crashproof

Is it haram to marry an atheist woman?

Rate this topic

View of god on marriage for us is this : 

quran5:5 This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

just with a believer of scriptures. And definitely not with a Christian that says Jesus is god.

3 hours ago, Arminmo said:

View of god on marriage for us is this : 

quran5:5 This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

just with a believer of scriptures. And definitely not with a Christian that says Jesus is god.

What if I don’t want to do sexual intercourse(dating) thanks

Holy Quran 2:221
------------------
وَلَا تَنكِحُوا الْمُشْرِكَاتِ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنَّ ۚ وَلَأَمَةٌ مُّؤْمِنَةٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكَةٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَتْكُمْ ۗ وَلَا تُنكِحُوا الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَتَّىٰ يُؤْمِنُوا ۚ وَلَعَبْدٌ مُّؤْمِنٌ خَيْرٌ مِّن مُّشْرِكٍ وَلَوْ أَعْجَبَكُمْ ۗ أُولَٰئِكَ يَدْعُونَ إِلَى النَّارِ ۖ وَاللَّهُ يَدْعُو إِلَى الْجَنَّةِ وَالْمَغْفِرَةِ بِإِذْنِهِ ۖ وَيُبَيِّنُ آيَاتِهِ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ

And do not marry the idolatresses until they believe, and certainly a believing maid is better than an idolatress woman, even though she should please you; and do not give (believing women) in marriage to idolaters until they believe, and certainly a believing servant is better than an idolater, even though he should please you; these invite to the fire, and Allah invites to the garden and to forgiveness by His will, and makes clear His communications to men, that they may be mindful.

http://www.islamquest.net/en/archive/question/fa3740

Holy Quran 4:25
------------------
وَمَن لَّمْ يَسْتَطِعْ مِنكُمْ طَوْلًا أَن يَنكِحَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ فَمِن مَّا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُم مِّن فَتَيَاتِكُمُ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ ۚ وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِإِيمَانِكُم ۚ بَعْضُكُم مِّن بَعْضٍ ۚ فَانكِحُوهُنَّ بِإِذْنِ أَهْلِهِنَّ وَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ مُحْصَنَاتٍ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحَاتٍ وَلَا مُتَّخِذَاتِ أَخْدَانٍ ۚ فَإِذَا أُحْصِنَّ فَإِنْ أَتَيْنَ بِفَاحِشَةٍ فَعَلَيْهِنَّ نِصْفُ مَا عَلَى الْمُحْصَنَاتِ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ لِمَنْ خَشِيَ الْعَنَتَ مِنكُمْ ۚ وَأَن تَصْبِرُوا خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

And whoever among you has not within his power ampleness of means to marry free believing women, then (he may marry) of those whom your right hands possess from among your believing maidens; and Allah knows best your faith: you are (sprung) the one from the other; so marry them with the permission of their masters, and give them their dowries justly, they being chaste, not fornicating, nor receiving paramours; and when they are taken in marriage, then if they are guilty of indecency, they shall suffer half the punishment which is (inflicted) upon free women. This is for him among you who fears falling into evil; and that you abstain is better for you, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(Sistani): A Muslim woman can not marry an infidel marriage, whether it is permanent or temporary, whether it is a infallible book or a non-book; the Muslim man can not marry the  Kafir women of the non book, but the confession of women who are Jews or Christians do not have an obstacle, and they do not need to make permanent appointment with them due to the precautionary, but the wise woman, obligatory precaution, even temporarily, should not marry a Muslim, and some of the difference, such as those who recognize themselves as Muslims And in the judgment of the infallible, a man and a Muslim woman can not marry with them permanently or temporarily, as well as apostate.

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa1201

19 hours ago, crashproof said:

So is it haram to do zawaj muta with atheist? Thanks

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

It is haram.  As you know, any form of intercourse is a chance of having children.  Why put yourself in a situation like this knowing if you have a child from this relationship, who will be raising your child?

It is haram brother.  You can do better.  Find from ahul kittab.

Be patient and don't throw your religion away just for a few minutes of pleasure.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

51 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

It is haram.  As you know, any form of intercourse is a chance of having children.  Why put yourself in a situation like this knowing if you have a child from this relationship, who will be raising your child?

It is haram brother.  You can do better.  Find from ahul kittab.

Be patient and don't throw your religion away just for a few minutes of pleasure.  

Hi thanks for replying. What if I want to have a relationship but not have sexual intercourse? Thanks

24 minutes ago, crashproof said:

But it isn’t official

Bismehe Ta3ala,

You are free to do what pleases your carnal desires.  You can not change the laws of Allah.

Having a relationship with an atheist woman is haram.  Doing mut3a with an athiest woman is haram.   

Now that you have obtained this knowledge and you go forth with your desires, it will be recorded and you are answerable youm al qiyyamah.

You can be a 3mar ibni sa3d or Hurr.  You choose.  It's your call.  

To please your desires and love of this dunya or to please Allah and seek a better place for your akheera.

31 minutes ago, crashproof said:

But it isn’t official

That's even worse XD

In Islam, relations between genders are governed by ( it is most likely going to end sexual)

The rule of sexual interaction is that "it should be consented) 

And by consent here, we mean written contract or something officially recited and verbally understood as explicitly agreeing on the relation.

If there are kids to come, they should not be for unknown fathers or for unnamed fathers. They should not be aborted nor negleced. They are going to be human beings with rights to know their biological parents and be taken care of.

Atheist women may not respect that. Atheist women also do not respect huge part of who you are, they consider theist people as morons who believe without evidence.

In Quran we are advised against choosing them, because ultimately they will not care about you and will stab you in back either directly or indirectly by turning you or your kids to some nihilistic atheist too.

You can do temporary marriage with Jewish or Christian woman, it will be easier for you if you are native to the land i assume. If you are from recent immigrant origins or an immigrant yourself, check with your ethnic group in nearby cities to find an available muslim woman.

If you are too young to be married in the west (12-22), and your parents are muslims, talk to them.

If you need further help, i think the forum has brothers consultantancy group or stuff

5 hours ago, crashproof said:

What do you mean?

My friend, have you ever heard of love before? It can blind you, and Im serious about that, I've seen so many brothers falling in love with Atheist girls and then when the girl doesn't want to become Muslim or she decides to leave Islam, it psychologicaly damages both the man and woman. So unless you are extremely knowledgeable then go and educate the person about Islam but if she doesn't want to listen or she isn't interested then leave it. If prioritise your Creator before yourself then just leave the  Atheist girl and look for a Muslim woman. Less hassle less trouble. Better future. If you don't want to listen then please don't complain Akhi. It's only for your best 

Edited by MohammadAli1993

On 25/12/2017 at 2:01 AM, crashproof said:

So is it haram to do zawaj muta with atheist? Thanks

Try finding some Ahlay kitaab and do that. But what if 90% of Western Europe are Christians for name sake or for Christmas only then have some patience.  Hopefully you will find one

2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

My friend, have you ever heard of love before? It can blind you, and Im serious about that, I've seen so many brothers falling in love with Atheist girls and then when the girl doesn't want to become Muslim or she decides to leave Islam, it psychologicaly damages both the man and woman. So unless you are extremely knowledgeable then go and educate the person about Islam but if she doesn't want to listen or she isn't interested then leave it. If prioritise your Creator before yourself then just leave the  Atheist girl and look for a Muslim woman. Less hassle less trouble. Better future. If you don't want to listen then please don't complain Akhi. It's only for your best 

Hello Brother. Love is blind but please do not be blind and ask Allah to provide you with good and pious muslim girl rather for those who eat pork or do zanna or drink. 

10 hours ago, Raza313 said:

Try finding some Ahlay kitaab and do that. But what if 90% of Western Europe are Christians for name sake or for Christmas only then have some patience.  Hopefully you will find one

It's best to find a Shia Muslim rather than a jew or Christian. 

2 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

It's best to find a Shia Muslim rather than a jew or Christian. 

No muslim women is ever going to accept temp/mutah marriage and no father not even sheikhs will agree to it, yes its not haram, but the truth no one practises it.

Not in Iraq (my homeland) and not where am currently resident.

whenever this topic comes up, i put forward the question, has anyone actually agreed to mutah (in a discreet matter, we dont discuss names), reality is no, people are looking for committement which i am all for, but as a student, in a foreign country, i just dont have that luxury as of yet, to get married.

i guess "patience" is the word we're waiting to hear haha.

or maybe mutah wasnt intended for such purposes, maybe, back then, at the time of the beloved Prophet (a.s, w.a.b) it was a common practise, because of the condition that era, and place had at that time, so there was more means to practise such marriage? am not sure.

Regards, Scorp

//Edit

My point, mutah with atheist in foreign country: is possible BUT haram.

mutah with Muslim in Islamic or none Islamic country: very unlikely BUT halal so to speak.

I know mutah marriage is allowed, but..Whats the point of mutah? Why is it permissible?

Only mature girls will go temp marriage. Young girls like to have perm relationship. Now for the word patience; instead of having a girl with no relationship with towards Allah. I suggest better stay away from any such girls.  Go for some community service with muslims you will find a good one

You will find soon that it the fear from Allah that give you a lot of blessings. I have some eastern European and Scandanvian friends and I tell you they live like animals in the jungle. 

Finally it is your choice but if you follow Ahalybayatt you should follow their commands not yourself