Sumerian

Iraq not part of any axis

Rate this topic

"We don't want to be part of any axis," Abadi said as he left Baghdad, referring to an Iran-led Shi'ite regional coalition and a Saudi-led Sunni coalition.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-saudi/iraqi-pm-abadi-heads-to-saudi-arabia-at-start-of-mideast-tour-idUSKBN19A0UF

It seems the leadership in Iraq is intending to turn Iraq into a neutral country when it comes to regional issues, like Oman and Algeria.

Based on what I have seen, that's what most Iraqis want. I'm not saying this is good or bad though.

I guess it's because Iraq has been through too many conflicts, Iraqis are now saying "we don't care, we want good relations with all, just leave us in peace, we want to strengthen our economy and fight institutional corruption and terrorism, that's all."

Leading popular politicians like Nouri Al-Maliki and Muqtada Al-Sadr have also re-iterated this isolasionist rhetoric.

Edited by Sumerian

Iraq's been through a lot over the years, Saddam, 12 years of sanctions, then the Americans, Al Qaeda and ISIS. From a selfish Iraqi perspective alone, it makes sense to just develop economically and not allow another type of insurgency to grow and decimate the hardwork that has been done in fighting ISIS. But I get the feeling Iran and Iraq will still be pretty close, perhaps not as much as Iran and Syria or Iran and Hezbollah are, but it is quite likely that Iraq's closest "ally" will be Iran. 

to say you want good relations with usa after they completely destroyed it is completely idiotic.

also where did isis come from?? does no one feel the need to hold saudi arabia and their wahabism accountable for the crimes isis has done in iraq??

you will be held accountable for staying silent to the opressors.. 

Salam Alykum Sumerian, 

(I can tell your Iraqi) I agree fully with this approach as the people of Iraq just dont want politics to matter anymore to them for they've been at the mercy of war, sanctions, terror, dictators and coups, and violations for 45 years by now!! Yes 45 years of instability. They just want to be left alone but Iran which doesn't have good interests at mind wont unfortunately (they keep thinking Iraqi Shia want a waliyah faqih system which is absolutely untrue they want a secular system). Im very happy Abadi took this approach. Let the Iranians send their own men and children to die in their proxy wars and quest for domination of the middle east. While Iraqis rebuild their own nation wisely while the Saudis and Iranians duke it out. I also advise our Syrian brethren to do the same if they dont want to be a battle ground for these two selfish powers in the future.

Peace to you and your Iraqi countrymen inshallah

Salam

36 minutes ago, Forgottenthinker said:

Salam Alykum Sumerian, 

(I can tell your Iraqi) I agree fully with this approach as the people of Iraq just dont want politics to matter anymore to them for they've been at the mercy of war, sanctions, terror, dictators and coups, and violations for 45 years by now!! Yes 45 years of instability. They just want to be left alone but Iran which doesn't have good interests at mind wont unfortunately (they keep thinking Iraqi Shia want a waliyah faqih system which is absolutely untrue they want a secular system). Im very happy Abadi took this approach. Let the Iranians send their own men and children to die in their proxy wars and quest for domination of the middle east. While Iraqis rebuild their own nation wisely while the Saudis and Iranians duke it out. I also advise our Syrian brethren to do the same if they dont want to be a battle ground for these two selfish powers in the future.

Salam

Masha'llah how ignorant you are sister. Without Iran do you think Iraq would have survived? If not for Iran the Iraqi's would be slaves for ISIS right now. If not for Iran Syria would have been controlled by ISIS and Saudi, and my country (Lebanon) along with my family there would have been next. Who do you think provided weapons to the Iraqi's to liberate ISIS completely from Iraq? Iran. Who do you think provided soldiers to help the Iraqi people liberate ISIS from Iraq? Hezbollah. Everyone is doing there part as one united shi'a army, but here you are blaming Iran for all the problems that happen in the middle east just like what the Zionists do. it isn't about Iran or Lebanon or Iraq, it's about the Shi'a from all over the world being united to fight the terrorists that threaten our land and shrines. I advise you to think before you post.

Edited by Hassan-

Let me just put this out there, there are intelligence agencies who work closely with some Iraqis to try to drive a wedge between Shias. They know they'll get them where they want them if they can sow the seeds of disunity , jealousy, and insecurity. I am saying this based on fact and i've got evidence , and i have observed it over a long period of time and observed some of the players as well. They know what theological concepts Shias differ in, what topics are sensitive, and how to divide people based on religious and ethnic differences.

Without Iran, Iraq would be finished. Do you think Arab states who pay heavily into intelligence operations aimed to sow the seeds of disunity want any good for the Rafidha's in Iraq? I say Rafidha because that is how they see Iraqis and Iranians. We are Majoosi, Zoroastrian cancer as far as they are concerned. Once they've succeeded in sowing the seeds of disunity, discord and the rest of it, do you think they are going to put a shiny crown on the heads of Iraqis ?

SubhanAllah, don't be fooled brothers and sisters. I hear some claim Sayed Khamanei owns a 90 Billion dollar oil field, and is filthy rich, and would rush to America if he had the chance - and i heard this said by respectable members on Shiachat who will not be named.  Sadly, as for some of the descendants of Sayed Khomeini and Sayed Khui, let me not backbite but say the apple has fallen very far from the tree.

There is a Fitnah and either we stand together, or we all will suffer together. 

However, yes, let us turn neutral. Let us be neutral the way the majority of Muslims were with Ali ibn Abi Talib (as). Let us turn neutral the way the Ummah was in response to the call of Hasan and Hussain ibn Ali (as). That's because 'neutral' has always worked for us. Eitherway, let countries make their own decisions and show their real colours. Allah is a witness.

However i believe Abadi is playing it smart here. Don't show opponents all your cards.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Since the defeat of ISIS, Iraq has taken a few steps on the neutral side:

- Improved ties with Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries

- Abadi criticised Iraqis that fight in Syria, saying Iraq has nothing to do with that war

Other than these, we can expect Abadi to promote complete state control over the Hashd Al-Shaabi, which is something backed by Sistani, by the way. 

2 hours ago, Hassan- said:

but here you are blaming Iran for all the problems that happen in the middle east just like what the Zionists do. it isn't about Iran or Lebanon or Iraq

Salam Alykum brother Hassan you are from the beautiful and honorable land of Lebanon mashallah I hope Iraq becomes as prosperous as it! Iran might have benefited Lebanon a lot as I hear straight up from Lebanese Shia especially yourself but Iran's policies in Iraq are an absolute disaster. They literally as I hear from family pay mullahs in Iraq to speak positive about Iran, Shia and Iran have become practically one word. If you speak negatively about Iran everyone condemns you. Iran has done nothing for Shia Iraqis. We Iraqis altogether Sunni, Shia, Kurd, Christain came together under Sistani's fatwa to defeat the evil known as isis, then all the sudden the Iranian government kept saying "this is all our doing" even the really huge Imams Iran suck ups in Najaf condemn and mock this behavior. Iranians keeps acting as if they own Najaf and Karbala even though Iraqis are hated and mocked in Mashhad for speaking Arabic. Even though we have rampant disease, poverty, and gang violence, Iraqis pleaded to Iran for help even alittle, guess what? Not surprisingly they didnt do anything AT ALL we asked them with much plea to fix our electricity problem guess what? They didnt do anything or mention it. Ironically French and Chinese companies improved our electricity problem better.

Hassan you're from Lebanon not Iraq ask all my religious family members and all of them condemn Iran's behavior and before you assume they hate Saddam and are not supporters of that rat.

Salam

3 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

SubhanAllah, don't be fooled brothers and sisters. I hear some claim Sayed Khamanei owns a 90 Billion dollar oil field, and is filthy rich, and would rush to America if he had the chance - and i heard this said by respectable members on Shiachat who will not be named.  Sadly, as for some of the descendants of Sayed Khomeini and Sayed Khui, let me not backbite but say the apple has fallen very far from the tree.

Hello brother,

For your information I have religious Shia Iranian friends that were tortured under the Shah and Khomeini regimes and they told me stories of Afghan Shia that were spat at for simply looking Hazara. That not a Islamic republic. Also what type of Islamic republic supports Russia and China atheistic nations that abuse their own Muslim population? Iran simply has its own interests at mind not that of Muslims let alone Iraqis take that with a pinch of salt okay? All nations are like that. One last thing, in Iraq as I said to Hassan a majority of Shia Iraqis either dislike Iran or their views are neutral about it my family and friends despise it stop watching Press tv.

Salam

On 12/27/2017 at 9:40 PM, Forgottenthinker said:

Salam Alykum brother Hassan you are from the beautiful and honorable land of Lebanon mashallah I hope Iraq becomes as prosperous as it! Iran might have benefited Lebanon a lot as I hear straight up from Lebanese Shia especially yourself but Iran's policies in Iraq are an absolute disaster. They literally as I hear from family pay mullahs in Iraq to speak positive about Iran, Shia and Iran have become practically one word. If you speak negatively about Iran everyone condemns you. Iran has done nothing for Shia Iraqis. We Iraqis altogether Sunni, Shia, Kurd, Christain came together under Sistani's fatwa to defeat the evil known as isis, then all the sudden the Iranian government kept saying "this is all our doing" even the really huge Imams Iran suck ups in Najaf condemn and mock this behavior. Iranians keeps acting as if they own Najaf and Karbala even though Iraqis are hated and mocked in Mashhad for speaking Arabic. Even though we have rampant disease, poverty, and gang violence, Iraqis pleaded to Iran for help even alittle, guess what? Not surprisingly they didnt do anything AT ALL we asked them with much plea to fix our electricity problem guess what? They didnt do anything or mention it. Ironically French and Chinese companies improved our electricity problem better.

Hassan you're from Lebanon not Iraq ask all my religious family members and all of them condemn Iran's behavior and before you assume they hate Saddam and are not supporters of that rat.

Salam

I'm not surprised you're from Iraq because the majority of the Shi'as that dislike Iran happen to be Iraqi. It's really a shame how much hate some Iraqis show to Iran even when Iran helped Iraq more than any country in the world against their war on ISIS.

I differentiate Iraqis between two types, the pro/neutral-Iran Iraqis that are well respected like brother @Sumerian, and the anti-Iran Iraqis that I don't respect nor do many Shi'as respect. Unfortunately your family happen to be anti-Iranians, and I say this with no disrespect, they chose the deviated path, the path of ignorance. I don't blame you for believing everything you just said, because a child usually follows the beliefs of their parents and as they grow older they adopt their views and think it's right. It's pretty obvious your family fed lies to you about Iran and now you believe these lies because you "trust" your family, but I think it's time for you to be independent in your research and be open minded instead of listening to one side of the story and not listening to the other. What you heard from your family is WRONG.

Iran has done nothing for Shia Iraqis.

What? Do you not understand that Iraq defeated ISIS because of Iran? ISIS would have eventually reached southern Iraq all the way to Najaf if not for Iran/Hezbollah intervening. the brave Iraqi's played a major role in destroying ISIS yes, but with the help of IRAN.

We Iraqis altogether Sunni, Shia, Kurd, Christain came together under Sistani's fatwa to defeat the evil known as isis, then all the sudden the Iranian government kept saying "this is all our doing" even the really huge Imams Iran suck ups in Najaf condemn and mock this behavior

Where did you get this? Show me where the Iranian government said "this is all our doing". Or is this another lie your family has been telling you and you believed it?

Iranians keeps acting as if they own Najaf and Karbala even though Iraqis are hated and mocked in Mashhad for speaking Arabic.

Oh so it's not just the Iranian government you hate, it's also the Iranian people it seems. Nationalism at its finest.

Iraqis pleaded to Iran for help even alittle, guess what? Not surprisingly they didnt do anything AT ALL we asked them with much plea to fix our electricity problem guess what? They didnt do anything or mention it.

Yes but you know what, Iran cannot babysit every country when they have a problem. Iran has way too many problems on its own right now, they help as much as they can and they've helped the Shi'as more than enough. What do you think would have happened to the Shi'as if not for the help of Iran? But ofcourse, haters are gonna hate.

Here is a video of Sayed Al Moussawi in Iraq, who is an Iraqi. He is condemning all the Iraqis that hate on Iran/WF and telling them to keep their mouths shut. 

On 12/28/2017 at 12:05 AM, Hassan- said:

I differentiate Iraqis between two types, the pro/neutral-Iran Iraqis that are well respected like brother @Sumerian, and the anti-Iran Iraqis that I don't respect nor do many Shi'as respect

Then I guess you hate a majority of Iraqi Shia then, go figure

Unfortunately your family happen to be anti-Iranians, and I say this with no disrespect, they chose the deviated path, the path of ignorance. I don't blame you for believing everything you just said, because a child usually follows the beliefs of their parents and as they grow older they adopt their views and think it's right.

I think you happen to be brainwashed if you think anyone against Iran is anti Shia that's a huge claim. Besides millions of Iranians, Afghan, Yemeni Shia dislike the Iranian government. (not the people there a difference okay?)

I'm not surprised you're from Iraq because the majority of the Shi'as that dislike Iran happen to be Iraqi.

No sorry that place goes to Afghan Shia not Iraqi Shia but We're a second close. Yay

Whatever bro if you want to be a wilayat faqier go for it, dont care. But I end with this, the Iraqi people just want to be left alone really they're tired mentally and physically so Iran dragging this nation into its own problems is one of the most selfish things any nation can do so called "Islamic Republic." 

10 minutes ago, Forgottenthinker said:

the Iraqi people just want to be left alone really they're tired mentally and physically so Iran dragging this nation into its own problems is one of the most selfish things any nation can do so called "Islamic Republic." 

jV9OYlr.gif

Lol, if Iran leaves you alone, you will have ISIS knocking on your front doors. Do you want that? Is having ISIS in your country a better option than receiving help from Iran? Iran is doing your country a favour, how about you show some respect to it and be grateful. I think you have a hard time in rationalizing, you just don't seem to understand what I've been telling you all this time. Oh well, may Allah (awj) guide you.

On 12/27/2017 at 6:03 PM, Forgottenthinker said:

Salam Alykum Sumerian, 

Salam

Your thought pattern is absolutely disgusting.

Are you that uneducated that you cannot come to a conclusion as of what would have happened if Iran would not intervene? Truly you are not only ignorant but you are also ungrateful to your neighbors.

When daesh(la) was mere kilometers from Baghdad, who saved your country? Do you know what would have happened if the government if Baghdad would have been removed by daesh(la)?

I truly feel sorry for you, you have taken selfishness to a new level and you do not see that this is a humanistic fight for the people in middle east to rid it of terrorism, whether its in Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan but you only care about the Iraqi people right? Who cares about the rest? Who cares about haqq and batil right?

If it was not for the loving brothers in Iran who came to their neighbors in their time of need and if it was not for brave men like Seyyed Sistani(Iranian) who wisely called for the creation of the Hashd then your entire country would not only have been in ruins and all the women raped but it would have also been split up into 3, southern Kurdistan, northern Iraq(sunni) and southern Iraq(shia) and all of them would be a much weaker entity by themselves more prone to being oppressed and forced into whatever direction its israeli masters decide.

This is a fight for the muslims of the world, for uniting the shias of Ali(as), for making our Imam(ajf) proud of us, to put away primitive ideas of nationalism and unite under the banner of al-Islam. But I guess for someone who defines their religion as "Agnostic Shia" whatever the hell that means, these things are too hard to understand.

14 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Iraq's been through a lot over the years, Saddam, 12 years of sanctions, then the Americans, Al Qaeda and ISIS. From a selfish Iraqi perspective alone, it makes sense to just develop economically and not allow another type of insurgency to grow and decimate the hardwork that has been done in fighting ISIS. But I get the feeling Iran and Iraq will still be pretty close, perhaps not as much as Iran and Syria or Iran and Hezbollah are, but it is quite likely that Iraq's closest "ally" will be Iran. 

The reason iraqis has been through a lot is because of themselves.

They could have removed Saddam back in the Iran Iraq war when the whole army of Saddam was at the front trying to invade, they didnt. The Iraqis who were against Saddam(la) were the majority, the price of AK47 will always be low, but they didnt remove him out of fear and selfishness and as a consequence of living under his rule all the rest of the suffering continued and the future became what it became. Yes, there were brave people who fought against him in whatever way they could but the majority did not.

As long as people are selfish and refuse to work fi sabilillah and think only of themselves, nothing will change and they will suffer one suffering after the other.

Had the archers not ran down the hills because of selfishness and stayed in the position they were told and worked fi sabilillah, the battle of Uhud would have been won, but they were selfish.

Edited by IbnSina

53 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

if it was not for brave men like Seyyed Sistani(Iranian) who wisely called for the creation of the Hashd then your entire country

Salam Alykum brother,

I wanted to stay away from this topic after my discussion with brother Hassan, but I have to point out quickly we Shia in Iraq support The respectable Ayatollah Sistani's fatwa which united Iraqis of all faiths to destroy the evil known as isis and return our honor, NOT Khamenei who we dislike.

May Allah reveal the truth to all of you

Salam

4 hours ago, IbnSina said:

The reason iraqis has been through a lot is because of themselves.

They could have removed Saddam back in the Iran Iraq war when the whole army of Saddam was at the front trying to invade, they didnt. The Iraqis who were against Saddam(la) were the majority, the price of AK47 will always be low, but they didnt remove him out of fear and selfishness and as a consequence of living under his rule all the rest of the suffering continued and the future became what it became. Yes, there were brave people who fought against him in whatever way they could but the majority did not.

You have no idea what you're talking about and you have disrespected Iraqis who are the crown upon everyone's head once again.

You think removing Saddam is easy? Get a load of this! In 1991 when Saddam was kicked out of Kuwait, his rule was at its weakest point, his Army was a shambles and Iraq was dying due to international sanctions. 

Do you know who rose up? The Shi'a, and they were well equipped with heavy weaponry, backed by Iran and some even say Syria. And they were also fighting at the same time as the Kurdish rebels in the North were. 

Do you know what happened? Saddam still maintained his rule. And that was Saddam at his weakest point. Now you imagine what would have happened if that was Saddam at his peak.

You keep acting like Shias are a huge majority in Iraq, under Saddam both sects were very close in numbers. Closer than today, and today is still close. This isn't Iran where 90% of the population are Shi'a.

Use your brain, think and read before you embarrass yourself with such a pathetic comment. It is obvious your understanding of Iraq is weak so I suggest you stick to speaking about countries you know about, rather than opening your mouth to which we then have to read such garbage.

Edited by Sumerian

If you don't know anything about Iraq and you just want to spew nonsense, this is not the place for you to preach.

Shi'a Iraqi Islamic movements against the Iraqi government existed since the 50s - meaning before Saddam. While you people act like Iraqis were all worshipping Saddam. 

Iraqis have gone through their ups and downs just like all peoples and are only doing very well now, so you had best give them time to sort out their internal issues before you expect a lot from them.

21 hours ago, IbnSina said:

There were major revolts against him in 1991, in the Shia South, and the Kurdish North. He ended up gassing hundreds of thousands of people and till this date there are mass graves in Iraq filled with remains of dead bodies. Then there were twelve years of sanctions that killed over a million Iraqis and strengthened Saddam.

The Iraqi uprising should have been done before 1991, during the war, when Iran's WF, Imam Khomeini, called upon them to rise up. This is when they would have had blessing of Allah, instead of blessing of America when they rose up in 1991. This would have made all the difference. In Islam, time and place for actions is important and Iraqis acted late. This is matter of faith in Welayat of Allah. 

6 minutes ago, Shiawarrior313 said:

The Iraqi uprising should have been done before 1991, during the war, when Iran's WF, Imam Khomeini, called upon them to rise up. This is when they would have had blessing of Allah, instead of blessing of America when they rose up in 1991. This would have made all the difference. In Islam, time and place for actions is important and Iraqis acted late. This is matter of faith in Welayat of Allah. 

Yea, they would have gotten gassed mate. The Kurds allied with Iran during the war and rebelled and they were subject to genocide. You think Saddam wouldn't have gassed Shi'as if he felt a threat? Please.

Its wise to criticize Iran ONLY after the Shia killing groups like ISIS or Nusra or Saudi Family are neutralized.
Cuz otherwise what would Iraq do when the next ISIS is unleashed upon it? Rely on its good relations with Saudi Arabia to defeat it? Or maybe UAE or other countries that foment this inter-shia conflict? What about the next Kurdish secession move? I am sure that Micronesia aint gonna be of much help..... But I do have faith in the Shia scholars and Shia fraternity to neutralize such mischiefs. 

Read between the lines brothers, read between the lines -

Iraq wants to be called a "non-aligned" country because that gives a face saving ego boost to her more powerful, war mongering GCC neighbors, who are clearly very successful agents of chaos but have no long term leverage left anymore. Iraq declaring itself non-aligned is a very slick strategy of ME Shia (read marajae') at large; what Iraq with its arsenal of Arabic language could do to confused masses of ME Sunnis, Iran could only imagine doing it, if ever. 

For your solace, every non-aligned country already is a natural Iran ally. As an example, look at most of the left leaning Latin America, almost always in favor of Iran on global and regional issues. If you look further, Iran itself is a hugely non-aligned country; if not the unannounced leader of the non-aligned movement already; the core of the Iranian deep state is all about "no East - no West" strategically. Don't be confused with the monetarily alliance of Russia and China with Iran on Syrian issues.  

So sit back and relax. Nothing changes on the ground except that exporting the revolution will get a bit more easier-  

Edited by Irfani313