Guest Curious

Is Rape Allowed in Islam?

Hameedeh

Rape is a serious sexual crime which is punishable in Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Islamic_law  

Message added by Hameedeh

Rate this question

Question

Guest Curious

As the question suggests.

Please provide evidence as much as possible, with a short answer of your own.

98 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Mishael said:

“Allaah and the believers disapprove of anyone other than Abu Bakr." 

[Sahih Bukhari, no. 5666, Sahih Muslim, no. 2387]

Also Mohammed was known to allow Abu Bakr to lead prayer when he was sick so I'm pretty sure he was fine with him being Khalifa.

Sahih Muslim is riddled with contradictions. We do not take our knowledge from it.

What a stupid and ridiculous question to ask. Nevertheless, the question has been answered, and the Guest Lounge is for quick answers, not long discussions.

Closed. 

Do you know what rape means?

Here is the definition:

"unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent — compare sexual assault, statutory".

How have you taken the right hand verse and related it to rape?

Rape is probably one the most awful and degrading acts someone may experience happen to them. Not only is it physically painful, it's psychologically damaging and when you care or love someone, you will not inflict such pain on them and give them their rights. I come across many women in my line of work who have been subjected to such acts and many of them develop mental health issues as a result and suffer for many years after.  If you see the link below "Marriage and Morals in Islam" people that have been subjected to rape/sexual assault are referred to as victims. 

http://www.najaf.org/books/233/

Everyone has rights in Islam and let's think of how our beloved Prophet (s.a.w..w.s) and the holy Imams (a.s) would treat individuals and especially women and take lessons from them.

The punishment for rape in shi'i Islam is death so no it's not allowed. 

[ 34335 ] 2 ـ وعنه ، عن أحمد ، عن ابن أبي نجران ، عن جميل بن دراج ، ومحمد بن حمران جميعا ، عن زرارة ، قال : قلت لإبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : الرجل يغصب المرأة نفسها ، قال : يقتل . ورواه الصدوق بإسناده عن جميل بن دراج ، عن زرارة مثله .

2 – And from him from Ahmad from Ibn Abi Najran from Jamil b. Darraj and Muhammad b. Humran all from Zurara. He said: I said to Abu Ja`far عليه السلام: The man rapes the woman. He said: He is killed.

And as-Saduq narrated it by his isnad from Jamil b. Darraj from Zurara its like.

7 minutes ago, Mishael said:

Also I'd like to point out slavery under Muslims wasn't better or different to slavery in most societies it was just slavery pretty much.

Muslims rarely follow the laws. And who are these "muslims" you're talking about? You are generalising too much without giving any indication to the historical dates, groups, names of the people, etc.

3 hours ago, Guest Curious said:

As the question suggests.

Please provide evidence as much as possible, with a short answer of your own.

NO !

Guest Curious Original Poster

Hi

I meant because there's the 'right hand possess' thing in the Quran, and I heard you can have relations with them without their permission.

Sorry If I was vague

2 hours ago, Guest Curious Original Poster said:

Hi

I meant because there's the 'right hand possess' thing in the Quran, and I heard you can have relations with them without their permission.

Sorry If I was vague

You always must have consent from the opposite sex and rape is a very serious crime in the religion of Islam and can be punishable by death. The quote you mention has nothing to do with allowing rape. 

Salam!

It's an evil act, of course It is not allowed, It is like Zinah, and even worst cause you are forcing someone to do Zinah with you.

Allah forgives all sins, but you need as well ask for forgiveness for the person you did harm to, that is why murder is a grave sin.

If she happends not to forgive you, and you regret the act, remember Allah is just and knows everything about you.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this verse just say that you could have sexual relations with slaves wich doesn't mean they are "sex slaves" but just mean that in Islam it is permitted to have sex with your slaves if they are agree. 

29 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this verse just say that you could have sexual relations with slaves wich doesn't mean they are "sex slaves" but just mean that in Islam it is permitted to have sex with your slaves if they are agree. 

Thats not even true where are you getting this from

Where's the verse?

What's the difference if it's a slave or a normal person? Even if you have sex with them that's just called zina and it's still haram

18 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

The punishment for rape in shi'i Islam is death so no it's not allowed. 

[ 34335 ] 2 ـ وعنه ، عن أحمد ، عن ابن أبي نجران ، عن جميل بن دراج ، ومحمد بن حمران جميعا ، عن زرارة ، قال : قلت لإبي جعفر ( عليه السلام ) : الرجل يغصب المرأة نفسها ، قال : يقتل . ورواه الصدوق بإسناده عن جميل بن دراج ، عن زرارة مثله .

2 – And from him from Ahmad from Ibn Abi Najran from Jamil b. Darraj and Muhammad b. Humran all from Zurara. He said: I said to Abu Ja`far عليه السلام: The man rapes the woman. He said: He is killed.

And as-Saduq narrated it by his isnad from Jamil b. Darraj from Zurara its like.

How about if the person repents?

According to the Quran, slaves could not be forced into having sexual relations, without breaking the law of God.[34]

"But let them who find not [the means for] marriage abstain [from sexual relations] until Allah enriches them from His bounty ... And do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, to seek [thereby] the temporary interests of worldly life. And if someone should compel them, then indeed, Allah is [to them], after their compulsion, Forgiving and Merciful." (Surah An-Nur 24:33)[34]

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well-acquainted.

— Quran, 49:13, [14]

According to the Quran, slaves could not be forced into having sexual relations, without breaking the law of God.[34]

"But let them who find not [the means for] marriage abstain [from sexual relations] until Allah enriches them from His bounty ... And do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, if they desire chastity, to seek [thereby] the temporary interests of worldly life. And if someone should compel them, then indeed, Allah is [to them], after their compulsion, Forgiving and Merciful." (Surah An-Nur 24:33)[34]

However the word used for chastity in this verse is also used to describe married women in Surah 4 verse 24. Ibn Kathir in this tasfir of this verse applied prostitution only to Zina and cited a haddith about "one who gets married seeking chastity" 

brother, it doesn't even say you can have intercourse with slaves out of marriage; you understanding of the verse is incorrect

13 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Allah swt is the most forgiving,

if the person is sincere wouldnt that change anything

unless he does it again then yh maybe

Their repentance would be between them and Allah. If every criminal was let go if they claimed to repent then no one would ever be punished for their crimes which would allow them to act with impunity. 

3 minutes ago, Shi3i_jadeed said:

Their repentance would be between them and Allah. If every criminal was let go if they claimed to repent then no one would ever be punished for their crimes which would allow them to act with impunity. 

how about someone who commited zina? like if they repent, because I read from Sayyid Sistani that a man can marry a woman who has committed zina before but has repented

2 minutes ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

you said there was a verse so I quoted the verses 

And even if the slave did accept, she obvs has to marry and do it in the halal way

The verses said they don't need to be married.