Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

On 12/01/2018 at 2:32 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

The new Snapchat update is just horrible and disgusting.

I don't have facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, or any social media. 

I feel people are plugged far too much into virtual worlds they lose a sense of the real people around them. When you go out with family, or with the brothers, and they are all on their phones, it defeats that human interaction. 

3 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

feel people are plugged far too much into virtual worlds they lose a sense of the real people around them. When you go out with family, or with the brothers, and they are all on their phones, it defeats that human interaction. 

I have to agree with you. The negatives of social media outweigh the positives.

What we can do is use them in moderation. 

3 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I don't have facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat, or any social media. 

I use Facebook to keep in touch with family and old friends who live far away.

I use Twitter to learn what scientists and engineers are doing before the media reports it - and I retweet a lot of Bernie Sanders. 

My addiction and preferred form of avoidance of social interaction is books. 

3 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I have to agree with you. The negatives of social media outweigh the positives.

What we can do is use them in moderation. 

And Suckerburgger wants to edit FaceBook so it becomes more like a family phone plan. Stock drops almost 5%.

l do not use social media, but who wants to talk to their family all the time?

On 1/13/2018 at 8:23 PM, hasanhh said:

And Suckerburgger wants to edit FaceBook so it becomes more like a family phone plan. Stock drops almost 5%.

l do not use social media, but who wants to talk to their family all the time?

Allowing Mark Zuckerberg into my personal life? Not thanks Jeff.

zuckerberg.jpg

Edited by Hameedeh
Extremely large image was resized.

Peace be upon the martyrs!

What clay were they made of and what clay are we made of?

For who does Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى describe martyrdom? What a pure heart such a person must have!

May Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless us all and our offspring with martyrdom fi sabillilah! What a waste to die an old man who has done nothing but to accumulate sins on sins throughout his life who has served and helped no one but himself.

Please recite a Fatiha and a heartfelt salawat.

A tribute to the Iranian martyrs in Syria:

So many non-Muslim youth are on drugs, listen to Music incessantly all the time, and generally have a perception that life is all there is, and the need to just 'live it up'. They engage in a lot of vain, pointless talk, while taking drugs and listening to Music.  [I know this by reliable testimony from many and detailed accounts].

What an empty life that must be.  I know it's wrong to generalise, and many aren't like that and aspire for better things, but many are also like that. It's sad to see Christianity decline and Atheism take over  in these countries. At least with Christianity [and when many of them were proper Christians and not by name] they had some moral groundwork and sense of accountability.

I have a theory: There's a spiritual gap that must be filled, and if it is not Allah [swt] it's going to be other things. 

PS: This isn't a 'holier than thou' attitude , because God knows best my flaws,  but i'm sure we can all agree aspiring to 'get high', listen to music like oxygen, and engage in pointless, constant, daily ridiculous aimless and often vulgar talk just speaks volumes about having a hole in your heart you're trying to fill.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Watching EAT, PRAY, LOVE and I find it ironic how the main character rejects love (until the end of the movie) while trying to cultivate self-love. 

I’ve noticed this with many people. They are reluctant to be vulnerable with someone, but are willing to “find themselves”. I’ve even notice some Muslim sisters, in the pursuit of Islam and knowledge, reject men entirely because somehow they view being with a potiential spouse as stifling in terms of religious growth, not realizing that marriage is also a part of Islam, and with the right partner, can inspire you to learn more about Islam. 

I just don’t agree with this narrative that significant others are stifling, yet this is the narrative that has been given the loudest voice. People don’t make good decisions, and if they have a bad experience with something, they tend to shove it down other people’s throats until people jump on the bandwagon and the shaming begins.

so the question is this: Why do we shame those who make decisions different from us? Where is this source of shame? How does it hinder authenticity within one’s self? I recently shamed someone for getting engaged when they can’t afford it and live with (literally) 10 other people in a three-bedroom house (she has two kids from a previous relationship and her fiancé has 1 and she’s 23.)

14 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Hameedeh
[Mod Note: Quote was shortened in length.]

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l wonder if Uhty Hameedeh is having an "identity crisis" --to use a phrase from the 70s.

She has had 3 icons in 4 days.

:D

[this is the just-a-thought-thread]

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Thank you.

Edited by Hameedeh
[Mod Note: Quote was shortened in length.]

I have seen this trend among rich people, they want to donate all their wealth and don't want to give anything to their own kids. I have also seen this trend among my rich relatives, the idea is that kids of rich people are pampered and spoiled and some poor people are more intelligent and they can make better use of that money. So rich people should support their kids until they complete their education and after that they should spend their money on people who deserve more. I think everyone knows that the money donated to charity organizations doesn't go to the needy. A small amount reaches the deserving people, the rest of it is spent on luxury by people who run the organization. So people who donate money to organizations are really giving their money to other people to waste while depriving their own children. My rich relatives, who claim that they want to help poor, they don't help the really poor people, but they just help a young person they like. It's more like a sugar daddy kind of set up. I feel that  muslims make speeches against darwin's theory so much, but we also follow the rule of "survival of the fittest" in our social interactions.

So what would you do? If a rich person offers to pay your tuition so that you can get a professional degree or gives you money to start your business, while you know that rich person's adult children are living on streets (because of unemployment), would you take that money and think that you earned that money (you can make better use of that money) or would you tell that rich person to first support his own children? 

Edited by rkazmi33