Guest Curious

Is Rape Allowed in Islam?

Hameedeh

Rape is a serious sexual crime which is punishable in Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Islamic_law  

Message added by Hameedeh

Rate this question

Question

Guest Curious

As the question suggests.

Please provide evidence as much as possible, with a short answer of your own.

98 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Mishael said:

I don't see what they do different then what was done by the Sahaba of Islam after all they base their lives around Mohammed and the Sahaba to the max.

That's the thing... Don't even try to compare Sahaba with ahlulbayt, they are not comparable. The sahaba they base their lives on are bad, that is why they are being bad? Like If I hang around a pub, I will subconciously become bad myself. Once again, and I will repeat this, Abu bakr and Omar are the worst, they changed the religion, and Omar killed Fatima Zahra who is loved by Allah.  We base our lives after ahlulbayt, like we can't never be like them, but we try to, like give some money to the poor, and help the people in need. Ahlulbayt taught me to love and and forgive, showed me that Allah is worth to be worshipped! Imam Ali gave food and water to his killer, and YOU compare them to the sahabas who literally ruined Islam.

Al-hamdiruiallah.

Edited by Hamodiii

3 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Only Shia Hadiths mention Omar killing Fatima meanwhile all trustworthy Hadith with chains of narrations and many books and documentations have this event absent from them I don't think if Abu Bakr was hated by Mohammed he would have been chosen to lead the Rashidun Khalifa right after his death.

Actually mentioned in Sunni books as well. :/ They refuse to accept it. That is just one thing, there are 100 other stories where good people haven't forgiven Abu bakr and Omar. Check this serie if you understand Arabic.

24 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Only Shia Hadiths mention Omar killing Fatima meanwhile all trustworthy Hadith with chains of narrations and many books and documentations have this event absent from them I don't think if Abu Bakr was hated by Mohammed he would have been chosen to lead the Rashidun Khalifa right after his death.

And who is to say what hadiths are trustworthy? According to who exactly? The house of saud and their terrorist creating mosques?

Abu bakr was never chosen to lead.

Listen, if you want to have a discussion then it goes two ways, which means you speak AND you listen, not just speak and speak, then your just talking to yourself, so here, listen:

7 hours ago, Mishael said:

Bukhari is one of the most trusted Hadith and since when was Abu Huraira a liar that's new.

In Nahjul Balagha, the book which contains Imam Ali's (a) sayings, sermons, letters, etc.., Imam Ali (a) tells us to "beware from the greatest liar; Abu Hurayrah"

In narrations it was shown that in the battle of Siffein, Abu Hurayrah would go to Muawiyah's camp when eating since it tasted better, and during salah he would go with Imam Ali (a) (I wonder why haha), and in battles would just stay neutral.

There have also been instances where Umar, the second Caliph; punched/striked Abu Hurayrah because of his ignorance.

6 hours ago, Mishael said:

Lol, there are so many errors in this sentence. Please don't make claims like that without proper research on the subject, if you want to learn just simply ask.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:45 AM, 3wliya_maryam said:

how about someone who commited zina? like if they repent, because I read from Sayyid Sistani that a man can marry a woman who has committed zina before but has repented

Zina is an act that both sides agreed on. Are you comparing consensual sex to rape?

Your Islamic history is faulty. The Prophet didn't choose Abu Bakr. Read about the incident of Saqifah. The Muslims gathered and picked someone according to age (lol). Even though in Ghadir Khum the Prophet appointed Imam Ali to lead after him.

What about marital rape? Rape that is NOT zina? A man that refuses to go to his wife with kindness? But will only do so in a way that is either painful or nonconsensual?

And he tells her that she just has to be patient with her qadr?

2 minutes ago, MuslimahAK said:

What about marital rape? Rape that is NOT zina? A man that refuses to go to his wife with kindness? But will only do so in a way that is either painful or nonconsensual?

That's sadism, right? 

21 minutes ago, Hassan- said:

Lol, there are so many errors in this sentence. Please don't make claims like that without proper research on the subject, if you want to learn just simply ask.

These are the exact arguments I am trying to find out how to refute.

Check this out -

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235055654-non-muslims-rejecting-shia-hadith/

33 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Actually my Islamic teacher was discussing Nahjul Balagha and he mentioned it does not have chains and chains of narrations such as Sahih Bukhari and other Hadiths. He also told me Sahaba would never lie about anything that has to do with Mohammed usually he said it was mix ups.

The fact that they mix up with 4 khalifa with 12 Imams after Prophet Mohammed, wasn't mentioned in your sentence. Shabas are compulsive liars! The fact the ummah is in this situation right now is cause of Omar and Abu bakr! They believe that Omar talked to Allah directly, It goes beyond anything, and they dare to call us mushrikeen! We just love Imam Ali as a leader! The sunni even believe that we think that the prophethood was for Imam Ali, but they can't be more wrong,  cause It Is Allah who chooses the prophets! Not us!

Al-hamdiruiallah shukr.

20 minutes ago, Mishael said:

“Allaah and the believers disapprove of anyone other than Abu Bakr." 

[Sahih Bukhari, no. 5666, Sahih Muslim, no. 2387]

Also Mohammed was known to allow Abu Bakr to lead prayer when he was sick so I'm pretty sure he was fine with him being Khalifa.

Just like how Omar ran away in the war of ahud, climbing trees. :) Their hero is a coward. You should be sunni if you believe in everything that says in the hadiths, brother. Otherwise it kind of makes you a hypocrite.

There are stories about Abu bakr dying in regret after what happend to Fatima Zahra, now when we are on that topic, her matyrdoom was yesterday! May Allah bless her! She is the best woman in the world, the real mother of the believers.

You are trying too hard to prove your point with untrustworthy material. Go read the old testament, instead of making everything lawful. You change your religion on how you guys want it. It is like a game, removing things you think doesn't suit the current era.

Edited by Hamodiii

18 minutes ago, Mishael said:

“Allaah and the believers disapprove of anyone other than Abu Bakr." 

[Sahih Bukhari, no. 5666, Sahih Muslim, no. 2387]

Also Mohammed was known to allow Abu Bakr to lead prayer when he was sick so I'm pretty sure he was fine with him being Khalifa.

We do not find narration of Bukhari and Muslim to be authentic, so for you to bring their hadiths so as to prove something to a shia its very "not smart".

It is like you quoting the Bible as a source to prove something for someone who does not believe in it. 

14 hours ago, MuslimahAK said:

There is always a big difference between what you can do and what you should do, either way you will stand answer for your actions.

1 minute ago, Mishael said:

Well you'd have to ignore a lot of evidence based on blind faith considering Sahih Bukhari is considered to be the best Hadith in terms of transmission and accuracy.

Are you okay?

When you say EVIDENCE that would mean it is impossible to deny. Which would mean it is absolutely true, which would mean that you are either now a sunni muslim or you do no know the difference between words and their definitions.

1 minute ago, IbnSina said:

Are you okay?

When you say EVIDENCE that would mean it is impossible to deny. Which would mean it is absolutely true, which would mean that you are either now a sunni muslim or you do no know the difference between words and their definitions.

That was what I was talking about.

Just now, Mishael said:

Most Islamic scholars agree the Hadith of Omar running away was weak but I really don't care, he's no hero of mine. I don't know where the Old Testament came into the equation. By the way I'm not here to defend Sunnis I'm just stating the facts in Islam if you own a non Muslim slave intercourse with her does not equal rape wheather you find it immoral or not doesn't matter this exists in Islam and you as a Muslim must except it otherwise you wouldn't be a real Muslim.

Good thing we have a ignorant person like you to tell us who is muslim and who is not.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Most Islamic scholars agree the Hadith of Omar running away was weak but I really don't care, he's no hero of mine. I don't know where the Old Testament came into the equation. By the way I'm not here to defend Sunnis I'm just stating the facts in Islam if you own a non Muslim slave intercourse with her does not equal rape wheather you find it immoral or not doesn't matter this exists in Islam and you as a Muslim must except it otherwise you wouldn't be a real Muslim.

You are stubborn.

Shias don't actually like evidence from Sunni sources wheather it is right or not Shias only seem to accept Nahj Al Balagha or something from their books only 

Why would we agree with the enemy? Isn't that hypocrism?

Shias don't actually like evidence from Sunni sources wheather it is right or not Shias only seem to accept Nahj Al Balagha or something from their books only 

Ok, if your opinion is this then why do you bring up evidence from sunni sources to us? Are you [EDIT] to contradict you own mind?

You keep telling yourself that sunni sources are absolutely true and anyone who does not agree with that are not "real muslims" while you see those same fake hadiths/sources being used justify the killing of your christian buddies in middle east :)

Edited by Hassan-
Removed inappropriate comment

You being Muslim does not thereby make your knowledge on Islam higher then mine in any way it does make you more likely deny facts in the face of defending your religion how ever.

Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek them from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication. So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due, but if you agree mutually after the requirement (has been determined), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Qur'an 4:24

What do you think right hand posses means? Or is Quran not accepted by Shias aswell?

Educate yourself instead of believing in every single word.

Just now, Mishael said:

Woah Sunnis are enemies? I myself would agree with a Jew if his book had merits to it and I'd agree with a pagan even if he could produce proof with his books on a certain subject.

The ones who love the enemies of Ahlulbayt is my enemy.

You being Muslim does not thereby make your knowledge on Islam higher then mine in any way it does make you more likely deny facts in the face of defending your religion how ever.

Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek them from your property, desiring chastity, not fornication. So with those among them whom you have enjoyed, give them their required due, but if you agree mutually after the requirement (has been determined), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.

Qur'an 4:24

What do you think right hand posses means? Or is Quran not accepted by Shias aswell?

I am done talking to you because I do not think you are sincere in your discussion, you do not really seem to be after a discussion, just to project what you believe and repeat it until hopefully someone agrees with you so that you can further convince yourself of what you believe.

If you wish to continue to utter your opinions on sunni sources and why shias has to accept it or they wont be "real muslims" then make another topic and stop derailing this one.