Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@yusur317 @notme @Islandsandmirrors @repenter @Hassan- @IbnSina @Sisterfatima1

Don't worry about me, I am safe and sound, alhamdullilah but I'm currently experiencing a blizzard with hurricane force winds. It is a pretty wild experience, it has been happening since 7 a.m. I didn't realize it was that bad until I looked outside of the front door. It's the kind of cold that chills the bones.

Fast winds are slamming

Against the wooden shingles;

White death kissed the ground

You have to dress really well and be as resilient as a lion.

Gaius, I hope this all is resolved soon! I’m so sorry to hear about the blizzard. Keep us updated. 

I’m trying to be patient with jaw surgery recovery—I’m getting emotional more easily because I miss chewing and real food. Blended foods (such as soup and ravioli) is nice, but not for an everyday, every meal situation. 

On a more positive note, I’m loving the new facial changes. And even more awesome, ALL MY TEETH TOUCH! 

:D

No more open bite! Or facial pain!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

The neighbor next food's power went out, there's a pretty good chance that ours will too. I hope that I am wrong, insha'Allah.

Here's some tips incase you need them.

From Arctic Warfare School: your body will adjust in 3 days; to have water pack snow into a container and place it inside your coat under your arm it will melt

An old infantry trick: if you have to go outside for any length of time and you do not have snow boots, take thin plastic -like SaranWrap, food wrap, newspaper's plastic wrap- and put this over your toes by wrapping ~one layer around the ball of your foot and then fold the remainder under your toes. NO more of your foot can be so encased. Then slide it into your shoe or boot.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Observation:  Massachusetts and Connecticut inundated by ice flows and associated flooding.

Conclusion: The Effects of Global Warming.

:hahaha:

:cry:"l knew it. Sniff sniff.  Boston Mayor says it is "global warming".

Even though the flooding occurred during high-tide plus a "supermoon", and waves reportedly were "throwing" ice flows, the Boston Mayor is blaming global warming.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/01/04/mayor-walsh-sees-climate-change-warning-boston-flooding/9l6NlNKzM0Y6cOjrbyxXnI/story.html 

FYI: Southern states do not have snow plows nor do they budget for snow removal, after all, they rarely have snow. The whole US has been in a deep freeze. Look at these temperatures from weather.com website:

freeze.jpg

30 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Update: I am considering beekeeping when it begins to warm up. It's quite prolific and wholesome.

I have a family friend who keeps bees. She finds it very rewarding. She also grows a lot of fruits and flowers, so it all works together. 

7 minutes ago, notme said:

I have a family friend who keeps bees. She finds it very rewarding. She also grows a lot of fruits and flowers, so it all works together. 

Nice, look at how much money I could make: 

Beekeepers earn a median salary of $70,110 per year. Salaries typically start from $33,840 and go up to $119,530

Although I am not doing it solely for the money,  I feel inspired to take it as my job.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:08 AM, hasanhh said:

France is remembering Je Sus Charlie today.

We can remember Lassana Bathily  from Mali who saved all those people.

There won't be a 'Je suis Celine' anniversary.

He was hardly the only French writer spewing anti-Semitism during the German occupation. But while, say, Pierre Drieu La Rochelle committed suicide and Robert Brasillach was shot after the liberation, Céline escaped to Denmark and, following an amnesty, returned to France in 1951 as a free man. Understandably, for some the desire to see him punished survived his death.

On the other hand, unlike Drieu La Rochelle and Brasillach, Céline is still widely read and, along with Proust and Camus, forms the cornerstone of 20th-century French literature. And no doubt this was why earlier this year France’s Culture Ministry considered it normal to include the anniversary of his death among the significant cultural events of 2011.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/30/opinion/30iht-edriding30.html

On 1/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, King said:

Enjoying the freezing cold here (-30 C). 

The South is still melting by daytime and freezing over at night to form a layer of ice for the morning commute. Monday is supposed to be warmer and perhaps the water will go down the drains. Hoping for this. :) 

On 1/2/2018 at 12:16 PM, ShiaChat Mod said:

I saw photos of Niagara Falls frozen; beautiful but so devastating, too. They found a shark frozen to death on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. 

Along with the frozen shark story I heard that iguanas in Florida froze and fell from trees. This was the worst cold weather the US has seen in probably 20 years.