Jin Jin

Pakistan

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

All are greater sins in the eyes of Islam. 

ISIS wasn't produced by Iraq's tribal code, it was produced by Salafist thought imported into Iraq and Saddam was the biggest opponent of tribalism because he didn't want anyone to be powerful, and a tribal leader who leads a powerful tribe can be dangerous if he turns on him. 

Hence, Iraq like most countries in the region is a cartoon entity. Patriotism for such entities is nothing short of adding to the overall & prevalent stupidity in the region.

This thread gave me acidity and migraine........

Wallahul Azeem, how superficially shia we are.....shame on all of us !!!

14 hours ago, 3wliya_maryam said:

Pakistan is full of Wahhabis, thats all I can say.

And there's no justice there, especially to what happened to that innocent girl Zainab

I disagree.

There are 70 - 80 million Shia in Pakistan also and the biggest religion is orthodox Sunni who love the Ahl al Bayt (as). Inshallah there will be ansar for Imam  Mahdi (as) from Pakistan. Pakistanis have their own elite outfit in Syria and Iraq, the Zainabiyun brigade. We are not a morphinist, selfish, expansionist or criminal minded people like our neighbors. The problem with the Pakistani nation is Poverty and Illiteracy and these can be cured with effort or these issues will escalate if ignored. I recently met Shias in Peshawar and confirmed that the army has in fact devastated the Wahabi militants and forced the remaining into compliance. Things are not the same as last decade rather incomparably better. We have the ability to and are overcoming our problems. These Wahabi militants are born due to illiteracy and poverty. As children belonging to large families unable to feed them they are sought by Saudi funded madrassas and assimilated.

Zainab and the other children like her, since we are a NATION we have been at the backs of our rulers and authorities and yesterday a suspect was caught and the matter is being investigated. We are a Nation. A real Nation. We have heart. We know the way and we are struggling. We have completed great national projects. Motorways, power generation facilities, reforestation programs, defense initiatives, counter insurgency ops. The nation itself has been pressing the politicians hard and making them submit to our demands. Its a very healthy trend, don't you agree?

Our army disagrees with the political leadership who have been serving the zionists for bribes but thats what these crooks do. Inshallah elections are this year and hopefully under a new regime the establishment's goals are to turn a fresh page with Iran and Russia and even invite India to CPEC. To trade and prosper for the future generations and make ourselves stronger for the challenges ahead. Its a long shot but it is worth going each step for the sake of so many people. Good people. With work from the community and prayers I have hope that my country will survive through and become the asian tiger it should. We have nuclear deterrence. Our enemies can bang their heads against our nukes. It'll make us stronger.

There is a huge honking difference here for those who can see and know the difference.

12 hours ago, Wahdat said:

Hence, Iraq like most countries in the region is a cartoon entity. Patriotism for such entities is nothing short of adding to the overall & prevalent stupidity in the region.

Patriotism for Iraq is because Iraq is the 'Cradle of Civilisation'. Not many countries can be called that you know. The unique history of Iraq speaks for itself.

Iraqis are a great nation too. Inshallah their wounds will heal if flies are not allowed to sit on them. I have recently talked to the army leaders here some of them are my friends. They have great plans for the region. They have positive and peaceful options for India also if only they agree to solve the Kashmir issue. Which even if they don't and once the local problem of insurgency and terror storm is dealt with we can focus on the middle east. We are not wahabi minded. Dont you see we did not help Saudia with Syria or Yemen. We want friends with Iran, Iraq and everyone else who want to be friends. Even ex-Soviet states through Afghanistan if only they would get rid of the lord of terror sitting at their throne and not allowing them forward. We have plans to set up big trade networks. We are poised for that.

We are ready to defend the innocent people in the region by all means necessary. We have given explicit statement some years ago that if any nuclear escalation takes place then our response first and foremost will be to strike India and Israel as they are the sources and the sedition backing our enemies. So we have a common enemy. We need your prayers and well wishes. We have already been facing negativity. No country in the region has been fighting and sacrificing against terror like Pakistan has. If Iran and Iraq's east side is safe its because of Pakistani forces. So wish us well like brothers do. Let the pied pipers pipe on while we take the road forward to our destiny.

5 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Patriotism for Iraq is because Iraq is the 'Cradle of Civilisation'. Not many countries can be called that you know. The unique history of Iraq speaks for itself.

You can only be proud of your father being a doctor if you possess the same healing qualities and not when you use his status for gambling debts.

So if you are proud of Hammurabi from 1000s of years ago, you should equally be ashamed of Al-Baghdadi or Saddam today...no? And this is what I am focusing on..NOW.

5 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Iraqis are a great nation too. Inshallah their wounds will heal if flies are not allowed to sit on them. I have recently talked to the army leaders here some of them are my friends. They have great plans for the region. They have positive and peaceful options for India also if only they agree to solve the Kashmir issue. Which even if they don't and once the local problem of insurgency and terror storm is dealt with we can focus on the middle east. We are not wahabi minded. Dont you see we did not help Saudia with Syria or Yemen. We want friends with Iran, Iraq and everyone else who want to be friends. Even ex-Soviet states through Afghanistan if only they would get rid of the lord of terror sitting at their throne and not allowing them forward. We have plans to set up big trade networks. We are poised for that.

We are ready to defend the innocent people in the region by all means necessary. We have given explicit statement some years ago that if any nuclear escalation takes place then our response first and foremost will be to strike India and Israel as they are the sources and the sedition backing our enemies. So we have a common enemy. We need your prayers and well wishes. We have already been facing negativity. No country in the region has been fighting and sacrificing against terror like Pakistan has. If Iran and Iraq's east side is safe its because of Pakistani forces. So wish us well like brothers do. Let the pied pipers pipe on while we take the road forward to our destiny.

Pakistan currently provides the muscle for Bahrain King in oppressing locals and legitimacy and hope for MBS's Sunni-NATO....Mossad recruited Pakistanis to attack Iran, this vile cancerous entity is the cause of bloodshed in Afghanistan, and we all know their stance against India. Much like Israel, its at war with its neighbors.

Anyway- I find it odd, misplaced, and shameful to find folks in the region being proud of events 1000 of years ago or a european bone thrown their way that they call country.

All my posts above are directed at this false pride and their sources and not the mass of suffering  and miserable people that those countries have created. The opportunity cost of being proud is remaining oblivious to our current sufferings and pains. 

Being proud under current circumstances, in my book, should be a cardinal sin.

6 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

I disagree.

There are 70 - 80 million Shia in Pakistan also and the biggest religion is orthodox Sunni who love the Ahl al Bayt (as). Inshallah there will be ansar for Imam  Mahdi (as) from Pakistan. Pakistanis have their own elite outfit in Syria and Iraq, the Zainabiyun brigade. We are not a morphinist, selfish, expansionist or criminal minded people like our neighbors. The problem with the Pakistani nation is Poverty and Illiteracy and these can be cured with effort or these issues will escalate if ignored. I recently met Shias in Peshawar and confirmed that the army has in fact devastated the Wahabi militants and forced the remaining into compliance. Things are not the same as last decade rather incomparably better. We have the ability to and are overcoming our problems. These Wahabi militants are born due to illiteracy and poverty. As children belonging to large families unable to feed them they are sought by Saudi funded madrassas and assimilated.

Zainab and the other children like her, since we are a NATION we have been at the backs of our rulers and authorities and yesterday a suspect was caught and the matter is being investigated. We are a Nation. A real Nation. We have heart. We know the way and we are struggling. We have completed great national projects. Motorways, power generation facilities, reforestation programs, defense initiatives, counter insurgency ops. The nation itself has been pressing the politicians hard and making them submit to our demands. Its a very healthy trend, don't you agree?

Our army disagrees with the political leadership who have been serving the zionists for bribes but thats what these crooks do. Inshallah elections are this year and hopefully under a new regime the establishment's goals are to turn a fresh page with Iran and Russia and even invite India to CPEC. To trade and prosper for the future generations and make ourselves stronger for the challenges ahead. Its a long shot but it is worth going each step for the sake of so many people. Good people. With work from the community and prayers I have hope that my country will survive through and become the asian tiger it should. We have nuclear deterrence. Our enemies can bang their heads against our nukes. It'll make us stronger.

There is a huge honking difference here for those who can see and know the difference.

That's really good then alhamdullilah,

How much damage has nationalism done......Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, please forgive the Ummah of Your Prophet (sawa)!!

2 hours ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

How much damage has nationalism done......Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, please forgive the Ummah of Your Prophet (sawa)!!

Patriotism and nationalism are not the same. Patriotism is a good thing, and love of your homeland is mentioned in the hadiths. 

One should have gheera on his brothers in Iman first - but he should also have gheera on his homeland, people, tribe, family and friends.

These Shias in Pakistan have to endure so much in terms of persecution. Sure , there are many extremist elements among them, but generally speaking, they sacrifice so much. 

Unfortunately however, both the Shias and Sunnis in Pakistan generally have the most barbaric ways to treat women par on par with backward Saudi families. 

No offence, but if i were to be created as a woman in Pakistan, i may escape lucky and be born into an understanding family, but it is safe to say the deck would be firmly against me.

Women are like commodities, cattle, to be guilt-tripped, subdued, and commanded in Pakistan - in many cases, not most or all. 

Some of the guys also don't get off lightly mind.  It all depends on how the parents there are willing to go to guilt trip their children, force them into arranged marriages , call divorced women as 'damaged goods' etc.

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

After reading this thread, there is one thing that I am sure about, hyper nationalism is a curse on the Ummah. 

There are 47 Muslim majority countries what's stopping them from getting united against American imperialism ? These countries only care about personal regional and global interests nothing else. There is no such thing as one unified Ummah. The only country that has had some courage to show some resistance, has been Iran. 

Pakistan a country with a begging bowl, it has been living on mercy of America, KSA & China. They are buying a new credit card to pay of the previous one. All those infrastructure projects that you are bragging about were building by (beekh) given by some foreign nation. You need money to fight a war, where is that money going to come from? 

4 hours ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

After reading this thread, there is one thing that I am sure about, hyper nationalism is a curse on the Ummah. 

There are 47 Muslim majority countries what's stopping them from getting united against American imperialism ? These countries only care about personal regional and global interests nothing else. There is no such thing as one unified Ummah. The only country that has had some courage to show some resistance, has been Iran. 

Pakistan a country with a begging bowl, it has been living on mercy of America, KSA & China. They are buying a new credit card to pay of the previous one. All those infrastructure projects that you are bragging about were building by (beekh) given by some foreign nation. You need money to fight a war, where is that money going to come from? 

and you yourself are using KASHMIRI with your name and yet you say that hyper nationalism is a curse

we know CPEC is a thorn in your eyes and you cant digest the very fact that so much of investment is coming in Pakistan

34 minutes ago, al-syedia said:

and you yourself are using KASHMIRI with your name and yet you say that hyper nationalism is a curse

we know CPEC is a thorn in your eyes and you cant digest the very fact that so much of investment is coming in Pakistan

There is a difference between patriotism and hyper nationalism. Why would CPEC be a thorn in my eye ? Ohh you thought I was pro India. As soon as you criticise Pakistan people automatically assume that you are either an Indian or from Afghanistan. I hate India more than anything in this world. 

On 1/24/2018 at 5:46 PM, Intellectual Resistance said:

These Shias in Pakistan have to endure so much in terms of persecution. Sure , there are many extremist elements among them, but generally speaking, they sacrifice so much. 

Unfortunately however, both the Shias and Sunnis in Pakistan generally have the most barbaric ways to treat women par on par with backward Saudi families. 

No offence, but if i were to be created as a woman in Pakistan, i may escape lucky and be born into an understanding family, but it is safe to say the deck would be firmly against me.

Women are like commodities, cattle, to be guilt-tripped, subdued, and commanded in Pakistan - in many cases, not most or all. 

Some of the guys also don't get off lightly mind.  It all depends on how the parents there are willing to go to guilt trip their children, force them into arranged marriages , call divorced women as 'damaged goods' etc.

Enough bovine excrement in that one post to fill up a swimming pool, mr. intellectless resistance.

On 1/24/2018 at 11:11 PM, Sumerian said:

Patriotism and nationalism are not the same. Patriotism is a good thing, and love of your homeland is mentioned in the hadiths. 

One should have gheera on his brothers in Iman first - but he should also have gheera on his homeland, people, tribe, family and friends.

Assalamu alaykum @Sumerian

Dear brother,

Firstly,I am not talking about the dictionary distinction between 'patriotism' and 'nationalism', and it is quite unreasonable on your part to think that I am ignorant of the same. A cardinal tenet of philology is that the meanings of the words acquire different implications and connotations as their usage in contemporary politico-cultural matrices morph as time goes on. For instance, look at the category of people who identify as 'patriots' in contemporary Western socio-political usage, and at which end of the political spectrum they stand. When great minds like Mark Twain, George Bernard Shaw and Rabindranath Tagore (the Indian-origin noble laureate author, philosopher, and social activist of international acclaim, who also happened to be an Indian freedom-struggle veteran) satirized the concept of 'patriotism', did they intend to mean the dictionary definition of the term? No. They were pouring scorn on the word as it had come to mean in their contemporary political usage.

Secondly, I believe it is time for us to rethink what 'love for the homeland' should mean in this day and age. It is this 'love for the homeland' which is furnishing the pretext for our religious centers being more culturally aligned than being tied to their trans-national, multi-cultural, polyphonic Islamic moorings - the spirit of our madhab, where people outside that cultural milieu receive an alienating treatment  ; it is this 'love for homeland' which is furnishing the pretext for the ostracism of those youths by their families and communities who choose to marry outside their ethno-linguistic groups; it is this 'love for homeland' which has reduced reverts to being nowhere people, as, unlike other Muslims, they do not have any cultural community to fall back upon.

'Love for the homeland' means that we wish for, and work for, the betterment of our people minus the jingoistic, nativist sense of superiority, and see others as our equal, and not lesser, beings. Running down other cultures/nationalities is not proving the superiority of our own countries over others. Affection for one's homeland is absolutely fine, but when Muslims begin to squabble over lines drawn on sand with human hands, and discussions over national/cultural/ethnic differences degenerate into obnoxious slugfests of nativist invectives, it is a red signal for me. Besides, the fact that brothers @Ali Al Kashmiri and @Ashvazdanghe have shared my concerns demonstrates that I am not the only one to feel thus.

No offence meant to anyone. Should I have inadvertently injured anyone's sentiments, I tender my apologies.

For the Mods : It is not my habit to bump old threads, but I had to respond to brother Sumerian. 

18622459_618805248324545_8175377284036403092_n.jpg

Edited by AbdusSibtayn
photo

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

Samuel Johnson: "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

And racism/ethnocentrism/cultural bigotry of the Munafiq !:)

6 minutes ago, AbdusSibtayn said:

And racism/ethnocentrism/cultural bigotry of the Munafiq !:)

A non sequitor l think. A munafiqeen is a hypocrite who pretends to be a believer; while in Johnson's usage, 'scoundrel' signifies intellectual intransigence --the refusing to let-go an absurd position by claiming 'it is patriotic' as all other defenses fail.

1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

A non sequitor l think. A munafiqeen is a hypocrite who pretends to be a believer; while in Johnson's usage, 'scoundrel' signifies intellectual intransigence --the refusing to let-go an absurd position by claiming 'it is patriotic' as all other defenses fail.

Thanks brother. I stand corrected.

4 minutes ago, Jin Jin said:

In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date.

Yeah, and we are still electing corrupt people.

On 1/24/2018 at 2:09 AM, Wahdat said:

not when your homeland is the womb for terrorist organization...your politicians corrupt puppets....your society sick where human or donkey flesh is often sold in restaurants...rampant homosexuality....heaven for all sorts of smuglers...gay-porn capital of the world etc etc...you come from a healthy country like Iran...a country with history and culture and could not understand how dirty and sick Pakistan is until you go and visit...and folks in Pakistan likewise...they have no idea that a country could be healthy and positive like Iran. Hence, loving such a filthy country should be forbidden.

What! Astaghfirullah! Seriously, human flesh is consumed in restaurants in Pakistan?!?

I hadn't realised it was number 1 on the gay-porn list either, Astaghfirullah!

3 hours ago, TheGreenWanderer said:

What! Astaghfirullah! Seriously, human flesh is consumed in restaurants in Pakistan?!?

I hadn't realised it was number 1 on the gay-porn list either, Astaghfirullah!

AstaghfirAllah!

Where is all this coming from?