Jump to content
alidu78

What do think about demonstrations in Iran

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On some anti Islamic Republic website we read that there are actually many demonstrations against the Islamic Republic chanting "death to rohani and forget about gaza care about Iran". 

Could someone from Iran could advise me if these protestor are many or marginals? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Western media is blaming economic woes for the protests: Iranians are 30% poorer than they were 10 years ago, double-digit inflation, the price of eggs doubled in a week, etc.

But I am sure there are other elements involved as well, such as anti-clerical groups, etc.

It would be interesting to hear from people within the country as to what is going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Silas said:

Western media is blaming economic woes for the protests: Iranians are 30% poorer than they were 10 years ago, double-digit inflation, the price of eggs doubled in a week, etc.

But I am sure there are other elements involved as well, such as anti-clerical groups, etc.

It would be interesting to hear from people within the country as to what is going on 

How could we explain this economic issue? Sanctions from west or also bad economic gestion ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it would take much to normalize relations between the US and Iran (and the west in general).

Both sides would have to make concessions: Iran would have to relax some of its laws and soften its approach toward political and ideological dissent, dismantle any attempts at creating a nuclear weapon, and improve relations with the Arab states and Israel

The US would have to end all sanctions, recognize the legitimacy of the Iranian government, and formulate a formal treaty

The current situation is bad for all sides and makes zero sense. A vast majority of Americans (and people in the west) have absolutely no ill-will towards Iran or its people, and many believe that Shia Islam is the "true" Islam, unlike the violent radicalism of the Salafists/Wahhabists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

تظاهرات مشهد | شعارهای ضد دولتی در تظاهرات مشهد

تظاهرات, مشهد, نظاهرات مشهد, تظاهرات در مشهد, تظاهرات امروز مشهد, راهپیمایی مشهد, راهپیمایی امروز مشهد, تظاهرات امروز در مشهد, ماجرای تظاهرات در مشهد, تظاهرات امروز, تجمع مشهد, تجمع در مشهد, تجمع مردم مشهد, امروز مشهد, در مشهد چه خبر است,

تظاهرات در مشهد | امروز پنج شنبه هفتم دی ماه شهر مشهد شاهد تظاهرات عده ای علیه دولت حسن روحانی بود. در تظاهرات امروز مشهد که با حضور مردم در مقابل تالار شهر مشهد آغاز شد، شعارهایی علیه دولت، گرانی و وضع معیشت مردم داده شد. 

به گزارش آفتاب، عده ای از مردم مشهد صبح امروز پنج شنبه 7 دی با برگزاری راهپیمایی علیه دولت روحانی شعار دادند.
این تجمع و تظاهرات در مقابل تالار شهر مشهد و با دادن شعارهایی علیه دولت همراه بود.
شهر مشهد دومین شهر بزرگ و پر جمعیت ایران و مرکز استان خراسان رضوی است که همه ساله عده ی زیادی از ایرانیان برای زیارت حرم امام هشتم علیه السلام به آنجا سفر می کنند.
حضور حجت الاسلام رئیسی تولیت آستان مقدس رضوی در آخرین انتخابات ریاست جمهوری و رقابت با روحانی رییس جمهوری، این شهر را  در مرکز توجه وقایع انتخاباتی
قرار داده بود.
Mashhad demonstration | Anti-government slogans at Mashhad protests
 
Today, Thursday, January 7th in Mashhad, there was a demonstration against the government of Hassan Rouhani. In today's demonstrations in Mashhad, which began with the presence of people in front of Mashhad Hall, slogans against the government, the cost and livelihood of the people were given. According to Aftab, a number of people in Mashhad chanted slogans against the government of Rohani on Saturday morning. This gathering and demonstration in front of Mashhad Hall was accompanied by slogans against the government. Mashhad is the second largest and most densely populated city in Iran and the capital of Khorasan Razavi province, which is visited by many people from Iran for pilgrimage to the shrine of the eighth Imam (AS). Presence of Hojjatoleslam Raissi Tuliyat Holy Holy Razavi in the last presidential election and rivalry with President Rouhani, made the city the focus of the election campaign Had put
 
 
in my opinion it was because of results of presidential election of Rouhani 
that they want to use it against him & his supporter group in order to for next preseidential election nobody from his party will elect for presidency because the day before that Imam Khamenei condemns Ahmadinejad  but it was not propagated in foreign media.
 
Understanding is the secret of people's beliefs and people's faith; they want to eliminate this faith. Now, if it did not succeed in the ages of the ages, [it wants to] eliminate this belief in young, young and new generation, that the people are no longer behind the revolution and this system, its goal is. To disappoint people, pessimize people, take people's confidence and show the future dark, something that today has an enemy.  Unfortunately, within the same group, they do the same thing to the enemy; now some people understand what they are doing; some do not understand and do; the same thing is the enemy: disappointing people, blaming this and that, the enemy's horny lying to the right Pretending to be in the minds of people. These are things that, unfortunately, there are some people inside. Those who do the work of the enemy do not have any virtue; religion is a political one; their religion is political rather than politics. Our politics must be religious, not our religionists in the direction of political affairs, in pursuit of political and political ends; these are not; they do not have the same virtue; they do the same thing for the enemy, in order to strengthen the faction, they will crush the faction; Raise the flancx, lower the flancx. These are the things that are unfortunately carried out inside.  Some people are out of the media, some are media owners, owning a news site, owning billboards and talking, speaking, [but] not mindful; they do not respect God, not religion, not justice, as the enemy wants [ they do]. The enemy, with all its enthusiasm and enthusiasm, finds itself inside such things, today, as they say, you will see tonight in British radio and American radio, and this is a huge reflection. They rejoice at the enemy, they rejoice at the enemy against the nation and against the Islamic regime; at the expense of disappointing the people, disappointing the younger generation and the new generation. Particularly those who have all their managerial facilities or hands on them today, they do not care. There are people and people are observing that today all the facilities of the state are available to them, or they have all the administrative facilities available to them today, then the role of the opposition comes to them in the name of the Far East. These people who have the country at their disposal or have them at their disposal, these no longer have the right to speak against the country, take a stand; they must take a responsible stand, they must be held accountable. I can not claim, but I must be accountable and answer what I did with these possibilities. Instead of answering, they will come to play the role of the contender against this; to speak against it; it does not; people do not accept this. Now, one might think that it affects people; no, people are aware, understand, they do not accept that.
 
 
 
Excerpts of visit: Criticism with slander and hypocrisy is forbidden
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://donya-e-eqtesad.com/بخش-سایت-خوان-62/3332754-اولین-واکنش-احمدی-نژادی-ها-به-سخنان-رهبری-جوانفکر-حرف-بی-بی-سی-را-تکرار-می-کنید

the Iranians are unsatisfied because of economics corruption but not widely  supports that demonstration the foreign media are trying to exaggerate that demonstration for their propaganda against Iran government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salam,

Let me clarify somethings. Some of the "protests" being posted on twitter are fake or old dating back to 2009 and not recent. Alot of the videos too are un-verifiable and we cannot make out what city it is in or who the people exactly are. I know in the case of Kirmanshan this appears to be utter rubbish, considering their chant here: 

Supposedly this is Kirmanshani Kurds chanting Pro-Shahist slogans, go figure... 

I do believe there are legitimate socio-economic problems facing Iranians, namely rising unemployment, inflation and are social services lacking. However considering the amount of these so called protestors chanting Pro-Shah slogans, their views cause is de-legitimized by this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will some of you in lRl make the best answer you can?

BBC  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-42512946  and BBC-Amerika are saying these "anti-gov't  demonstrations" are about "high prices", anti-Hexbullah and "anti-clerical rule".

However, DeutscheWelle -- http://www.dw.com/en/iran-protests-traced-to-past-economic-mishaps/a-41974090 -- the 'cause' is bank failures and "illegal financial institutions".

Mashad is -from this news- is still suffering from the earthquake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, Silas said:

I don't think it would take much to normalize relations between the US and Iran (and the west in general).

Both sides would have to make concessions: Iran would have to relax some of its laws and soften its approach toward political and ideological dissent, dismantle any attempts at creating a nuclear weapon, and improve relations with the Arab states and Israel

The US would have to end all sanctions, recognize the legitimacy of the Iranian government, and formulate a formal treaty

The current situation is bad for all sides and makes zero sense. A vast majority of Americans (and people in the west) have absolutely no ill-will towards Iran or its people, and many believe that Shia Islam is the "true" Islam, unlike the violent radicalism of the Salafists/Wahhabists.

On foreign policy terms I think good will begets good will, so if they want the Iranians to tone down the anti-Israel rhetoric and the hostility, the Americans would have to cut-off their aid to Israel, or something along those lines. Can't expect one side to capitulate toward your interests if you are not willing to make concessions. So if you expect Iran to change their foreign policy, the US would have to change its one-sided policy toward Israel and it turning a blind eye to the gulf states sponsorship of terrorism.

Iran doesn't have a nuclear weapons program, the IAEA has through repeated inspections confirmed Iran's living up to the deal.

I think if you haven't you should watch Hillary Mann Leverett's speech about how to normalize ties. It would start with going back to the 1981 position of the US that all Israeli settlements built on occupied territories are illegal period. It would also have to involve following the US constitution in that all military aid to member states that are non-signatory to the NPT and possess nuclear weapons should be ceased. To respect elections. To stop militarising protests by either arming the governments or even the protestors. Check out this video, the last 3 minutes in particular; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHS_557osQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2017 at 11:22 AM, alidu78 said:

On some anti Islamic Republic website we read that there are actually many demonstrations against the Islamic Republic chanting "death to rohani and forget about gaza care about Iran". 

Could someone from Iran could advise me if these protestor are many or marginals? 

If one looks at www.presstv.ir there are no reports of demonstrations and everything seems to be calm within Iran. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Silas said:

I don't think it would take much to normalize relations between the US and Iran (and the west in general).

Both sides would have to make concessions: Iran would have to relax some of its laws and soften its approach toward political and ideological dissent, dismantle any attempts at creating a nuclear weapon, and improve relations with the Arab states and Israel

The US would have to end all sanctions, recognize the legitimacy of the Iranian government, and formulate a formal treaty

The current situation is bad for all sides and makes zero sense. A vast majority of Americans (and people in the west) have absolutely no ill-will towards Iran or its people, and many believe that Shia Islam is the "true" Islam, unlike the violent radicalism of the Salafists/Wahhabists.

really, americans and westerners think shia islam is true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lion of Shia said:

really, americans and westerners think shia islam is true?

Salam this is true but the problem is between two governments policy Iran was a shia country before revolution but had the best relation with USA & Israel gov people of america & Iran can accept each other but governments cant accept each other Doctrine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what is going on is getting very exaggerated and I think there are foreign groups that have interested in exaggerating the situation.

Furthermore, it is no surprise that poverty, unemployment and inflation is on the rise because this is exactly what the aim of the sanctions directed towards Iran is all about.

The sanctions are there to make life harder for every day people, this will naturally cause and unrest and unhappiness among the citizens of the nations which will ultimately build an opinion against the sitting government, because people blaming the sitting government is the go to answer for all your problems. Yet nobody stops to think what role the sanctions put on Iran by foreign powers because Iran does not wish to be a lap top nation has to do with the harder life conditions.

Iran lacks nothing in terms of natural resources or opportunities or educated people that would cause such economical unrest so one must ask themselves what is the major cause of the situation? Yes, there is corruption, much like in the rest of the world, but it is not the major cause for this situation, it is the sanctions and it is exactly what the aim of the sanctions are.

Furthermore, as far as I have understood it, the demonstration in Mashhad were originally done by pro-ahmadinejad people against rohani but was then hijacked by anti IR groups as they saw the opportunity and then it was bloated x 1000 by western media because they hate the Iranian government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, andres said:

Demonstrations in support of the government and against foreign meddling in internal affairs (there is a big history of that).

And it was a hundred times bigger than the demonstrations few days ago, did it get the same western media cover?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Demonstrations in support of the government and against foreign meddling in internal affairs (there is a big history of that).

And it was a hundred times bigger than the demonstrations few days ago, did it get the same western media cover?

Presstv says the huge demonstrations today are in memory of a pro-Islamic demonstratio december 9th 2009. Do Iranians have a tradition to conmemorate every 8th year?

Edited by andres

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@andres

Please see bellow:

5 hours ago, AmirAlmuminin Lover said:

8 years ago a group of people disrespected Ashoura and Ayatollah Khamenei in Iran. People came to streets on 30th Dec 2009 and supported Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic of Iran. Those people who protested against Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic were guided by US government and some European embassies in Iran.

Anyway, from 2009 to present, people always come to streets on Dec 30 to support Ayatollah Khamenei and Islamic Republic.

The reason I said tomorrow is a big day is because of these protests yesterday and today that are guided by US for sure. You'll hear the news later on. Please pray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, andres said:

I cannot see that presstv say there were demonstrations a few days ago. What it says is that the huge demonstrations today are in memory of a pro-Islamic demonstratio december 9th 2009. Do Iranians have a tradition to conmemorate every 8th year?

Hi it happens every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IbnSina said:

I think what is going on is getting very exaggerated and I think there are foreign groups that have interested in exaggerating the situation.

Furthermore, it is no surprise that poverty, unemployment and inflation is on the rise because this is exactly what the aim of the sanctions directed towards Iran is all about.

The sanctions are there to make life harder for every day people, this will naturally cause and unrest and unhappiness among the citizens of the nations which will ultimately build an opinion against the sitting government, because people blaming the sitting government is the go to answer for all your problems. Yet nobody stops to think what role the sanctions put on Iran by foreign powers because Iran does not wish to be a lap top nation has to do with the harder life conditions.

Iran lacks nothing in terms of natural resources or opportunities or educated people that would cause such economical unrest so one must ask themselves what is the major cause of the situation? Yes, there is corruption, much like in the rest of the world, but it is not the major cause for this situation, it is the sanctions and it is exactly what the aim of the sanctions are.

Furthermore, as far as I have understood it, the demonstration in Mashhad were originally done by pro-ahmadinejad people against rohani but was then hijacked by anti IR groups as they saw the opportunity and then it was bloated x 1000 by western media because they hate the Iranian government.

 

I agree with above points and this is probably overblown by anti-IRI groups. At the same time, I think it should be the #1 job of any government to try to make life better for the people of the country thru economic improvements, trying to keep inflation low, and diversifying the economy, which creates security. 

Many governments in the area, not just Iran, have heavily relied on revenue from petroleum  / natural gas in order to pay for government expenditures. Now that the era of reliance on this income is coming to an end (because of alternative energy sources and the glut of oil on the market), they should try to think how they can diversify and increase trade so that the economy can stabilize. Maybe they are already doing this, I don't know. 

 

Also I have looked at some of the clips of the anti government protests on BBC. It looks like a few hundred people. These are protests, but doesn't seem to be 'massive' or 'widespread' as most Western news outlets are reporting. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×