Jin Jin

What about Kashmir?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Why Gujarat?

In 2002 communal riots took place, more than 1000 Muslims were slaughtered, dozens of Muslim women raped by Hindu mobs. The state government & the police did nothing for 3 days. The person who was the head of the state (chief minister) during those riots namely Narrander Modi is currently the Prime minister of India. 

https://www.truthofgujarat.com/topics/2002-gujarat-riots/ 

9 hours ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

In 2002 communal riots took place, more than 1000 Muslims were slaughtered, dozens of Muslim women raped by Hindu mobs. The state government & the police did nothing for 3 days. The person who was the head of the state (chief minister) during those riots namely Narrander Modi is currently the Prime minister of India. 

https://www.truthofgujarat.com/topics/2002-gujarat-riots/ 

I know. But we are talking about the  current situation and the regions that are affected by violence. Gujarat doesn't qualify. 

14 hours ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

Salaam 

@AbdusSibtayn

This is my first comment on shiachat, so if I make any mistake in tagging or replying to someone do forgive me for that. 

I being a Kashmiri, who has witnessed Indian brutality firsthand would disagree with my Indian brother. If a voting is held in kashmir today 85% of kashmir's would vote for an Independent country rather than Pakistan or India. People in kashmir are fed up of both the countries.

Firstly I don't see any difference between Taliban sucide bombers or Hindu nationalists & vigilantes lynching innocent Muslim, just few days back a Muslim man was burnt to death by Hindu extremists. Secondly Pakistanis did not vote Someone like Modi to become PM. A person who is responsible for slaughtering 1000 Muslims in Gujarat.

Most of your claims about shias having no stake in separatist movement is kashmir or the sunni separatist leaders being funded by Nasibi wahabis are absolutely false. The Kashmir issue dates back to 1947. The top brass of the separatist movement does include shia leaders such as Abbas Ansar, Masroor ansari & Aga Syed Hassan & others. The poster boy of armed resistance against India Yasin Malik, & other separatist leaders do participate in Muharram processions. These people were highly influenced by the Islamic revolution in Iran & have great respect for Imam Khomeini. The is no link between Pandits ( Hindus ) & shias of kashmir, most of the pandits (Hindus) who were killed during the start of armed resistance were collaborators & paid the price of of collaborating with the Indian state. The Indian state has always tried to divide kashmir on regional & sectarian lines just to weaken the separatist movement.

Yes Azadari procession have been banned. Proir to 1989 the 8th & 10th Muharram processions would pass through the city centre now  they have been restricted to localities with sizeable shia population only. The processions were banned during governor rule after 1989, there was no provisional government between 1989 to 1996. The provisional government has always been the puppet of Indian state.

I do not blame you, the narrative put forward by the Indian state & the jingoistic India media is that Pakistan is the source of all evil & Indian army is too innocent to be involved in any kind of human rights abuses. All of the Indian media is biased when it comes to kashmir. 

Yes Shias do have insecurities about their future but if we become collaborators with Indian state we will surely meet the same fate as pandits.

Assalamu alaykum @Ali Al Kashmiri,

I can understand your pain brother. I am no apologist for the ruling dispensation. My grouse is something else- will an independent Kashmir be able to retain its independence? Or will it become a satellite state of the Pakistan-Taliban-Saudi nexus, just like the erstwhile Soviet minions of Eastern Europe? 

You are true about the rise of violent Hindutva vigilantism.You are true that Pakistanis did not elect Modi, but they did elect Nawaz Sharif, a former Zia-ul-Haq [the pioneer of Pakistan's Wahhabization] yes-man whose brother's Punjab government was funding the now-slain Lashkar-e-Jhangvi  chief Malik Ishaq, the Nasibi pig who has slaughtered hundreds of Shias in Pakistan and literally specialized is Shia pogroms. Pakistan is not some sort of a safe haven for shias.

Your claims about Yasin Malik and his ilk drawing inspiration from Imam Khomeini [rh] may well be true. But the moment I see him photographed seated next to Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, the JuD chief whose Difa-e-Pakistan rally was attended by Malik Ishaq, and with whom he shared a stage, I can't throw in my lot with the separatist movement.

When I see the separatists mourn over the death of the murderous butcher hog Saddam Hussein, the biggest oppressor of the Shia since the Abbasids, I can't trust the movement.

Why should Azadari be allowed only in Shia-majority districts? Why deny the shia the right to mourn in those areas where they are a minority? Why are no separatists demanding a lift on the ban? Are they in tacit agreement with the state government on this issue?

My criticism of the separatist movement has nothing to do with the Indian narrative. It is based on my own objective analysis. India is no paradise (at least not at the moment), to be certain. But I also do not see Pakistan, with its unofficial sectarian apartheid, or any state under the Pakistani sphere of influence for that matter, as a viable alternative.

The day these grievances are addressed, and these ambiguities resolved,I'll happily change my views. My question is, how are the separatist leaders claiming to accommodate the Kashmiri Shia while these glaring discrepancies between their speeches and actions are present?

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

..doesn't qualify

lsn't this a "losing attitude" because if it is not in the headlines it is not important?

As per Gujurat, every couple of years there is violent oppression of a really defenseless people.

Yes killings started from day one 

During September–November 1947 in the Jammu region of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir, tens of thousands of Muslims were massacred while others were driven away to West Punjab. The killings were carried out by extremist Hindus and Sikhs, aided and abetted by the forces of the Dogra State headed by the Maharaja Hari Singh.The activists of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) played a major role in planning and executing the riots.

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

lsn't this a "losing attitude" because if it is not in the headlines it is not important?

As per Gujurat, every couple of years there is violent oppression of a really defenseless people.

We were talking about the regions where there is continuous oppression on a large scale like Palestine, Myanmar, Yemen, Bahrain etc. Gujarat would definitely be in this list if this was year 2002. 

The violent oppression you are talking about (although that's not completely true) would come in another category. Loss of life is always an unfortunate thing but Gujarat can be more similar to US where there are hate crimes based on religion, race and color but not every second day. 

PS: The ruling party is not blameless. They have done crime against humanity and we cannot say what they will do next. However, India, as country, of multiple religions, languages, ethnicity is quite peaceful and stable compared to most of the Muslim nations. 

Edited by Sirius_Bright

@AbdusSibtayn

Salaam 

I am not aware of Kashmiri separatists mourning Saddam Hussain. Yasin Malik sharing a stage with hafiz Syed doesn't mean anything. His party JKLF has always called for an independent kashmir, on the other hand hafiz Sayeed & others have always insisted on kashmir becoming a part of Pakistan, which again is contrary to the aspirations of common Kashmiri. Hafiz Syed & Syed sallahudin are nothing but stooges of Pakistani army which has been using Kashmiris as canon fodder to settle their score against India. When the resistance against India became armed in 1989 it was mainly divided into two fractions pro Independence JKLF & pro Pakistan HM. 

Yes you are right in your apprehension that Kashmir might end up being a satellite state of Saudi Arabia but that does not mean we should become collaborators as well & If we do then we will surely meet the fate of pandits. Kashmir has historically been a land of Sufi saints, the traditional community culture in kashmir is still alive. 

Separatist have always raised their voice against the Muharram ban, most of them are either arrested or put under house arrest during Muharram. I'll be posting two links about their statements at the end. The security establishment is worried that Muharram processions would turn into anti India protests & it would attract a lot of attention from the media. 

Link 1

http://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/kashmir/geelani-condemns-ban-of-muharram-processions/261677.html

Link 2

http://www.fastkashmir.com/2017/09/yasin-malik-along-with-bashir-kashmiri-arrested-ahead-of-10th-muharram-sent-to-central-jail-srinagar-on-a-judicial-remand/

W/Salaam May peace prevail across the world. 

http://english.khamenei.ir/news/3653/The-issue-of-Kashmir-is-an-issue-of-humanity-Ayatollah-Khamenei

http://freepresskashmir.com/2017/09/29/resistance-and-muharram-messages-kashmiri-shia-muslims-have-always-been-pro-movement2/

Salam in my opinion the Kashmir(Little Iran) must becomes a free state/country until they are under control of India & Pakistan they always be suffer from both countries but at the end it’s depends on themselves.

https://youtu.be/uDubJpK7jAI

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

20 hours ago, Ali Al Kashmiri said:

@AbdusSibtayn

Salaam 

I am not aware of Kashmiri separatists mourning Saddam Hussain. Yasin Malik sharing a stage with hafiz Syed doesn't mean anything. His party JKLF has always called for an independent kashmir, on the other hand hafiz Sayeed & others have always insisted on kashmir becoming a part of Pakistan, which again is contrary to the aspirations of common Kashmiri. Hafiz Syed & Syed sallahudin are nothing but stooges of Pakistani army which has been using Kashmiris as canon fodder to settle their score against India. When the resistance against India became armed in 1989 it was mainly divided into two fractions pro Independence JKLF & pro Pakistan HM. 

Yes you are right in your apprehension that Kashmir might end up being a satellite state of Saudi Arabia but that does not mean we should become collaborators as well & If we do then we will surely meet the fate of pandits. Kashmir has historically been a land of Sufi saints, the traditional community culture in kashmir is still alive. 

Separatist have always raised their voice against the Muharram ban, most of them are either arrested or put under house arrest during Muharram. I'll be posting two links about their statements at the end. The security establishment is worried that Muharram processions would turn into anti India protests & it would attract a lot of attention from the media. 

Link 1

http://m.greaterkashmir.com/news/kashmir/geelani-condemns-ban-of-muharram-processions/261677.html

Link 2

http://www.fastkashmir.com/2017/09/yasin-malik-along-with-bashir-kashmiri-arrested-ahead-of-10th-muharram-sent-to-central-jail-srinagar-on-a-judicial-remand/

W/Salaam May peace prevail across the world. 

Wa alaykum as salaam.
Thanks  for the reply, brother.

@AbdusSibtayn, @Ali Al Kashmiri

if this can be of any consolation

[Shakir 2:216] ......and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.

7 hours ago, justAnothermuslim said:

@AbdusSibtayn, @Ali Al Kashmiri

if this can be of any consolation

[Shakir 2:216] ......and it may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you love a thing while it is evil for you, and Allah knows, while you do not know.

Assalamu alaykum,

To be sure, brother. May Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى 's will be done!

On 12/14/2017 at 12:10 PM, Jin Jin said:

And what about Kashmir no one really cares about Kashmir?

As-salaam Alaikum Warakhmatullahi Wabarakatuhu Brother

Please let us know ways we can help Kashmir. I wish to help a lot more, insha'Allah