Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, wolverine said:

Along with the frozen shark story I heard that iguanas in Florida froze and fell from trees. This was the worst cold weather the US has seen in probably 20 years. 

The iguanas are an invasive species. I think people should have gathered all the frozen critters, packed them up, and shipped them back where they came from. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:40 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

I'd like to request my SC brothers and sisters to keep me in your prayers as I have some crucial exams coming up.

May Allah facilitate ease for you in the upcoming exams, Ilahiameen. Recite this Dua sister:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235055004-an-authentic-dua-for-quick-fulfilment-of-prayers/?do=findComment&comment=3106640

When you reach the end where it says Ka Dhaa wa Ka Dhaa  don't say those words, but speak your wishes in your own language.

Edited by Hameedeh
Duplicate removed. Please post the link to your post instead duplicating the same information.

Jaw is unwired early! 

(Yes, I had to write this in two threads because that’s how happy I am.) 

:D 

Had mashed potatoes and softened pasta for the first time today! The best meal I ever had.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:17 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:
On 1/6/2018 at 4:05 PM, notme said:

I have a family friend who keeps bees. She finds it very rewarding. She also grows a lot of fruits and flowers, so it all works together. 

Nice, look at how much money I could make: 

Beekeepers earn a median salary of $70,110 per year. Salaries typically start from $33,840 and go up to $119,530

Although I am not doing it solely for the money,  I feel inspired to take it as my job.

I guess that depends on where you are. My neighbour is getting out of the business because it's too much work for him. He was a lot closer to the lower end of the $ scale, 12-1600 liters. Good money if you have 100 hives and nothing else to do. I have one established hive and another colony in a shed wall. I stapled a coat over their opening in the wall hoping they make it through the winter. I'll move them in the spring. Lots to learn, but the product is a super food. I'm grateful I have a neighbour who knows about them. There's still stuff I don't know I don't know.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:19 PM, notme said:

The iguanas are an invasive species. I think people should have gathered all the frozen critters, packed them up, and shipped them back where they came from. 

Did you hear about the herpes-infected monkeys? Florida is a mess.

http://www.wkrg.com/news/state-regional/florida-wants-to-remove-herpes-excreting-wild-monkeys/909848884?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WKRG

Life is so unpredictable it isn't even funny anymore.

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Life is so predictably unpredictable...

This is the usual phrasing.

You have a lot of life experience brother. Good post.

1 hour ago, notme said:

If it were easy, what would be the point? :)

Sometimes it just blindsides you. Things you don't happen , happen. Things you never thought would happen, don't happen. No matter how hard you try to prepare , it just takes you for a ride. 

Unbelievable that kids can do something so dangerous. A new online challenge involves teenagers putting a Tide laundry-detergent pod in their mouth as a joke. The liquids in the pods are toxic and the pods are designed to dissolve when wet, so putting them in your mouth to be funny, even if you don't bite into them, will cause the pod to rupture and poison you. 

Tide Pod Challenge: The Viral Challenge Encouraging Teens To Eat Laundry Detergent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXqNHLpLWh0

poison.jpg

9 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

positive post.jpg

:angry:  ...   :dwarf:"There is no markings to show this is a positive post. Look at this here picture and see another construction."

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.doudfront.net/igi/DmiOCfwinwHCqeUf.medium 

Edit:

:ranting:"now the picture will not load. Another gov't conspiracy."

Edited by hasanhh
Response to Conspiratorial Activity