Inner Peace

Thoughts 2018

Rate this topic

You know when a woman is being abused by her husband, and you try to support her and stop her husband. She starts attacking you, telling you that you are trying to break her marriage and trying to create problems between her and her husband. How do you react? It keeps happening to me, and may be this is my ego talking but I am sick of this. I tell those women, "go to hell, now even if he kills you in front of me, I won't come to help you". But I still constantly worry, and feel that I need to do something. If someone is being abused in front of you, and the victim fights with you, tells you to not interfere, are you allowed to become indifferent? 

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/video-surfaces-of-baseball-prospect-beating-girlfriend-on-surveillance-at-stadium/

Has anyone watched this? It's so hard to watch and the reaction of that girl is just shocking. She is so calm and looking at him like they are only having an argument. She even refused to press charges. I can never understand women like her and so many women are like her. Why am I not like that? 

17 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

We have the subscription to HP where you pay $3 a month and they automatically send you replacements when your ink runs out. The problem is, the ink never runs out. We purposely print out long documents and loads of full color pages to make it worth the cost but amazingly these ink cartridges that are the same size as regular cartridges last forever. Now it makes sense!

@wolverine

Evacuate the city, engage your defences, and get this man a shield

3db.gif

source.gif

27th April, here we come ! Wakanda forever! It's been rolled back! 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Salam 

my sister had a baby almost 2 weeks ago 

it was a shock for us all my poor sister was very close to dying we are lucky the doctors were able to save her and the babies life

if they didn’t deliver the baby she would of died within the hour 

keep your loved ones close 

I might be married sooner than I thought. It feels unreal.

37 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Really happy for you sis, congrats! :)

Most important question, have you started shopping yet? :D

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
Typo.

14 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Thank you! I appreciate it! :D

I actually haven’t! I really need to get started. 

Now why could any half-thinking man not see what is going on here?

9 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

9 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

8 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Thank you! I appreciate it! :D

I actually haven’t! I really need to get started. 

8 hours ago, notme said:

Congratulations! It'll be great to not have it hanging over you anymore. 

Summation: Getting Marred, Shopping, Shopping, Got Marred

Futuristic Prediction: Shopping for this, Shopping for that, Shopping for whatever, Shopping for whomever, ...

l can only pray that whomever lsIandswithMirrors snagged never ... repeat: never ... gives her a credit card.

10 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Subhanallah! Now there will be a new Junglesandmirrors in town.

Jokes aside, Congratulations in advance! Inshallah everything will go alright. :grin:

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

On 3/16/2018 at 11:50 PM, Intellectual Resistance said:

@wolverine

source.gif

27th April, here we come ! Wakanda forever! It's been rolled back! 

:cool: Can I watch Avengers: Infinity War without seeing Black Panther first? That is the question. 

Edited by wolverine
yes?

23 hours ago, wolverine said:

:cool: Can I watch Avengers: Infinity War without seeing Black Panther first? That is the question. 

Watch Black Panther. I would even argue you ought to watch Thor Ragnorak, previous Marvel Movies, and Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 (as i will do so). 

On 3/16/2018 at 10:28 AM, rkazmi33 said:

You know when a woman is being abused by her husband, and you try to support her and stop her husband. She starts attacking you, telling you that you are trying to break her marriage and trying to create problems between her and her husband. How do you react? It keeps happening to me, and may be this is my ego talking but I am sick of this. I tell those women, "go to hell, now even if he kills you in front of me, I won't come to help you". But I still constantly worry, and feel that I need to do something. If someone is being abused in front of you, and the victim fights with you, tells you to not interfere, are you allowed to become indifferent?

Salam

You are doing good, good intention, trying to help the community. Allah sees your deed and you will be rewarded, do not worry at all!

Now I do not know what is going through those women's minds, but they're clearly not grateful. I think that you did what you could, you will be rewarded by Allah, and your job is done.

11 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Watch Black Panther. I would even argue you ought to watch Thor Ragnorak, previous Marvel Movies, and Guardians of the Galaxy 1 and 2 (as i will do so). 

Watched everything MCU up to now, even Ant-Man, except Black Panther. So little time. smh

Oh, I forgot. I haven't seen Thor Ragnorak. Saw other Thor films, though. 

Edited by wolverine
Thor Ragnorak

On 09/03/2018 at 10:06 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

A vile letter encouraging a "punish a Muslim" points-scoring game in the U.K has been reported to police.

The threatening letter, which has also been circulated online, urged its recipients to join a national day of violence against Muslims in April.

It asked people to carry out violent acts including verbal abuse, removing a woman’s hijab or head-scarf, physical assault and using acid as a weapon.

These were ranked using a points-based system, with the letter stating: “There will be rewards based on action taken”.

UK Muslims respond to hate letter of "Punish a Muslim day" being circulated around parts of the UK with "Love a Muslim day".

image.png.431c761d17d654b1a544ce69976d51a7.png

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

14 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

UK Muslims respond to hate letter of "Punish a Muslim day" being circulated around parts of the UK with "Love a Muslim day".

image.png.431c761d17d654b1a544ce69976d51a7.png

And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend. (Quran 41:34)

Human beings as individuals are egotistic, and as groups very tribal.

As individuals we are very unwilling - many of us - to ever recognise the view of the other, because it might question our own world view. We would rather sink than thrive and float, if it means acknowledging we are wrong.

As groups, we form tribes and are hostile to others. If someone does something bad, you find people are hostile to all of the members of that tribe. If a Muslim does something wrong, they blame all muslims and begin their anti-Islamic chants. If they find a Shia doing something bad, they are quick to attack all of us and hurl insults. If they find a Sunni doing something bad, they will attack all of them and hurl insults against their beliefs, open or covert.

Many of these behaviours have root in our brain and our history , and that is certainly a test from Allah. You see these sorts of behaviours online and offline, and if you study it enough, it's very easy to recognise the same patterns emerging again and again.

The world would have been a much better place if the ego and the tribalism were conquered as much as is possible. Having said that, it makes sense to be in such a system, because people have a choice about how they will approach the world, both in themselves and with others. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance