pleaseforgiveme

anxiety, depression and ocd

Hi

its my first time posting and visiting this forum, i thought i might get a help.

I have been suffering from anxiety, depression for the last 6 years and now its been like 2 years that i am suffering from a serious ocd. few years ago i attempt sucide due to panic attacks and lifes personal matters, and hospitoal locked me and brought Psychiatrist. however i was on medication for few months, but for the last few years i have been taking that medication on/off.

its been like 2 months that i am seeing a psychologist once a week, and i am back to regular medication. however its my 3rd week of medication and i dont think its helping me, but the doctor and psychologist said it will start working after few weeks.

Now i wanna talk about OCD. i swear its killing me. i have divided my room into 2 sections. one side clean, and one side putting stuff when i use it for outside, like phone, wallet etc. however if they mix up with my other stuff i have to clean all of them and it takes hours. once i go outside no matter what, once i am back home i take bath for atleast 1 hour. and change clothes regularly. i am 25 years old and im so close to kill myself, caz i think i am making my family so stressed.

i cannot pray, i always cry and ask for forgiveness. being a muslim makes the ocd even worse, i am not blaming or anything but i mean it makes it more suspecious for my mind. lets say i wake up in the morning but i have only dreamed about a girl or etc, then my mind says oh wait you are not clean, you might look at your spot, and most of the time my negative mind wins and i go and bath for hours( ghusle janabat). sometimes in movie a scene comes etc, then same thing happens, i doubt myself.   should i kill myself ?

seeing all these, i cannot even pray at all. i wash 100000 of times a day if i touch something. even when i recite, i keep repeating the same thing, and i doubt etc. and it takes me ages to finish a short surah. waswaas is killing me

im suffering my friends. my psychologist doesnt know in these details. but i told him that i do have ocd.

i cry all the time, and i ask for forgiveness all the time caz i cannot pray bcaz i am sick. and i am sure i have read it in quran that if you are sick then god will understand.

i am controlling myself so hard not to harm myself, bcaz i understand its not good thing at all specially if you are a muslim and you know that you will end up in hell if you commit suicide, i hope i get better, but who knows when/where i might do it.

thank you whoever is reading and wishes to reply, but if you think i dont even deserve a reply, then just pray for me.

one thing else, most of the time when i cry, then i tell myself, remember god is testing you , or perhaps, good things will happen soon ,and god knows everything, and ofcourse all these sickness might have a reason.

First thing: Calm Down

You write like you are still panicky even though you likely do not feel an agitated state. You can be panicky mentally yet otherwise quiet to very quiet.

So though you are quiet, RELAX. lf you are not in the habit of just relaxing find something to relax with --sport, book, mosque, whatever. lt doesn't matter what and ignore the comments people make (except your doctor and his/her nurse), because you need to do this yourself.

The basic principle is that by understanding what these thoughts and urges really are, you can learn to manage the fear and anxiety that OCD causes. Managing your fear, in turn, will allow you to control your behavioural responses much more effectively. You will use biological knowledge and cognitive awareness to help you perform exposure and response prevention on your own. This strategy has four basic steps:

Step 1: Relabel
Step 2: Reattribute
Step 3: Refocus
Step 4: Revalue

The goal is to perform these steps daily. (The first three steps are especially important at the beginning of treatment.) Self-treatment is an essential part of this technique for learning to manage your responses to OCD on a day-to-day basis. Let's begin by learning the Four Steps.

Obsession and therapeutic recommendations from the perspective of Islam

In the writings of Islamic thinkers, there has been a lot of obsession with this disease.
In his book, Obsessed, Genesis and Growth and Cure, Mostafa Zaman writes in a book of obsessions of Islam about obsession:
Obsession is not limited to doubts in worship, purity, neglect, ablution and ghusl, not recitation and intention, but the obsession for religious leaders is much wider, and many things are a sign of obsession, including eating the soil, chewing the nails and scratching the beard.
Obsessive-compulsive disorder and need treatment, both mental and physical. Islam is more concerned with prevention than the treatment of the disease.
For the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder, in addition to the necessary prevention, there are other ways, such as prayer and divine healing. The necessary care is obtained by strengthening the physical and spiritual nerves. If we strengthen the body, we will strengthen the nerves and eliminate many diseases. It is effective and the foods that are used to treat obsessive-compulsive treatment include honey, pomegranate, dates, [edit] Water, dough, salt, meat, pears

Edited by Hameedeh
No brand names, please.

Read these verses to "eliminate obsessed and vain thoughts."
Imam Ja'far Sadiq (as) says: Everyone who writes with the faith of Sura, Mobarakeh al-Imran with pure intention and attention to God and its meaning.

According to the correspondent of the Qur'an and the etrat of the cultural group of the journalists' club,

On behalf of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH & HP), Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and Allah (the Prophet): I am the son of Al-Imran, and I am the Prophet (peace be upon him).

"Anyone who reads Sura al-Imran, for every verse from that, will be given to him on the bridge of hell"

Prophet Muhammad (PBUH & HP) Allah, peace be upon you, and my Lord: I am the son of Al-Imran, Yum al-Jumaat, and Allah, and Allah, even the Most High.

"Anyone who reads Sura al-Imran on Friday, Allah and angels will salute him until sunset"

Ali Abdullah, peace be upon him. Qal: I am the son of al-Bukhara and Al-Imran, and I am the son of Allah, the Imam Ali, like Al-Ghammatian, like Al-'Aba'a Tien.

Imam Sadiq (pbuh) said: "Anyone who read al-Qur'an and Al-Imran's surahs will come on the Day of Judgment when these two surahs shone like two pieces of cloud over him."

Zan al-Nabi, peace be upon him, and the Lord of the feathers: I am the Holy Quran of the Holy Qur'an, with all the words, I am the hell of hell ...

The Prophet (peace be upon him), peace be upon him, said: "Anyone who reads Sura al-Imran is to Allah for every single letter of this surah, which is a gift from the heat of the fire of Hell."

Works and Blessings of Surah Al-Imran

1) Troubleshooting

Imam Sadiq (pbuh) said: "If a person with a disadvantage accompanies it, God will make him easy and give him one day."

2) For headache

Imam Reza (pbuh) called for the treatment of pain. [Verse 8 of Al-Imran]: "Rabna wa Tiba Qo'wana later إذ هديتنا وهب لنا من لدنك رحمة إنك أنت الوهاهب"

3) To treat stomach pain

Everyone who believes in this verse is "" Rabana wa Tiba, the next, إذ هداتنا وهب لنا من لدنك رحمة إنك أنت الوهاهب ", on dates with pure intention and attention to God and its meaning, and to give someone to cause him stomach pain to eat Healed.

4) To facilitate delivery:

Imam Ja'far Sadiq (as) says: "Anyone who writes with the faith of Sura, Mobarakeh al-Imran with pure intention and attention to God and its meaning, because the pregnant woman has it with him, makes it easy to bear it.

5) Eliminating obsessive-compulsive thoughts:

الذين يقولون ربنا إننا آمنه فاغفر لنا ذنوبنا وونا عذاب النار )16(

Winners of the Wales and the Winners and Winners of the World Championship (17)

Shahid Allah, the Prophet and the Prophet (peace be upon him) and His Holiness the Prophet (peace be upon him)

Everyone who faithfully recite these verses to white sugar with pure intention and attention to God and its meaning, and resolve it to the dew that fell on the leaf, and for four consecutive days, to eat from it a siphon every day, and at the time of food Eating a white fig, obsessed with corrupt thoughts, and all the hardships will be easy for him.

6) To meet the needs

In some of the writings of Imam Mohammad Ghazali mentioned above, the Prophet (pbuh) said: "Whosoever holds on the faith, he should bow down on the prostrate, and revelations (26-27) of the Surah al-Imran with the intention and attention to God and Mean it:

Allah is the Most Merciful, Most Merciful, and Most Merciful, Most Merciful, Most Merciful, Most Merciful.

Towards the end of the earth, and the flow of money to the land, and the sale of the land, and the sale of the land to me,

Then read this prayer, let it be blessed by God:

Or Allah, or Allah, or Allah, the Almighty, Allah, the Almighty, Allah, Allah, and Allah, the Almighty, Allah, and Allah. Unique Lak Minister or Allah إقز حاجتی.

7) Safety from the wrongdoer

If a person who writes verses (122-226) at midnight on Friday, provided that the writer is abluent:

إذ همت طائي إطن منكم أن تفشلا والله وليهما وعلى الله فليتوكل المؤمنون )122(

Waiting for Nasrkam Allah, the Prophet and the Almighty Allah

إذ سكول للمؤمنين ألن منفيكم أن يمدكم ربكم بثلاثة آلاف من عملآئكة منزلين )124(

بلي إن تشبروا وتتقوا وائتكم من فورهم هذا يمددكم ربكم بخمسة آلاف من عملآئكة مسومين )125(

وما جعله الله إلا بشرى لكم ولتطمين قولكم به وما النسر إلا من عند الله العزيز الحكيم )126(

And when the morning prayer is set, he will sit up to sunrise and to commemorate and glorify, as the sun will rise to two prayers for prayers, and in the first verse (Fatiha) and the al-Qur'is, he will read with pure intention and attention to its meaning, and in the second Rak'at of Surah Fatiha and verses (285-285 al-Baqar):

"Amen al-Rasul, for the sake of Allah, be pleased with all of you, and for all that you have done, and for your sake, and for your sake, and for your sake,

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5231843/برای-رفع-وسواس-و-افکار-بیهوده-این-آیات-را-بخوانید

Ocular withdrawal
Question: It is a side-observer, I'm infected. Please help me to resolve it?

Answer: Most of the dehydration is cure and obesity. Impressions of "Falil" means: To say "Lahilah Allah" much.

To popular, p. 71

Temptation
Question: I am a person who has been tempted and thought for some time, and I live in pain and suffering, and I am afraid that the meaning of the verse is "I and I am the son of Zarr Rahman". Can I be a Imam of Congregation and use tuition? And I do not have the funds.

Answer: It is a great deal of goodness to repent of temptation, but it is a continuation of most of the "falsehood". And the use of tuition is a function of entitlement, albeit to poverty, unless the taxpayer has a different condition. The imam of congregation is not an obstacle.

http://hadana.ir/ذکر-برای-درمان-وسواس-از-آیت-الله-بهجت/

1 hour ago, shadow_of_light said:

The basic principle is that by understanding what these thoughts and urges really are, you can learn to manage the fear and anxiety that OCD causes. Managing your fear, in turn, will allow you to control your behavioural responses much more effectively. You will use biological knowledge and cognitive awareness to help you perform exposure and response prevention on your own. This strategy has four basic steps:

Step 1: Relabel
Step 2: Reattribute
Step 3: Refocus
Step 4: Revalue

The goal is to perform these steps daily. (The first three steps are especially important at the beginning of treatment.) Self-treatment is an essential part of this technique for learning to manage your responses to OCD on a day-to-day basis. Let's begin by learning the Four Steps.

can you explain these 4 steps abit more

Np, I too have OCD to an extent and it's annoying because it ruins my daily lifestyle. Just know that because you're actually caring about your religion, and you actually care how you present yourself before Allah, that Allah is pleased with you and that's all that matters.

Pray for the reappearance as well, insha'Allah this year will be the last year of waiting.

41 minutes ago, pleaseforgiveme said:

can you explain these 4 steps abit more

I copied it from the link below:

https://www.ocduk.org/four-steps

Dr Schwartz is an ocd therapist. I am sure your ocd will be treated if you carefully follow his instructions.

And dont forget that if your ocd is severe, a better result is achieved if you take medications at the same time.

Regarding the type of your ocd, I think exposure therapy works for you. At first, it may be very annoying but gradually you will feel better. An ocd sufferer is like an addicted person. You are addicted to your thoughts and the compulsory rituals you do in order to reduce your anxiety. Addicted ppl also take drugs for they give them a good feeling but the more they continue, the worse their situation will become.

Now, the therapy at first may be painful (here, mentally painful) but it has good results.

Study the link below:

https://www.anxietybc.com/adults/exposure-therapy-ocd-erp

16 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

I copied it from the link below:

https://www.ocduk.org/four-steps

Dr Schwartz is an ocd therapist. I am sure your ocd will be treated if you carefully follow his instructions.

And dont forget that if your ocd is severe, a better result is achieved if you take medications at the same time.

i am taking medication at the moment but its for my depression, not sure if it helps with ocd too

16 hours ago, Hussaini624 said:

Np, I too have OCD to an extent and it's annoying because it ruins my daily lifestyle. Just know that because you're actually caring about your religion, and you actually care how you present yourself before Allah, that Allah is pleased with you and that's all that matters.

Pray for the reappearance as well, insha'Allah this year will be the last year of waiting.

tnx, your this sentence made me feel so good