Sumerian

Upcoming events

Rate this topic

Why do we have secular and/or non-Muslim events under the "upcoming events" section? Shouldn't it be more sensible to just have Shi'i Islamic events in that section, without mixing it up with the traditions of others? What do we achieve by having Christmas up there?

Salam when an event for celebration of Allah messenger prophet Isa (as) there's no bad thing in it even the Nowruz celebration that comes from Zoroastrian

Approved by All Imams (as)

@Sumerian

Raba3 al awal

21st- Tribe of Prophet Lut (as) destroyed |

22 Prophet gives Fadak to Syeda Zehra (sa)

25th Death of Syed Murtadha (Alamal  huda)

26th Sulah/Peace treaty by Imam Hassan as
27th RA 1390 Death of Syed Mohsin Al Hakim

28th The Ark of Noah (as) rests on Mount Judi |Death of Ayatullah Marashi Najafi

8 hours ago, Reza said:

It’s just a calendar. Chill out. 

Coming from you, half your posts are angry.

9 hours ago, notme said:

It's good to be aware of the occasions of our non-Muslim neighbors, as much as we are able. 

So why just Christmas? Let's add Buddhist events, and Hindu events, and pagan events! Even better.

And the funny thing is, we didn't even have some Shi'i events on here before I made this thread.

Edited by Sumerian

49 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

And the funny thing is, we didn't even have some Shi'i events on here before I made this thread.

Just because you never noticed the calendar before does not mean that it was not available. The previous Shia events that were in the calendar move out when that day is over. You can look at all of the past events in the calendar, Brother. Choose the month here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/calendar/

Edited by Hameedeh
Link to calendar.

12 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Just because you never noticed the calendar before does not mean that it was not available. The previous Shia events that were in the calendar move out when that day is over. You can look at all of the past events in the calendar, Brother. Choose the month here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/calendar/

Umm when I logged yesterday in all I saw was three events in the "upcoming events" place, two of which were related to the useless event of Christmas.

Today I logged in, and saw more events were added.

7 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Umm when I logged yesterday in all I saw was three events in the "upcoming events" place, two of which were related to the useless event of Christmas.

Today I logged in, and saw more events were added.

It is difficult to add new events to the ShiaChat calendar because of moonsighting. Sometimes new events cannot be added until we are sure of the beginning of the new Arabic lunar month. 

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

So why just Christmas? Let's add Buddhist events, and Hindu events, and pagan events!

I'm ok with that, but I don't know whether the volunteers who are working on the calendar these days have access to that information. 

50 minutes ago, notme said:

I'm ok with that, but I don't know whether the volunteers who are working on the calendar these days have access to that information. 

I'm sure they do, seeing as they know a lot about useless events.

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

It is difficult to add new events to the ShiaChat calendar because of moonsighting. Sometimes new events cannot be added until we are sure of the beginning of the new Arabic lunar month. 

So why was it added today? The fact is this thread brought the people who do the calendar's attention.

3 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

So why was it added today? The fact is this thread brought the people who do the calendar's attention.

No, the calendar events are added when an Admin has time to do it. The fact that calendar events were created recently has nothing to do with your creating this topic, but thank you for the publicity. :) 

1 hour ago, Hameedeh said:

No, the calendar events are added when an Admin has time to do it. The fact that calendar events were created recently has nothing to do with your creating this topic, but thank you for the publicity. :) 

It is obvious to me that I get credit for this.