Guest Account Ali

Thoughts on this video via recent Iranian events?

Rate this topic

The people of the Islamic republic of Iran have a legitimate right to protest and make known the economic issues of Iran to it's government which Hassan Rouhani has promised his people he'll work on. However, the rioters in the nation destroying homes, mosques and local businesses should be crused immediately to protect the innocent iranians who have legitimate concerns. 

Long live the Islamic Republic and it's revolution! :grin:

51 minutes ago, von Lohengramm said:

Islamic Pulse can be a hit or miss. Definitely a miss this time round with regards to Iran's economy, which is in a legitimate crisis and whose importance shouldn't be diminished.

I think the dude should make a second video where he actually discusses Iran's economic situation more in-depth. 

The video created by the electronic resistance and educational force "Islamic Pulse" presented very good insights and arguments regarding the true face of the rioters. These people do not deserve the name of protesters since protesters do not damage what they have built. Rioters are the one of the paths mentioned to persia. Through the creation of rift and chaos, a path to persia can be created and a government can be taken down. However, there is something hiding behind the curtain. I personally linked to the other video because I felt that Islamic Pulse did not talk about the view points of the real initial demonstrators in Mashhad and their distress and problems with the current government of Rouhani.

Now what is this thing "hiding" behind the curtain? The Islamic Republic of Iran has not been established like any other nation. In fact, the system is special on its own. We have been witness of the arab spring and how easily many governments fell and were sucked into the chants of the demonstrators. We saw people like Ghadaffi, Ben Ali, Mubarak etc. that have collapsed easily. How come one may ask? This has all to do with the way the country and the system had been established. Do people notice how policies in the United States, especially foreign policies never change? Have you noticed how the promises of presidents break once they enter office? It is because the United States has a government, but it also has a deep state. A country without a deep state is like a man without a spinal cord, a scholar without knowledge, a soldier without equipment and a politician without a voice. A deep state roots the essence and establishment of a country. A deep state solidifies the thoughts and policies of a nation.

The Islamic Republic of Iran has since the start received a dosis of this deep state. The wali al-faqih, Sepah Pasdaran and the Basij are the deep state of the Iranian establishment. They form the red lines no other nation is allowed to cross or make Iran transgress. An example is the change of Rouhani's stance on negotiating Iran's missile programe. Ayatollah Khamenei has clearly voiced himself and the Sepah has clearly told everyone that the missile programe is a red line no nation can touch. Does this mean a country with a deep state is a dictatorship? I'll leave that up to you. The United States hates to see countries building up or establishing a strong deep state. Putin is building a deep state after the fiasco's of the dashing 90s. China has a relatively strong communistic deep state. North-Korea is a visible deep state itself. And here we have Iran. It is funny how all these countries are targetted. There is heavy anti-Russia, anti-Iran propaganda. North-Korea is under strict economic and social isolation. China is economically "fighting" with the West. The US wants to remove this regime and its roots in Iran so it can dominate the region again.

Now we see people claiming that Iran is sending too much money to Hezbollah, Yemen, PMU, Hamas etc. I will not come with any "islamic obligations" or so as an argument, rather, as the persons who shout these do not believe in Islam, it would be useless to use islamic arguments. The percentage of aid to these countries, groups and political ideologies is not big and does not resemble a significant amount in regards to the total yearly income of the Iranian govt. Hezbollah is estimated on receiving 300 mil dollars IN TOTAL annually. This includes donations by private people and companies as well as the Iranian govt. Again, a small fraction. Then comes another argument: it is surprisingly how we shifted from demonstrating against the inflation of prices to shouting a change in foreign policy that goes in line with that of the West. Does this seem like the mainstream Iranian thinking? It is absurd to believe that.

The video I mentioned above gives a good indication of how people have become fed up of the [fake] promises of Rouhani's govt. As we can see, they are people who have fought for the revolution but want a serious change in domestic politics rather than a change in domestic regime. The revolution has filled the hearts of the Iranians with hope, resistance and power to remain independent. I call to all Iranians to resist and listen to the Leader of the Islamic Republic. There are good times ahead. Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى will verily test all of us with our sabr, intentions and way of life. That is also why the principlists immediately retreated from the demonstrations after they noticed it was backfiring. The principlists hoped to get rid of the corrupt government of Rouhani and establish a new one, however, it would have sent a strong signal to the US to come and intervene. The reason why this current "color revolution" failed and the US can pack its bag and go home is because they pushed their munafiqeen into the demonstrations way too quickly.

Now that we had a few demonstrations, rioters destroying private as well as public property and kill innocents, the government of Rouhani has changed a few of its policies. They cancelled the price of petrol and promised it back to 1k toumans. They made the absurd claim that if you would see an overpriced (+/- 30k toumans) pack of eggs you should contact the govt (seriously? Iran is a big jungle. What are you going to set up? An egg police force?). And last but not least, you may now receive a loan of 120 mil toumans (instead of 80 mil) when you decide to marry and live together in a home against a whopping 17.5% interest (afaik, 22% before). Couldn't this all be done before all this chaos errupted and all the deaths the sepah and basij had to give?

@Khomeinist

Salaam, 

Yes I watched the video you linked. Indeed, I felt that the video I watched went over things on a more social level. When in fact it is more so economic in nature. And the video you provided gave a good depth into the economic woes Iran is facing right now. 

Also I wanted to ask. Since a lot of the protesters are pro-Ahmadinejad I wanted to ask if the economy of Iran and subsidies towards the poor was indeed better under his presidency than under Rouhani's presidency? 

1 hour ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Salaam, 

Yes I watched the video you linked. Indeed, I felt that the video I watched went over things on a more social level. When in fact it is more so economic in nature. And the video you provided gave a good depth into the economic woes Iran is facing right now. 

Also I wanted to ask. Since a lot of the protesters are pro-Ahmadinejad I wanted to ask if the economy of Iran and subsidies towards the poor was indeed better under his presidency than under Rouhani's presidency? 

Ahmadinejad won basically because of getting many votes outside of Tehran. During his time, a barrel of oil was roughly 120$. He handed out lots of money to the places where he went thus gaining interest and followers. AFAIK, the first two years of Ahmadinejad were relatively good and people started to like him. After those years, Ahmadinejad realised that he cannot ignore some of those 4% Qalibuf mentioned this previous election. The 4% (wealthiest 4%) are mainly the business owners and big money investors. Through these people, governments become corrupt and start to fail. The problem with Iranian governments is not one or two. They are many. Especially since the govt. has to find ways to go behind sanctions. But the thing is that many things can also be made domestically athough it will need time to develop itself. One of the problems is that presidents in Iran start to feel "superior" to the faqih and start to say and act in a certain way. I am a big fan of returning the function of prime-minister and abolishing a presidency. The demonstrators weren't only pro-Ahmadinejad. They were pro-principlists in general, especially since it started in the area of former president candidate Ebrahim Raeisi.

Both have done and said shady stuff. But whether the economy was better, I have no idea. I have no investments in Iran so I'll set that as a question the next time I talk with my uncles. Looking at how much 1eu was worth in toumans, one could argue that an Iranian living under Ahmadinejad was "better".

In my opinion, Mr Rohani has been a better president than Mr. Ahmadinejad and has had better achievements. Mr. Ahmadinejad made some great fatal mistakes. He didnt pay much attention to experts' advices and inflation rate increased a lot during his presidency.

Many voted for him ( Mr. Ahmadinejad) for the promises he made but now, the majority, even many of his former supporters are against him. They were going to try him in the court for his illegal deeds.

Kenneth Roth is a liar, i know the absolute nonsense this man has spread on twitter on many political issues. The video is breathtaking , it needs 100,000 views. A call  , a call to brothers and sisters, spread the video to your contacts, on social media, to your family members.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Although Ahmadi nejad had mistakes but rouhani has never been better than him as a president. if some former supporters of ahmadi nejad are  now against him, it is not because of  his policy and what he did during his time. its because of his recent actions and some of his statements and deeds against faqih and  also the people around him. Ahmadi nejad made lots of great changes to the life of poor areas and villagers and gave an open space to the industries. but rouhani stopped all his projects. 

Rouhani is following the neoliberalism guidlines. in his government poor people are being smashed. for 4 years he related every single thing in Iran to starting relations with US and Barjam and they finally did it and they got absolutely nothing serious in return !!! and new sanctions are still coming and being approved toward Iran !!!

his project on health which took a great part of the country budget and was their most important project is now known as a failed project and now poor jobless people have to pay much more for health .

(despite what Imam khomaini ordered) he is using many super rich people in his cabinet who can never understand the real needs of people. and many corrupted people around him such as his brother and his assistant brother and family members of his minister who has made big defalcations !!!!

most important:

In order to keep the prices inflation low, he started to import useless goods from here and there which led to many industries and factories being shut down and consequently many people being jobless. I can count more that 20 important factories which were closed during his time, putting aside the small business which are  experiencing a deep economic recession !!! all these just because he wanted to keep the inflation low by any means to mention that as an achievement and positive point of his policy !!!! and now the dam that he put in front of economy to stop inflation by any means, is exploding and that's why suddenly the price of euro and dollar  and many  goods which are consumed by ordinary low salary people exploded. 

The protests which are completely legitimate in Iran started with people experiencing deep recession and poor  and jobless people , being smashed under the government policies (nothing to do with pros or cons of any one)

but then it turned to riot by some other well-known terrorist groups who are always ready to get a chance. the experts in the scene claim that they are completely trained and armed forces  (making Molotovs in a short time at scene),  taking youth who are looking after excitement to the street with themselves and leading them to what they want. it is now nothing like an economic protest anymore. 

2 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

In my opinion, Mr Rohani has been a better president than Mr. Ahmadinejad and has had better achievements. Mr. Ahmadinejad made some great fatal mistakes. He didnt pay much attention to experts' advices and inflation rate increased a lot during his presidency.

Many voted for him ( Mr. Ahmadinejad) for the promises he made but now, the majority, even many of his former supporters are against him. They were going to try him in the court for his illegal deeds.

I just wanted to point out that this exact problem is facing Mr. Rouhani again. Mr. Rouhani has made promises with the public. He has said things he couldn't fulfill. He has used many emotional arguments in his election campaign winning votes mostly from the middle and upper class as well as the youth who are easily seduced by emotions. In reality, both of their governments failed to put forward a strong execute order in the country. It is even said that Mr. Rouhani's government has been the most corrupted and money-stealing government Iran has had.

My opinion is that both of them failed miserably and we are still in need of a president who can run things smoothly and if a certain promise is not possible to point that out at the very least. The "Iran doesn't have the money to do this or that" is an argument often used by Mr. Rouhani and his ministers but it does not suddenly improve Iran's situation. You wanted to be president which means you wanted to find solutions for problems. How did Cuba else survive till this day?

Edited by Khomeinist

1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Kenneth Roth is a liar, i know the absolute nonsense this man has spread on twitter on many political issues. The video is breathtaking , it needs 100,000 views. A call  , a call to brothers and sisters, spread the video to your contacts, on social media, to your family members.

I've seen worse than Kenneth Roth. At least Kenneth Roth used a random demonstration in Iran. A pro-Trump supporter on Facebook shared a video that received thousand of views calling it: "300,000 people protesting in Iran". I checked the video and you clearly saw Bahraini flags. It was the Bahraini march of 22nd of February 2011. Epic fail...

For those who wish to see fake anti-Iran propaganda in real life: click for the fb video

Edited by Khomeinist

1 minute ago, Khomeinist said:

I've seen worse than Kenneth Roth. At least Kenneth Roth used a random demonstration in Iran. A pro-Trump supporter on Facebook shared a video that received thousand of views calling it: "300,000 people protesting in Iran". I checked the video and you clearly saw Bahraini flags. It was the Bahraini march of 22nd of February 2011. Epic fail...

And for Bahrain, they remained silent.