Rate this topic

New layout of SC has been launched few week ago, Mods have asked comments on it well like the post given  below:

The features to express emotions (icon) include: Like, Thanks, Confused and laugh  (hahaha ) to react on the posts.

Like and Thanks are mostly used when during the discussion at threads posts are liked or appreciated. These are mostly used.

Rest of two Confused and Laugh may be used during the discussion as well, but the user have been found misusing / creating disturbance or noise  through  these two. The examples I here quote:

The important point is that SC member has used these emotions quite blind manner and almost no post has been responded by logical words. The response has been made to these emotions on two occasions with bit strong words.

This is considered as disturbance or noise because when someone is not able to respond to the logic raised in the thread and posts the blind emotions. keeping in view the mentioned examples, It is requested to the Mods and Admins that the use of these two emotions (Confused and Laugh) may be made in some controlled / restricted  manner.

@starlight   @Reza

Regards

Honestly, using "reaction" clicks to evaluate the value of your comments is not a good idea. Sure, it feels good to be "liked", but it's really not meaningful. It's also very easy to just ignore, especially when you can't make sense of the intentions of the person clicking. 

9 hours ago, notme said:

Honestly, using "reaction" clicks to evaluate the value of your comments is not a good idea. Sure, it feels good to be "liked", but it's really not meaningful. It's also very easy to just ignore, especially when you can't make sense of the intentions of the person clicking. 

The first part is quite obvious and  agreed.

However, the second part in bold does not consider the blind clicking of one person who has opposite thought or logic may be because of any reason. But in a blind manner clicking every  post almost  as Laugh or Confused when the discussion on ideas is considered fairly in a reasonably logical way. Should not that user/ member respond with the post of words about the thread?  Should  not that be intimated to avoid such consecutive clicking,in a blind manner by SC, please?

Regards

23 hours ago, notme said:

I like to further add  the member / user consider every post whom he marked as Laugh / Confused as funny posts even though it is logical with full of reasoning 

"now I can just let people know they posted a funny post that’s just a joke"

The evidence can be seen at the given link:

That's all from my side for this thread, please.

With the site upgrade to Version 4.2, multiple emojis were included in the default package, to match what’s used in social media sites. 

People decide how they want to use them. I prefer the laughing emoji over someone posting “lol”, and if someone is confused, it makes more sense to post and ask. But personally, I don’t see any widespread abuse (even if they are weirdly used sometimes).

On 12/19/2017 at 12:46 PM, skyweb1987 said:

Should not that user/ member respond with the post of words about the thread? 

Should  not that be intimated to avoid such consecutive clicking,in a blind manner by SC, please?

Yes. Yes. I think since he is stalking you and clicking the Confused, Haha and Sad on your posts, he might have read this topic now and will stop doing that. :)