُونِهِۦ مَا يَمْلِكُونَ مِنْ قِطْمِيرٍ
"He causes the night to enter the day, and He causes the day to enter the night and has subjected the sun and the moon - each running [its course] for a specified term. That is Allah, your Lord; to Him belongs sovereignty. And those whom you invoke other than Him do not possess [as much as] the membrane of a date seed."
(QS. Faatir 35: Verse 13)

Allah SWT says:

وَإِنْ تَوَلَّوْا فَاعْلَمُوٓا أَنَّ اللَّهَ مَوْلٰىكُمْ  ۚ  نِعْمَ الْمَوْلٰى وَنِعْمَ النَّصِيرُ
"But if they turn away - then know that Allah is your protector. Excellent is the protector, and Excellent is the helper."
(QS. Al-Anfaal 8: Verse 40)

لَّا يَأْتِيهِ الْبٰطِلُ مِنۢ بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَلَا مِنْ خَلْفِهِۦ  ۖ  تَنْزِيلٌ مِّنْ حَكِيمٍ حَمِيدٍ
"Falsehood cannot approach it from before it or from behind it; [it is] a revelation from a [Lord who is] Wise and Praiseworthy."
(QS. Fussilat 41: Verse 42)

Allah SWT says:

إِنْ هِىَ إِلَّآ أَسْمَآءٌ سَمَّيْتُمُوهَآ أَنْتُمْ وَءَابَآؤُكُمْ مَّآ أَنْزَلَ اللَّهُ بِهَا مِنْ سُلْطٰنٍ  ۚ  إِنْ يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَمَا تَهْوَى الْأَنْفُسُ  ۖ  وَلَقَدْ جَآءَهُمْ مِّنْ رَّبِّهِمُ الْهُدٰىٓ
"They are not but [mere] names you have named them - you and your forefathers - for which Allah has sent down no authority. They follow not except assumption and what [their] souls desire, and there has already come to them from their Lord guidance."
(QS. An-Najm 53: Verse 23)

@Shah Khan

The following view about tawassal ie intercession is found in ahle sunna:

"Qur'an states:

وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَا مِن رَّسُولٍ إِلَّا لِيُطَاعَ بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ ۚ وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذ ظَّلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ جَاءُوكَفَاسْتَغْفَرُوا اللَّهَ وَاسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُمُ الرَّسُولُ لَوَجَدُوا اللَّهَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيمًا

Translation: We sent not the Messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come to the Messenger and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had (also) asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful.(Al-Qur'an, Surah an-Nisa, 4:64)

This is a direct Divine order to seek intercession of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and this verse is Mutlaq (not restricted to any time). None of the classical commentators of Qur'an said that it only applied to the Physical Hayat (life) of Prophet (Peace be upon him) as falsely asserted by people of Bidah (Salafis/Wahabis/Ghayr Muqalideen/Quranites/Najdis/Khawarij/Takfiri etc...). Before citing many commentaries of Qur'an we would like to present a logical rhetoric question and then provide an answer:

Question: When Allah is most Qarib (close) then why does He not say: Ask me in your houses and I will answer you? Why does He put the condition of going to Prophet (Peace be upon him)?

Answer: If the deniers of Tawassul understand this point then In shaa' Allah this article shall be a source of guidance to them and their generations to come. This verse proves from the Nass (categorical proof) of Qur'an that Tawassul in sight of Allah is an approach which He likes & prescribes. Please remember that we as Ahlus Sunnah consider both the ways to be right i.e.

a) Asking Allah without an intermediary.

b) And also asking Allah through an intermediary.

Both these procedures are ordained for us, so rejecting any of the two concepts can result in rejection of glorious verses of Qur'an and can even lead to Kufr (disbelief).

The views of following imams of ahle sunna can be found at the given link:

1. Imam Ibn Kathir (rah) endorsing Tawassul in tafsir of above verse:

2. Imam an-Nawawi (Rahimuhullah) while emphatically proving Tawassul 

3. Imam Jalaluddin Suyuti in "Dur al-Manthur":

4. Imam Qurtubi (rah) on Tawassul:

Intercession By Different Means, etc

Imam Shafi (rahmatuallah alihe) on intercession of Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) after his life
Imam Ibn Jawzi (rah) says in his magnificent Seerah work called “Al Wafa bi Ahwaal lil Mustafa”

http://ahlus-sunna.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=57&Itemid=65

Edited by skyweb1987

13 hours ago, Shah Khan said:

Allah SWT says:

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ  ۚ  وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِنْ دُونِهِۦٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَآ إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفٰىٓ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِى مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ  ۗ  إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى مَنْ هُوَ كٰذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ
"Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position. Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever."
(QS. Az-Zumar 39: Verse 3)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

also ^^

Notice they use Aawliyah

Edited by wmehar2

9 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

Allah SWT says:

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ  ۚ  وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِنْ دُونِهِۦٓ أَوْلِيَآءَ مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَآ إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفٰىٓ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِى مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ  ۗ  إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى مَنْ هُوَ كٰذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ
"Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position. Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever."

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

also ^^

Notice they use Aawliyah

FYI, lets not play Verse warfare. Define Concepts.

أَلَا لِلَّهِ الدِّينُ الْخَالِصُ ۚ وَالَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِنْ دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ مَا نَعْبُدُهُمْ إِلَّا لِيُقَرِّبُونَا إِلَى اللَّهِ زُلْفَىٰ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ فِي مَا هُمْ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي مَنْ هُوَ كَاذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ {3}

[Pickthal 39:3] Surely pure religion is for Allah only. And those who choose protecting friends beside Him (say): We worship them only that they may bring us near unto Allah. Lo! Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Lo! Allah guideth not him who is a liar, an ingrate.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 39:3]

Worship is due to none but Allah. Worshippers of material possessions and resources, power, intellect, leaders and ambition may pretend that they seek fulfilment of the goal of their life through these media which finally bring them nearer to Allah, but they are altogether on the wrong track.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

To take guardians beside Allah without His permission is strictly prohibited.

Verse 55 of al Ma-idah says:

Verily, your guardian is Allah and His messenger and those who believe and establish the prayer, and give the poor-rate while they are (in the state of ruku) bowing down.

(Refer to the commentary of Ma-idah: 55)

http://quran.al-islam.org/

15 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Thanks MAN !! Nice Video

17 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

@islam25

Salam Alaykum

I'm Shia Muslim. Tawassul is a religious practice that everyone can perform regardless of being Shia, Sunni, Christian, Jewish, or even an atheist. You are welcome to do it. I recite dua Tawassul everyday after morning pray. Here I give you the link:

https://www.duas.org/tawassul.htm

I hope you like it. It has both Arabic and English languages. I pray for you and ask Ahlulbait to ask Allah to solve your problems.

Here I found Tawassul practice in Quran and Sunni books.

1. When Yousuf brothers threw Yousuf into the well, they came back home and told their father(Yaaghoub prophet):

قَالُواْ يَا أَبَانَا اسْتَغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا إِنَّا كُنَّا خَاطِئِينَ

translation: "O our father, Ask for our forgiveness. We did mistake"                 source: Yousuf/97

2. Bani Esrael asked Moses to ask Allah to give us what is grown on earth like cucumber, onion etc

وَإِذْ قُلْتُمْ يَا مُوسَى لَن نَّصْبِرَ عَلَىَ طَعَامٍ وَاحِدٍ فَادْعُ لَنَا رَبَّكَ يُخْرِجْ لَنَا مِمَّا تُنبِتُ الأَرْضُ

Translation: "O moses, we cannot eat only one kind of food. Ask your God to give us what is grown on earth"         source: Bagharah/61

3. When people did sin and came back to you(Rasoulullah), ask for their forgiveness. Allah is merciful

وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ إِذ ظَّلَمُواْ أَنفُسَهُمْ جَآؤُوكَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُواْ اللّهَ وَاسْتَغْفَرَ لَهُمُ الرَّسُولُ لَوَجَدُواْ اللّهَ تَوَّابًا رَّحِيمًا

Translation: "When they did Zolm to themselves(sinning) and asked you for forgiveness, ask for their forgiveness. Allah is merciful"

4. Sahih Bukhari: When there was drought, Omar used to ask for rain with the help of Abbas dua. Omar used to say:" O God, we used to ask for rain with the help of your prophet, and you used to fall rain. Now we ask for rain with the help of our prophet's uncle (=Abbas)." Narrator said that it did work actually.

source: I attach the picture here. If you look at it, you CLEARLY see the word Tawassul.

Screenshot from 2018-01-06 09:03:03.png

What I said was about intercession not about Tawasul. 

3 hours ago, islam25 said:

What I said was about intercession not about Tawasul. 

Shias believe in Tawassul which is documented and verified by Quran and Sunni books(obviously there are a lot of Hadeeth in Shia books). 

My point is that it is a religious practice. Tawassul is clearly mentioned in Sunni books. I gave you one example.

14 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

Allah SWT says:

This view has already been responded many times at SC.. However I can reproduce here for your information again.

Verse of Wilayah:

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow. (5:55)

وَمَن يَتَوَلَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُا فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ

And whoever takes Allah and His messenger and those who believe for a guardian, then surely the party of Allah are they that shall be triumphant.(5:56)

Fakhru'd-Din ar-Razi, who, like az- Zamakhshari, is one of the great men of the Sunni school and of the whole community, said: "This ayah was revealed concerning `Ali, and scholars are all in agreement that the payment of zakat in the time of ruku` (the position of bowing down in prayer) did not take place except in the case of 'Ali."'(at-Taf siru 'l-kabir, vol.xii, p.30. (Egyptian print- ing, 1357)

The Shaitan is Wali (other than Allah):

وَمَن يَتَّخِذِ الشَّيْطَانَ وَلِيًّا مِّن دُونِ اللَّهِ فَقَدْ خَسِرَ خُسْرَانًا مُّبِينًا

and whoever takes the Shaitan for a guardian rather than Allah he indeed shall suffer a manifest loss. (4:119)

يَا أَبَتِ إِنِّي أَخَافُ أَن يَمَسَّكَ عَذَابٌ مِّنَ الرَّحْمَٰنِ فَتَكُونَ لِلشَّيْطَانِ وَلِيًّا

O my father! surely I fear that a punishment from the Beneficent Allah should afflict you so that you should be a friend of the Shaitan. (19:45)

تَاللَّهِ لَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا إِلَىٰ أُمَمٍ مِّن قَبْلِكَ فَزَيَّنَ لَهُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ أَعْمَالَهُمْ فَهُوَ وَلِيُّهُمُ الْيَوْمَ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ أَلِيمٌ

By Allah, most certainly We sent (messengers) to nations before you, but the Shaitan made their deeds fair-seeming to them, so he is their guardian today, and they shall have a painful punishment. (16:63)

Meaning of taking Wali other than Allah:

اتَّبِعُوا مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكُم مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَلَا تَتَّبِعُوا مِن دُونِهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ ۗ قَلِيلًا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Follow what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow guardians besides Him, how little do you mind. (7:3)

This means that we should not take the Shaitan as Wali / guardian.

Those who are appointed by Allah are Wali including messenger, Imam Ali (& 11 Imams after him), we shall follow them (as mentioned in verse 5:55, 56).

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ لَا يَفْتِنَنَّكُمُ الشَّيْطَانُ كَمَا أَخْرَجَ أَبَوَيْكُم مِّنَ الْجَنَّةِ يَنزِعُ عَنْهُمَا لِبَاسَهُمَا لِيُرِيَهُمَا سَوْآتِهِمَا ۗ إِنَّهُ يَرَاكُمْ هُوَ وَقَبِيلُهُ مِنْ حَيْثُ لَا تَرَوْنَهُمْ ۗ إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا الشَّيَاطِينَ أَوْلِيَاءَ لِلَّذِينَ لَا يُؤْمِنُونَ

O children of Adam! let not the Shaitan cause you to fall into affliction as he expelled your parents from the garden, pulling off from them both their clothing that he might show them their evil inclinations, he surely sees you, he as well as his host, from whence you cannot see them; surely We have made the Shaitansto be the guardians of those who do not believe. (7:27)

فَرِيقًا هَدَىٰ وَفَرِيقًا حَقَّ عَلَيْهِمُ الضَّلَالَةُ ۗ إِنَّهُمُ اتَّخَذُوا الشَّيَاطِينَ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَيَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

A part has He guided aright and (as for another) part, error is justly their due, surely they took the Shaitans for guardians beside Allah, and they think that they are followers of the right (7:30)

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا

And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He was of the jinn, so he transgressed the commandment of his Lord. What! would you then take him and his offspring for friends rather than Me, and they are your enemies? Evil is (this) change for the unjust. (18:50)

So the Shaitan is addressed as the Wali other than Allah, instead of those who are appointed by Allah (the prophet and imams)..

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

9 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:

FYI, lets not play Verse warfare. Define Concepts.

http://quran.al-islam.org/

Of course, I will be specific then. also to @skyweb1987

39:3

Taking guardians other than Allah and invoking worship through them to be nearer to God, is for ALL guardians that are invoked.  Be those guardians Muhammad after his death, or any believers including those who give zakat and they bow, after their death. Or guardians such as shaitan.

You can take muslims alive to be allies/guardians, but they won't help you in death,  and you cant worship through them.

I'm not saying they must not take others as guardians, because 39:3 says those who took guardians other than Allah, AND worship them/worship through them.

5:55 says to take allies in Allah and his messenger,  and believers, etc.  But not worship through them.

There is a fine distinction.

Given the verses I mentioned before,  to me it makes logical sense to conclude tawassul is not permissible. for me personally. 

46 minutes ago, wmehar2 said:

You can take muslims alive to be allies/guardians, but they won't help you in death,  and you cant worship through them.

I'm not saying they must not take others as guardians, because 39:3 says those who took guardians other than Allah, AND worship them/worship through them.

Brother the verse does not mention any thing about the "worship through them". This is only your supposition. No Muslim worships any one except Allah swt.

The following verse are sufficient for our evidcne:

إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ

Only Allah is your Vali and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow. (5:55)

وَمَن يَتَوَلَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُا فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ

And whoever takes Allah and His messenger and those who believe for a guardian, then surely the party of Allah are they that shall be triumphant.(5:56)

فَرِيقًا هَدَىٰ وَفَرِيقًا حَقَّ عَلَيْهِمُ الضَّلَالَةُ ۗ إِنَّهُمُ اتَّخَذُوا الشَّيَاطِينَ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَيَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

A part has He guided aright and (as for another) part, error is justly their due, surely they took the Shaitans for guardians beside Allah, and they think that they are followers of the right (7:30)

وَإِذْ قُلْنَا لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ اسْجُدُوا لِآدَمَ فَسَجَدُوا إِلَّا إِبْلِيسَ كَانَ مِنَ الْجِنِّ فَفَسَقَ عَنْ أَمْرِ رَبِّهِ ۗ أَفَتَتَّخِذُونَهُ وَذُرِّيَّتَهُ أَوْلِيَاءَ مِن دُونِي وَهُمْ لَكُمْ عَدُوٌّ ۚ بِئْسَ لِلظَّالِمِينَ بَدَلًا

And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance but Iblis (did it not). He was of the jinn, so he transgressed the commandment of his Lord. What! would you then take him and his offspring for friends rather than Me, and they are your enemies? Evil is (this) change for the unjust. (18:50)

So the Shaitan is addressed as the Wali other than Allah, instead of those who are appointed by Allah (the prophet and imams)..Certainly we do not take shaitan as our Wali .

The verses clarify that 39:3 addresses those who take shaitan as their Wali beside Allah swt. Those who have been selected as Wali by the permission of Allah swt and their followers (as per verse 5:56), have nothing to do with the scope of this verse..

"We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position. Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ'. (39:3)

Certainly we only worship Allah swt alone and do not take any God beside Allah swt like all Muslims.

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِى مَنْ هُوَ كٰذِبٌ كَفَّارٌ

"Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever." (39:3)

I like to mention the verse for  the confirmation of those Liars. on whom Allah swt has sent Lanah

The verse of Mubahila mentions 

فَمَنْ حَآجَّكَ فِيهِ مِنۢ بَعْدِ مَا جَآءَكَ مِنَ ٱلْعِلْمِ فَقُلْ تَعَالَوْا۟ نَدْعُ أَبْنَآءَنَا وَأَبْنَآءَكُمْ وَنِسَآءَنَا وَنِسَآءَكُمْ وَأَنفُسَنَا وَأَنفُسَكُمْ ثُمَّ نَبْتَهِلْ فَنَجْعَل لَّعْنَتَ ٱللَّهِ عَلَى ٱلْكَٰذِبِينَ {٦١}

003:061 Should anyone argue with you concerning him, after the knowledge that has come to you, say, ‘Come! Let us call our sons and your sons, our women and your women, our souls and your souls, then let us pray earnestly, and call down Allah’s curse upon the liars.

From the recorded history of mubahila it is mentioned "In this way, the Prophet (S) challenged the Christians. The next day the Christian priests came out on one side of the field. Also on the other side, the Prophet came out of his house carrying al-Husayn in his arm with al-Hasan walking along with him while he was holding his hand. Behind him was Fatimah al-Zahra (sa), and behind her was ‘Ali, peace be upon them all."

When the Christians saw the five pure souls, and how determined the Prophet is in his idea that he put the closest people to him at risk, the Christians were terrified and abstained from the proposed malediction (Mubahala) and submitted to a treaty with the Prophet (S).

We do not deny these verses (if you deny these and accept against these  it is your choice).. I have mentioned my view clearly based on the verses of quran in my previous post.

wasalam

http://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2133%3Aforty-seven-sayings-about-imam-ali-a-s-from-prophet-p-b-u-h&Itemid=335

15) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Exemption from the Hellfire comes with love for Ali (A.S).” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/241; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 6/851; Akhtab Khawarizm, 86; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 90.

20) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “No one is permitted on the Bridge except by the wilayat of Ali (A.S).” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 15; Al-Isti^ab, 2/457

16) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Of whomever I was master, Ali (A.S) is his master.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/129; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/157; Al-Dilmi.

8) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Every prophet has an executor and inheritor, and my executor and inheritor is Ali (A.S).” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/158; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 11/173; Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/223; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 94.

Baghdadi, 5/37; Al-Khawarizmi, 235.

29) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali (A.S) is the door of servitude, and whoever passes through that door is a true believer.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/156; Al-Dilmi.

35) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali (A.S) and his shi^a are the successful ones.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 47; Mizan Al-^Itidal, 2/313

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Just now, Ashvazdanghe said:

http://www.sibtayn.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2133%3Aforty-seven-sayings-about-imam-ali-a-s-from-prophet-p-b-u-h&Itemid=335

15) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Exemption from the Hellfire comes with love for Ali (A.S).” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/241; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 6/851; Akhtab Khawarizm, 86; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 90.

20) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “No one is permitted on the Bridge except by the wilayat of Ali (A.S).” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 15; Al-Isti^ab, 2/457

16) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Of whomever I was master, Ali (A.S) is his master.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/129; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/157; Al-Dilmi.

8) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Every prophet has an executor and inheritor, and my executor and inheritor is Ali (A.S).” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/158; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 11/173; Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/223; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 94.

aghdadi, 5/37; Al-Khawarizmi, 235.

29) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali (A.S) is the door of servitude, and whoever passes through that door is a true believer.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/156; Al-Dilmi.

35) The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said, “Ali (A.S) and his shi^a are the successful ones.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 47; Mizan Al-^Itidal, 2/313

So you are giving me Dawah to become a Shia :grin: ?? Interesting. If I would turn into Shia, I would be Akhbaari Shia or Zaidi Shia.

4 minutes ago, Shah Khan said:

So you are giving me Dawah to become a Shia :grin: ?? Interesting. If I would turn into Shia, I would be Akhbaari Shia or Zaidi Shia.

Accepting shia islam is your choice I don't give a dawah:grin:

Any shia that you said is good:NH:

Edited by Ashvazdanghe