alidu78

What do think about demonstrations in Iran

Rate this topic

I think what the Iranian people and others should realize is that if you compromise with the real axis of evil (US, Saudi, Israel) you get nothing in return. Look, the past two years Iran has opened up completely to the Inspections regime and abided by their contract. What has happened is that most of the sanctions are still in place, and whatever sanctions were lifted Trump is constantly threatening to reimpose, US is how threatening other governments that if they do business with Iran, they will not be able to do business with the US. Basically attempting to impose an economic boycott thru other means (and the usual means) which is an act of war, even though Iran is abiding by the terms of the agreement. That is why I think most of the protesters are seeking reforms within the current system (IRI) rather than calling for the 'downfall of the regime'. Because they realize that the ones who are calling for the downfall of the regime (MKO and other terrorist organizations) are those US / Israel backed groups which don't really care about Iran or the Iranian people but are only looking for their own short term benefit. This is becoming more obvious day by day. 

So I think what will happen as a result of this is Iran and other countries will realize that the US is not an 'honest broker' and is not interested in real cooperation or establishment of trust relationships. They are only interested in what they can gain, short term, from the relationship. So you will see countries, and this is already starting to happen, bypass the US and the UN and make bilateral and regional agreements, like what happened with the Syrian peace process, that is moving forward without the US, and just today North and South Korea have decided to hold bilateral talks without the US. And the US will become less and less relevant on the world stage as time goes by. 

8 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l was watching CBS This Morning.

They showed demonstrations in London and at the Brandenburg Gate (Berlin).

What if Iran started sending in foreign opposition parties into the UK and Germany in an attempt to cause a regime change? What if Iran started covering these protests the same way the west is covering the protests in Iran? Honestly if any of this happened it would be very funny. 

32 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^ "lsIamic Republic of England" does have a nice ring to it.

Also someone like Ayatollah Khamenai and Qom seminary should do a parody of this:

"In June 2009 Brookings Institute published a manual on how to overthrow the Iranian government or to take control of the country. "Iran junkie" Maloney was one of the authors. WHICH PATH TO PERSIA? - Options for a New American Strategy toward Iran (pdf) came in four parts:

• Part I - Dissuading Tehran: The Diplomatic options.
  • Part II - Disarming Tehran: The Military options
  • Part III - Toppling Tehran: Regime Change
  • Part IV - Deterring Tehran: Containment

Part III includes:

• Chapter 6: The Velvet revolution: supporting a Popular Uprising
  • Chapter 7: Inspiring an insurgency: supporting Iranian Minority and opposition Groups
  • Chapter 8: The coup: supporting a Military Move against the regime" 

And have the parody be: 

"Qom seminary published a manual on how to overthrow western governments or to take control of western countries. "Western junkie" Khamenai was one of the authors. WHICH PATH TO THE WEST? - Options for a New Iranian Strategy toward the West (pdf) came in four parts:

• Part I - Dissuading Washington: The Diplomatic options.
  • Part II - Disarming Washington: The Military options
  • Part III - Toppling Washington: Regime Change
  • Part IV - Deterring Washington: Containment

Part III includes:

• Chapter 6: The Red, white, and Blue revolution: supporting a Popular Uprising
  • Chapter 7: Inspiring an insurgency: supporting Western Minority and opposition Groups
  • Chapter 8: The coup: supporting a Military Move against their local western Regimes"

DISLCLAIMER: For all the non-muslims and muslims reading this, the parody was a joke. A JOKE. So I don't want to see any serious emotional fanfare about "Muslims taking over the West". Got it? Good. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

39 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Not surprisingly, the UNSC turned down a US request for an emergency meeting on lran.

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/01/03/547695/Iran-UNSC-Nikki-Haley-Kairat-Umarov 

They're blowing it out of proportion tbh, there are legitimate grievances people have, but the protests aren't that large in number, if this was another country it wouldn't make the news given the numbers tbh. It seems a segment of the protests were about regime change in Iran, but by no means all and all of a sudden the media seems to be going on and on about another revolution happening now. There's a lot of misinformation coming out of twitter too, the death toll is in the low 20's I think, but many of these people killed have not in fact been killed by the police but by rioters themselves. One of the children many Iranian activists in the West said had been killed actually was not killed, he released a video saying he was fine. Another child killed wasn't killed by the police but by rioters who essentially drove into him. There have also been rioters who burned down a police station and a mosque. There are also demonstrations against these people who also support the peaceful protests against corruption, etc. So, it seems its only a minority that's keen on fomenting chaos and destruction, but the way the media portrays it is that the security forces are killing peaceful protesters.

Edited by Mohamed1993

14 hours ago, Abu Hadi said:

I think what the Iranian people and others should realize is that if you compromise with the real axis of evil (US, Saudi, Israel) you get nothing in return. Look, the past two years Iran has opened up completely to the Inspections regime and abided by their contract. What has happened is that most of the sanctions are still in place, and whatever sanctions were lifted Trump is constantly threatening to reimpose, US is how threatening other governments that if they do business with Iran, they will not be able to do business with the US. Basically attempting to impose an economic boycott thru other means (and the usual means) which is an act of war, even though Iran is abiding by the terms of the agreement. That is why I think most of the protesters are seeking reforms within the current system (IRI) rather than calling for the 'downfall of the regime'. Because they realize that the ones who are calling for the downfall of the regime (MKO and other terrorist organizations) are those US / Israel backed groups which don't really care about Iran or the Iranian people but are only looking for their own short term benefit. This is becoming more obvious day by day. 

So I think what will happen as a result of this is Iran and other countries will realize that the US is not an 'honest broker' and is not interested in real cooperation or establishment of trust relationships. They are only interested in what they can gain, short term, from the relationship. So you will see countries, and this is already starting to happen, bypass the US and the UN and make bilateral and regional agreements, like what happened with the Syrian peace process, that is moving forward without the US, and just today North and South Korea have decided to hold bilateral talks without the US. And the US will become less and less relevant on the world stage as time goes by. 

There are so many other countries Iran can trade with other than Israel and USA. What is the problem? 

2 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

What if Iran started sending in foreign opposition parties into the UK and Germany in an attempt to cause a regime change? What if Iran started covering these protests the same way the west is covering the protests in Iran? Honestly if any of this happened it would be very funny. 

Has anybody claimed foreign parties have been sent into Iran?

20 people died, what is funny with western coverage of Iranian demonstrations?

6 minutes ago, andres said:

For your first point, You must not be paying attention to the news (not by western media). 

Also as for the 20 dead figure. Here is an uncomfortable truth: "The total death toll of the "peaceful protests" is now some 21 of which (by my count) at least five were policemen killed in attacks by "protesters" and two unrelated civilians who were run over and killed by rioters driving a stolen firetruck. Six rioters were killed when they tried to attack a police station in the town of Qahderijan. The governor there claimed that the attackers were armed with guns."

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/01/iran-protests-decrease-riots-increase-us-prepares-for-the-next-phase.html#more

(I suggest reading the entire link for more information)

I assume you could care less about the 5 cops being killed? Or the two protesters who were run over by... other protesters. Or the 6 rioters who tried to invade a freaking police station, and in anyone's book at that point killing the invaders would not be seen as unsusal though undesirable. But here is thing, everyone and they mama cares only about the civilians killed by police but don't seem to care about the other half of the casualty figures. 

1 hour ago, Guest Account Ali said:

For your first point, You must not be paying attention to the news (not by western media). 

Also as for the 20 dead figure. Here is an uncomfortable truth: "The total death toll of the "peaceful protests" is now some 21 of which (by my count) at least five were policemen killed in attacks by "protesters" and two unrelated civilians who were run over and killed by rioters driving a stolen firetruck. Six rioters were killed when they tried to attack a police station in the town of Qahderijan. The governor there claimed that the attackers were armed with guns."

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2018/01/iran-protests-decrease-riots-increase-us-prepares-for-the-next-phase.html#more

(I suggest reading the entire link for more information)

I assume you could care less about the 5 cops being killed? Or the two protesters who were run over by... other protesters. Or the 6 rioters who tried to invade a freaking police station, and in anyone's book at that point killing the invaders would not be seen as unsusal though undesirable. But here is thing, everyone and they mama cares only about the civilians killed by police but don't seem to care about the other half of the casualty figures. 

Ok. 21 dead during demonstration is worse than 20. Whoever they were, police or civilians, this is news that will be reported no matter where in the world it happened

Have the Iranian police arrested foreigners, this will also be of interest for all newsagencies.

1 hour ago, andres said:

Western coverage is among the most dishonest coverage you can get when it comes to these kind of situations.

20 people die while vandalizing the streets in Iran, sorry I mean "demonstrating" and the whole western media goes crazy with everyone racing to condemn it and telling Iran that "we are watching".

X thousands of people die continuously in Yemen by bomb drops of saudi and starvation and sickness and the best you will get is some tired trainee at the paper office writing a small news line about it.  

15 minutes ago, andres said:

Ok. 21 dead during demonstration is worse than 20. Whoever they were, police or civilians, this is news that will be reported no matter where in the world it happened

Have the Iranian police arrested foreigners, this will also be of interest for all newsagencies.

Bruh you are distracting from what I called you out on. Mainly your crocodile tears of the 20-21 dead figure. Of which just as many of those dead if not close to half are police and protestors killing protestors and protestors going completely insane and invading police stations. But nobody and they mama cares about these incidents.

And you still have not replied to me asking if you care about the police being killed just as you do about some of the "protesters" (see rioters) being killed. Sure, killing rioters is not desirable, but when they are vandalizing the streets we ain't exactly gonna hug them and shoot lollipops at them. Detainment even according to Iranian news was the objective for these rioters but things can sometimes escalate (see Ferguson and Occupy wall street)

And as for the foreign party investment. Read comments from others on here that mention MKO involvement, Satanist group involvement, and pro shah elements that are involved. And also not to mention other users here saying some of the protest videos are emerging as fake. 

Edited by Guest Account Ali

7 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Bruh you are distracting from what I called you out on. Mainly your crocodile tears of the 20-21 dead figure. Of which just as many of those dead if not close to half are police themselves. But nobody and they mama cares about their deaths.

And you still have not replied to me asking if you care about the police being killed just as you do about some of the protesters being killed. 

And as for the foreign party investment. Read comments from others on here that mention MKO involvement, Satanist group involvement, and pro shah elements that are involved. And also not to mention other users here saying some of the protest videos are emerging as fake. 

Why would I care less over policemen dying than civilians? 

The Iranian president say the demonstrators are people frustrated over their economy. This makes more sense to me than were they Satanists. 

7 hours ago, andres said:

Why would I care less over policemen dying than civilians? 

The Iranian president say the demonstrators are people frustrated over their economy. This makes more sense to me than were they Satanists. 

Bruh, there is a difference between protesters and rioters. The rioters are indeed foreign elements meant to take things to a new level. The protesters are genuine. Unfortunately, the rioters want to appear as protesters. And this is where the conflict is. These rioters (with clearly bad intentions) is something Iran has recognized are the real foreign elements and threats and are from what I have read on this thread something the police in Iran know all to well. But of course, western media coverage wants to make you think that the rioters are legitimate protesters. At least that is how Reuters, etc is depicting them. 

French President on the situation in Iran

-------

“The official line pursued by the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia, who are our allies in many ways, is almost one that would lead us to war,” Macron told reporters.

The line being taken was “a deliberate strategy for some,” he said.

France, he said, wanted to maintain some balance.

“Otherwise, we end up surreptitiously rebuilding an ‘axis of evil’,” he said, referring to a comment by former U.S. President George W. Bush, who once used that term to describe countries including Iran, Iraq and North Korea.

Macron also said he would only visit Iran if there was a return to calm and respect for freedoms.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-iran-rallies-macron/macron-urges-dialogue-with-iran-rebukes-u-s-israel-for-bellicose-comments-idUKKBN1ES1TU?il=0

Lets not forget, Macron also intervened when Saudis were holding Hariri hostage and asked him to resign; to stop Lebanon being destabilized.

3 hours ago, Guest Account Ali said:

Bruh, there is a difference between protesters and rioters. The rioters are indeed foreign elements meant to take things to a new level. The protesters are genuine. Unfortunately, the rioters want to appear as protesters. And this is where the conflict is. These rioters (with clearly bad intentions) is something Iran has recognized are the real foreign elements and threats and are from what I have read on this thread something the police in Iran know all to well. But of course, western media coverage wants to make you think that the rioters are legitimate protesters. At least that is how Reuters, etc is depicting them. 

I agree. Very often, when there are demonstrations, rioters see an opportunity to vandalise. This happens also in Sweden. Vandalisers exist everywhere, and they are good for nothing. From the news I have seen, my impression is that most demonstrations were peaceful. 

28 minutes ago, shiasoldier786 said:

Looks like its all over and things are under control now. 

We can now watch the priceless reaction and disappointment of those who said that Iran was on the brink of a collapse. :grin:

Collapse would be a disaster. Slow changes are better than revolutions. Iran has got the potential of becoming a good nation for people to live in. 

[i'm not iranian]. it's already is and no doubt could be better. here's why. it's the only country on planet earth which forbids riba (usury).

According to this law, Iranian banks can only engage in interest-free Islamic transactions (as interest is considered usury or "riba" and is forbidden by Islam and the holy book of Qur’an).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Bank_of_the_Islamic_Republic_of_Iran

realistically, a government full of justice and oppression free is only possible during imam mahdi (atjf). so in the mean time, let's not add more corruption on planet earth.

i think the protestors should realize the money spent on neighboring countries is to ensure the battle won't come to downtown Tehran.

if they start spending less on their foreign allies, their regional influence will wither away and that woud make them incredibly vulnerable. Then US and their regiona enemies will be abe to BURN their country to the ground, just like they've already burned Iraq, Libya and Syria to the ground.

Tehran has been clear about this for many years now. The IRGC even states this explicitly: we are fighting until the bitter end or sweet victory in Aleppo and Damasqus because otherwise the enemy will bring the battle to downrtown Tehran

https://www.reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar/comments/7nw1ec/impact_on_war_if_iran_situation_devolves/

Edited by justAnothermuslim

1 hour ago, andres said:

Collapse would be a disaster. Slow changes are better than revolutions. Iran has got the potential of becoming a good nation for people to live in. 

I don't think you understand what you mean by slow changes. These changes are not going to be towards a liberal secular democracy like Sweden. Iran never is going to become like that. Iranians collectively have always historically and even into the future will continue to be very conservative religiously. And the recent protests should tell you that Iranians are now fed up with the reformists and their agenda and now will start characteristically voting for the traditionalists. And then back and fourth, sort of like (ironically) the United States. 

In fact, it is funny since Iran and the US are more similar to each other than either would like to admit in more ways than one.